Found Deceased WI - Newborn girl, dad claimed he gave her to someone, Albany, Green Co., 9 Jan 2021 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jan 9, 2021.

1. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

If no one knew about the pregnancy, they likely had nothing for the baby to wear. Not that it excuses any of this. I can’t help feeling that at least some little bit of motherly love and instinct would have kicked in and she would want to wrap the baby in something, anything, even an old t-shirt. Maybe she’s just too young for that. I hate to say it but I think we’re going to find out, somewhere down the road, that the girl knew what was going to happen to the baby.

SugarQueen, HulaMum, Flicka1 and 17 others like this.

2. nyvictoria

Judging by the shadows on the bridge pic, I’d say it was either around 10am or 2pm, depending on the direction the camera faces.

HulaMum, Flicka1, borndem and 6 others like this.
  3. nyvictoria

Duplicate post

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  4. Kiranerys

Kiranerys #LiveLikeLizzy

Maybe she did? I'm thinking (hoping) thats it possible she wrapped her in a towel or something and he discarded it along the way so as not to leave any connection to them with her tiny body.
    I really want to believe that!.

Flicka1, borndem, Luckyzmom and 9 others like this.
  5. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

I totally agree.

Flicka1, borndem, Luckyzmom and 8 others like this.
  6. nyvictoria

Absolutely! I believe, someone please correct me if I’m wrong, any minor can walk into a hospital ER and be given the morning after pill and the parents will not be notified. They can go to a Planned Parenthood center or similar clinic and receive counseling about birth control, options for pregnancy and adequate medical care. Unfortunately, PP centers are running on fumes because of reductions in funding.

The problem is that not all kids know they have these options. People object to sex education in schools and the result is preventable, unwanted pregnancy and young girls who feel they then have to hide the pregnancy. All because they don’t know they have many options at all stages of sexual activity. I know it’s a touchy subject but people need to understand that education is not the same thing as permission or encouragement.

mostly JMO

mgeni, SugarQueen, HulaMum and 22 others like this.
  7. gliving

gliving Woof

8. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

I am still deeply troubled by his hearing the baby cry within the backpack and jumping up and down to sooth her. I know others commented that not much would be left to be autopsied on an infant who sustained 2 bullet wounds to her head but I still wonder if her death was more violent. If he shook her or abused her in another manner shooting her could have been to cover a real cause of death. Beyond heartbreaking. IMO

HulaMum, Tarika, Flicka1 and 11 others like this.
  9. dulcinea

dulcinea Well-Known Member

Maybe I shouldn't be stunned, but I am. I am numb. I am sick over this. I don't know if I can follow this case.

Limecat, HulaMum, Filly and 25 others like this.
  10. FL Wannabe

FL Wannabe Active Member

I'm so heartbroken with this case. Hoping those involved (investigators) can have help dealing with the atrocious sadness.

HulaMum, Flicka1, borndem and 15 others like this.
  11. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

Me too. I could not sleep last night thinking about this. I cannot help but wonder if the Baby’s Mother did not have to go to the hospital and did not tell her Father would we even have this thread? Her Father alerted police. What if he never knew about the baby? This is what just kept going through my mind. Over and over. My heart breaks over this. MOO

Filly, Flicka1, abr and 14 others like this.
  12. Anirtak

Anirtak Well-Known Member

I'm unfollowing this thread. I know enough and don't want to know any more. Title needs updated to "arrest".

Filly, Flicka1, abr and 11 others like this.
  13. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Karma never forgets

From all i've read, only reason they were 'caught' was because girl ended up with complications 4 days later and in the hospital. Other than that, they'd have gone on with their lives like nothing happened. When will PARENTS start parenting their teens again???

SugarQueen, Tabirey, Flicka1 and 12 others like this.
  14. live40love

live40love Member

Very sad. Could have just given the baby to adoption, no need to kill the baby. So many parents wanting to adopt.

Flicka1, abr, Laughing and 10 others like this.
  15. obripe

obripe Well-Known Member

That's an interesting- does anybody know for sure? I'm inclined to think that's not the case. When I've been to the ER, they won't do anything without billing info. And I'd think that for a minor, they'd require a guardian to sign off as well.

Info on the Planned Parenthood states that the morning after pill is only available to those under 17 with a doctor's prescription.

And WI requires a family member to sign off on a minor's abortion, among other barriers.

I'd love to know more though. Access to medical services is so important!

LoveyG, HulaMum, Filly and 10 others like this.
  16. gliving

gliving Woof

They probably weren't having regular school and instead had remote learning. Teens are old enough to stay home alone all day while parents work. A disaster waiting to happen if you ask me.

Filly, Flicka1, Stripehaven and 11 others like this.
  17. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

In their defense and the circumstances we know although limited it would seem to indicate that neither teenager had a trusted adult to go to and that’s not their fault. IMO it happens more often than we are aware. My barely adult son went to my husband a couple of years ago needing an after morning pill for a friend who’s condom broke. He didn’t want me to know and my husband explained we don’t keep secrets. We called pharmacy and purchased the medication. Please don’t judge but I would never not help anyone in a similar situation. Children are precious but teenagers who know enough to practice safe sex should be applauded when safe sex or birth control fails and they immediately make a good choice. Certainly no one wants anyone much less a teenager stuck with an unwanted child or no means to care for them. The world is full of loving well meaning people who deserve babies but ignorance and young age contribute to poor choices. Some yearn for a child they cannot have while others dispose of them without considering the value babies might bring to others. Heartbreaking what the most precious endure on their paths to life and existence. IMO

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    PaganBaby, Filly, Flicka1 and 15 others like this.
  18. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

It’s great that your son was able to go to his dad for help. He probably didn’t ask you because he was just awkward, not because he didn’t trust you.

When I worked at a grocery store, teens would come and buy condoms pretty regularly. I remember feeling a bit relieved that they were educated and responsible about what they were doing.

mgeni, HulaMum, Flicka1 and 12 others like this.
  19. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

You are absolutely correct. The only thing I can imagine that poster might have in their mind is that there is a law in Wisconsin that hospitals must offer Plan-B to rape victims which it would automatically be if the girl was in fact 13 (has that been established? I only saw a link to an unrelated case) since Wisconsin's "Romeo & Juliet" law only extends to age 15. It would have required reporting to law enforcement though and additionally I see that dozens of Wisconsin hospitals were somewhat recently fined for noncompliance in providing emergency contraceptive.

It IS available over the counter but would require ID to buy in Wisconsin. Shoplifting would be a much less serious offense but it would require conscious realization of the pregnancy early on which teens rarely have.

However, Wisconsin like most states does have a "Safe Haven" law and a fairly generous one at that. Not only can an infant be left with an EMT at a fire house, they can be left with any police officer or hospital staff member even the receptionist and if the baby is under 3 days old and unharmed the person leaving it is not required to provide identification.

SugarQueen, Flicka1, nao and 7 others like this.
  20. Jja43

Jja43 Active Member

Camera is pointing south east.

Tarika, Flicka1, misgrn and 5 others like this.