WI WI - Rose Bly, 21, St. Croix Falls, 21 Aug 2009

One would have bounce between both SW, and RB cases watch each and every interview,and listen very closely to what has been said. MOO

If you are willing to analyse and point it out, be my guest. I'm not getting into the SW case...no thank you. And at this point I don't see an immediate connection, beside this families have a lot of problems.

If you are willing to analyse and point it out, be my guest. I'm not getting into the SW case...no thank you. And at this point I don't see an immediate connection, beside this families have a lot of problems.
Ok. If I may. When asked about RB in the interview CW,and DW did with Anslee Daniels together DW told CW watch it. In an approved Interview DW did With TIR he mentioned sitting on his dad's lap at a very tender age and driving his Semi for miles,upon miles,upon miles. It's little things like that cause one to ask questions. MOO

Ok. If I may. When asked about RB in the interview CW,and DW did with Anslee Daniels together DW told CW watch it. In an approved Interview DW did With TIR he mentioned sitting on his dad's lap at a very tender age and driving his Semi for miles,upon miles,upon miles. It's little things like that cause one to ask questions. MOO

Are you suggesting that DW had some involvement with RB's disappearance?

A woman missing; a mother waiting

According to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office, on that evening Bly reportedly told her husband, Christopher Larson, that she was going to meet a cousin at a tavern in nearby Cushing, about five miles from their home.

Bly never arrived and was never heard from again. Her cousin said Bly had not made plans to meet up with her and she never saw her that night.

<modsnip-10% copyright rule>

The FBI agents conducted a conference call with the sheriff and his investigators and were complimentary of the effort the department put into the case, Moore said. Still, they were unable to uncover anything new, or offer any solid advice.

“They had no strong suggestions on anything,” Moore said. “It reaffirms what I think I know.”

Even so, Meyer has been critical of the sheriff’s department’s investigation. She suspects that Bly’s husband was somehow involved, based on the fact that the couple had squabbled and had their share of disagreements.

“If I had to pick a prime suspect, definitely (it was Larson),” Meyer said.

Larson has since legally divorced Bly and obtained custody of the couple’s two children.
Though the sheriff acknowledges such tests are far from perfect, Larson passed a polygraph test and has been ruled out as a suspect, Moore said.

“He has seemed to be up front [during the investigation],” Moore said. “We’ve not accused him of anything and we think he’s been honest with us.”

Anyone with information as to Bly’s whereabouts is asked to call the Polk County Sheriff’s Office at (715) 483-8300 and speak with investigators Lisa Ditlefsen and Pete Johnson."

- a point here is if you are doing searches, look under Larson too. There are two court cases, one a divorce (in absentia for her) and a paternity test for one of the two kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Polygraphs are meaningless. They're pseudo-science. No one can "pass" or "fail" a polygraph. A polygraph is a tool that LE uses in order to manipulate a suspect. If they want to put a suspect at ease to get him to loosen up, they'll tell him that he "passed." If they want to put pressure on a suspect to try to get him to crack, then they'll tell him that he "failed." There is no scientific validity to polygraph tests.

Now, that doesn't mean that Larson harmed Rose Bly, but polygraph tests tell us nothing one way or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Polygraphs are meaningless. They're pseudo-science. No one can "pass" or "fail" a polygraph. A polygraph is a tool that LE uses in order to manipulate a suspect. If they want to put a suspect at ease to get him to loosen up, they'll tell him that he "passed." If they want to put pressure on a suspect to try to get him to crack, then they'll tell him that he "failed." There is no scientific validity to polygraph tests.

Now, that doesn't mean that Larson harmed Rose Bly, but polygraph tests tell us nothing one way or the other.

I'm well aware of how a polygraph is utilized. The pre- and post-polygraph interviews are the whole point of a polygraph.

DW had nothing to do with Rose's case. He never even met Rose. Was never in Wisconsin, and was living in Arkansas doing drywall when Rose went missing.
Do you and your friends think the Rose Bly case ties to the Theresa Still's case? Or do you have other views? While you know your friend, Rose's husband, I must say I ruled him out when I read he bothered to get a divorce and legal custody of the children.

You view and mine of polygraph tests are exactly the same.
However, I believe Larson is completely out of the frame as a suspect. Had he known Rose could never come back, why spend the time and money to get a divorce and custody of the children? My take on it is that he really didn't like her, did not want her back, and didn't want their lives torn apart if she chose to return. To me, his actions read more like those of a man who believes his wife left him for another man and would likely turn up again.

ADMIN REMINDER:

Members may not state information as fact without links, or post "inside information" unless they are a Verified Case Insider.

If you feel you qualify as a case insider, please consider applying to become a Verified. It is a very quick and simple process that takes about 1 to 2 days maximum. You just have to prove to us who you are and how you knew the victim. Your identity will always be confidential.

An explanation of the VI process and how to apply is found here.

I'm a family law attorney (or was, no longer practice). In my experience, there are many things you cannot do (not the least of which is remarrying) if you are not legally divorced. The custody issue probably goes along with.

I mostly just brought up her ex, Larson, so people could use that last name in any searches they might do for Rose.

Where Are They Podcast just released an episode about Rose's disappearance.
St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin: Rose left her home on August 21, 2009, supposedly meeting her cousin at a bar in a neighboring town. She told her husband she would be home before midnight. But Rose never made it back home.

On August 26, 2009, her abandoned car was found in Grantsburg, Wisconsin, about 30 minutes from her home in St. Croix Falls.

There was no sign of Rose anywhere.

Where is Rose Marie Bly?

Most recent update I could find 9/24/2022, still missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member