WI - Newborn girl, found shot to death, dad claimed he gave her to someone, Albany, Green Co., 9 Jan 2021 *Arrest*

Or at least to put pajamas on her -- We're talkin' Wisconsin where it's c-c-c-cold outside. At least wrap her in a freakin' blanket?
If no one knew about the pregnancy, they likely had nothing for the baby to wear. Not that it excuses any of this. I can’t help feeling that at least some little bit of motherly love and instinct would have kicked in and she would want to wrap the baby in something, anything, even an old t-shirt. Maybe she’s just too young for that. I hate to say it but I think we’re going to find out, somewhere down the road, that the girl knew what was going to happen to the baby.

If no one knew about the pregnancy, they likely had nothing for the baby to wear. Not that it excuses any of this. I can’t help feeling that at least some little bit of motherly love and instinct would have kicked in and she would want to wrap the baby in something, anything, even an old t-shirt. Maybe she’s just too young for that. I hate to say it but I think we’re going to find out, somewhere down the road, that the girl knew what was going to happen to the baby.

Maybe she did? I'm thinking (hoping) thats it possible she wrapped her in a towel or something and he discarded it along the way so as not to leave any connection to them with her tiny body.
I really want to believe that!.

When a girl is 13 or 14 years and old getting attention from a boy who is 16, the age gap is huge. This girl didn’t just “ get pregnant.” An older boy who turns out to be a murderer had sex, (apparently without a condom), with a girl who was still a child.
Finding out that you’re pregnant and then going through a pregnancy can be an emotional roller coaster even for an adult. She was prime pickings for a manipulation. I don’t believe for a second that the boy told her that he was going to take the baby out in the woods and leave her there to die. In my opinion, this girl is a victim.
MOO
I totally agree.

Why does this keep happening? I’m not saying it’s not normal or natural for teenagers to explore their sexuality. It totally is.

But something clearly needs to change. A 14-year-old got pregnant and either knew and hide it, or she didn’t even realize she was pregnant until she gave birth (which has happened to many women of all ages). I think teenagers need a safe place to go to if they need some form of birth control, pregnancy tests, safe abortions and some actual sexual education.

I don’t know if there’s something like that in the US but something is not working. I think there needs to be a bit more effort on the parents side too. Talk to your kids, make them feel comfortable about talking to you about everything, let them know they can trust you and go to you if they have any problem.

It makes me so sad when stuff like this happens. Why didn’t either kid went to their respective parents? It’s sad that they felt like they couldn’t trust them or that they would get in so much trouble that it wouldn’t even be worth the help they would be getting.

Come on, we need to do better.
Absolutely! I believe, someone please correct me if I’m wrong, any minor can walk into a hospital ER and be given the morning after pill and the parents will not be notified. They can go to a Planned Parenthood center or similar clinic and receive counseling about birth control, options for pregnancy and adequate medical care. Unfortunately, PP centers are running on fumes because of reductions in funding.

The problem is that not all kids know they have these options. People object to sex education in schools and the result is preventable, unwanted pregnancy and young girls who feel they then have to hide the pregnancy. All because they don’t know they have many options at all stages of sexual activity. I know it’s a touchy subject but people need to understand that education is not the same thing as permission or encouragement.

mostly JMO

I am still deeply troubled by his hearing the baby cry within the backpack and jumping up and down to sooth her. I know others commented that not much would be left to be autopsied on an infant who sustained 2 bullet wounds to her head but I still wonder if her death was more violent. If he shook her or abused her in another manner shooting her could have been to cover a real cause of death. Beyond heartbreaking. IMO

Maybe I shouldn't be stunned, but I am. I am numb. I am sick over this. I don't know if I can follow this case.

Me too. I could not sleep last night thinking about this. I cannot help but wonder if the Baby’s Mother did not have to go to the hospital and did not tell her Father would we even have this thread? Her Father alerted police. What if he never knew about the baby? This is what just kept going through my mind. Over and over. My heart breaks over this. MOO

From all i've read, only reason they were 'caught' was because girl ended up with complications 4 days later and in the hospital. Other than that, they'd have gone on with their lives like nothing happened. When will PARENTS start parenting their teens again???

Absolutely! I believe, someone please correct me if I’m wrong, any minor can walk into a hospital ER and be given the morning after pill and the parents will not be notified. They can go to a Planned Parenthood center or similar clinic and receive counseling about birth control, options for pregnancy and adequate medical care. Unfortunately, PP centers are running on fumes because of reductions in funding.

The problem is that not all kids know they have these options. People object to sex education in schools and the result is preventable, unwanted pregnancy and young girls who feel they then have to hide the pregnancy. All because they don’t know they have many options at all stages of sexual activity. I know it’s a touchy subject but people need to understand that education is not the same thing as permission or encouragement.

mostly JMO
That's an interesting- does anybody know for sure? I'm inclined to think that's not the case. When I've been to the ER, they won't do anything without billing info. And I'd think that for a minor, they'd require a guardian to sign off as well.

Info on the Planned Parenthood states that the morning after pill is only available to those under 17 with a doctor's prescription.

And WI requires a family member to sign off on a minor's abortion, among other barriers.

I'd love to know more though. Access to medical services is so important!

From all i've read, only reason they were 'caught' was because girl ended up with complications 4 days later and in the hospital. Other than that, they'd have gone on with their lives like nothing happened. When will PARENTS start parenting their teens again???

They probably weren't having regular school and instead had remote learning. Teens are old enough to stay home alone all day while parents work. A disaster waiting to happen if you ask me.

In their defense and the circumstances we know although limited it would seem to indicate that neither teenager had a trusted adult to go to and that’s not their fault. IMO it happens more often than we are aware. My barely adult son went to my husband a couple of years ago needing an after morning pill for a friend who’s condom broke. He didn’t want me to know and my husband explained we don’t keep secrets. We called pharmacy and purchased the medication. Please don’t judge but I would never not help anyone in a similar situation. Children are precious but teenagers who know enough to practice safe sex should be applauded when safe sex or birth control fails and they immediately make a good choice. Certainly no one wants anyone much less a teenager stuck with an unwanted child or no means to care for them. The world is full of loving well meaning people who deserve babies but ignorance and young age contribute to poor choices. Some yearn for a child they cannot have while others dispose of them without considering the value babies might bring to others. Heartbreaking what the most precious endure on their paths to life and existence. IMO

Last edited:
In their defense and the circumstances we know although limited it would seem to indicate that neither teenager had a trusted adult to go to and that’s not their fault. IMO it happens more often than we are aware. My barely adult son went to my husband a couple of years ago needing an after morning pill for a friend who’s condom broke. He didn’t want me to know and my husband explained we don’t keep secrets. We called pharmacy and purchased the medication. Please don’t judge but I would never not help anyone in a similar situation. Children are precious but teenagers who know enough to practice safe sex should be applauded when safe sex or birth control fails and they immediately make a good choice. Certainly no one wants anyone much less a teenager stuck with an unwanted child or no means to care for them. The world is full of loving well meaning people who deserve babies but ignorance and young age contribute to poor choices. Some yearn for a child they cannot have while others dispose of them without considering the value babies might bring to others. Heartbreaking what the most precious endure on their paths to life and existence. IMO
It’s great that your son was able to go to his dad for help. He probably didn’t ask you because he was just awkward, not because he didn’t trust you.

When I worked at a grocery store, teens would come and buy condoms pretty regularly. I remember feeling a bit relieved that they were educated and responsible about what they were doing.

That's an interesting- does anybody know for sure? I'm inclined to think that's not the case. When I've been to the ER, they won't do anything without billing info. And I'd think that for a minor, they'd require a guardian to sign off as well.

Info on the Planned Parenthood states that the morning after pill is only available to those under 17 with a doctor's prescription.

And WI requires a family member to sign off on a minor's abortion, among other barriers.

I'd love to know more though. Access to medical services is so important!
You are absolutely correct. The only thing I can imagine that poster might have in their mind is that there is a law in Wisconsin that hospitals must offer Plan-B to rape victims which it would automatically be if the girl was in fact 13 (has that been established? I only saw a link to an unrelated case) since Wisconsin's "Romeo & Juliet" law only extends to age 15. It would have required reporting to law enforcement though and additionally I see that dozens of Wisconsin hospitals were somewhat recently fined for noncompliance in providing emergency contraceptive.

It IS available over the counter but would require ID to buy in Wisconsin. Shoplifting would be a much less serious offense but it would require conscious realization of the pregnancy early on which teens rarely have.

However, Wisconsin like most states does have a "Safe Haven" law and a fairly generous one at that. Not only can an infant be left with an EMT at a fire house, they can be left with any police officer or hospital staff member even the receptionist and if the baby is under 3 days old and unharmed the person leaving it is not required to provide identification.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back