WI - Newborn girl, found shot to death, dad claimed he gave her to someone, Albany, Green Co., 9 Jan 2021 *Arrest*

Really? Even in big cities gossip goes around. If it’s not in your neighborhood, it’s at work, school, church, clubs, sports teams, etc.

In a town like that? People are talking and talking and talking. Maybe not being mean to her, maybe not looking at her weird, but they are talking. And these things are never forgotten. I live in a bigger town and some times people come to me and say stuff like “when he/she was young she did XYZ”. Nobody forgets the woman that killed her son, she has a normal life, people are civil with her, but everybody knows she did it and sometimes still comment about it.

If this girl stays in that town, and eventually has another child when she’s an adult, the future classmates of that future child will know and that poor kid will eventually find out too. Some things never change. And small towns never change either.
No, I dont believe that. You must live in a different world than I do.

Really? Even in big cities gossip goes around. If it’s not in your neighborhood, it’s at work, school, church, clubs, sports teams, etc.

In a town like that? People are talking and talking and talking. Maybe not being mean to her, maybe not looking at her weird, but they are talking. And these things are never forgotten. I live in a bigger town and some times people come to me and say stuff like “when he/she was young she did XYZ”. Nobody forgets the woman that killed her son, she has a normal life, people are civil with her, but everybody knows she did it and sometimes still comment about it.

If this girl stays in that town, and eventually has another child when she’s an adult, the future classmates of that future child will know and that poor kid will eventually find out too. Some things never change. And small towns never change either.
I live in a small town and I 100% agree

Village of Albany, Green County, Wisconsin | Official Website of the Village of Albany

https://www.niche.com/k12/albany-high-school-albany-wi/

“Albany High School is a public school located in Albany, WI. It has 96 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1.”

Very small high school.

Athletics Announcements & Streaming Information

What if there was no common denominator- such as school, sports or church.
If there was nothing to tie either family to the community. Employer in neighboring town/county. Does not socialize with neighbors.
JMO

Last edited:

I agree. Small towns never forget and the story will get more salacious and twisted as the years go by. There will always be gossip and not-so-subtle accusations.

No, I dont believe that. You must live in a different world than I do.

Count yourself lucky if you haven't noticed the way small town gossip is a thing, everyone up in each other's business all the time. It's one of the main reasons I don't think I could do small town life ever again. It being 2021 doesn't change it IME.

I just checked on the little town of Albany, and the 2010 census put the population at 1,018 -- within 2 hours of Milwaukee and Chicago. That seems to long a distance for Albany residents to commute for jobs, JMO.

I'm just curious about the families of the two kids as well as the other citizens of the area. Are the residents and parents mostly educated and professional? Commuters? Are they hard-working blue collar folks? Mostly retired couples?
I'm not trying to be snotty, but I do wonder what the "temperature" of that small town will be towards the kids and their parents. This could be devastating for the young teenage girl, or the town could come together and make her feel okay. She's just so young, and she's been through -- and is still undergoing -- something that could be very damaging for the rest of her life.
Does anyone know? Small towns can be amazingly supportive to "one of their own," and they can also be harsh and critical.

I'm from there. There are factories most work at within 30 mins.

If she had a "name" shed been supported 100%. If she didn't it would be devastating for her. I don't know her....my current albany contacts do not either. I am 100% convinced it was hidden....kids doing remote. Wisconsin has open enrollment for school.

The video photo was in area of apartments.

Seems like the commenters feel the same as posters here - Logan should be tried as an adult.

I think he will be. It was too premeditated and cold blooded. No one that knew should/was involved should be absolved of any guilt. If you are old enough to consent(no, not legally, i know) have sex, you can be treated like an adult.

IMO Sex-ed begins at home - along with teaching our children healthy life choices. I didn't rely on the gov't to teach my children right from wrong or why teen sex is risky. I told them myself. I have no idea what sex-ed these two teens had, so it's a moot point to me.

Amen!

Said by a mother called by her daughters Principal Sister Mary Clairol head of all girls private Catholic High School that said daughter would not duct tape her mouth in an X for anti abortion day to represent unborn children without a voice.

Up to school I went, and in front of this Nun my DD said a percentage of them sheeple already had abortions, and still taped their mouths. Mom, you taught me the seriousness, consequences and importance if I engage in sex and I can always come to you.

Not advocating abortion, and in this case a 14 year old dealing with a dad? Giving birth in a tub? It is overwhelming. However, shooting an infant? Your own DNA. This kid is bent.

Amen!

Said by a mother called by her daughters Principal Sister Mary Clairol head of all girls private Catholic High School that said daughter would not duct tape her mouth in an X for anti abortion day to represent unborn children without a voice.

Up to school I went, and in front of this Nun my DD said a percentage of them sheeple already had abortions, and still taped their mouths. Mom, you taught me the seriousness, consequences and importance if I engage in sex and I can always come to you.

Not advocating abortion, and in this case a 14 year old dealing with a dad? Giving birth in a tub? It is overwhelming. However, shooting an infant? Your own DNA. This kid is bent.
Cool kid you got there. I love how kids are way more vocal and care way more about important issues these days. They have so much passion about it too.

And yeah, sexual education has to start at home. I think it’s important to be open with our kids and be able to recognize when they’re ready to talk about it.

Cool kid you got there. I love how kids are way more vocal and care way more about important issues these days. They have so much passion about it too.

And yeah, sexual education has to start at home. I think it’s important to be open with our kids and be able to recognize when they’re ready to talk about it.

I couldn't agree more. I just said to my hubby how grateful I am that I know that our kids can and do come to us no matter the topic. Sometimes as their parent it uncomfortable to hear certain things, but the fact that they are comfortable enough talking to us is a gift. And because our kids know that nothing is off limits with us, they have had their friends come to us when they were afraid togo to their own parents. I wish every child had someone in their lives they knew for 100% certainty they could go to when life gets scary. Jmo

Thank you. She is an adult now, and volunteers at workshops like PCCY. Public citizens for children and youth. They teach girls from 13 up about contraception. The anatomy of female reproductive systems, and long acting reversible contraception.

It doesn't stop there. She also volunteers at other organizations that teach girls about sexually transmitted diseases. One being HPV which is out of control, and as we know can eventually kill you. Then of course the physical, mental, and emotional side of having sex. How not to get caught up in somebody male or female partner pushing the sex, and then these girls left devastated confusing sex with love.

Thanks again Lusitana. I know she is remarkable, but I seldom consider that my input as mom had a hand in it.

Hope I didn't derail, but all teens not just girls should be afforded these programs. I so wish this 14 year old could have at least had someone to talk to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back