Found Deceased WI - Sean Baek, 18, UW-Milwaukee student, 14 Feb 2020 *insulin dependent*

FEB 17, 2020
Police search continues for missing UWM student Sean Baek, last seen Friday
[...]

Police say one of the students Baek was with had a bad reaction to the LSD, prompting a call to university police.

LeMire said Baek, who is from McFarland in Dane County, sent a text to his dad at 1:20 a.m., just before he ran out of the building, saying, "I love you guys, I am so sorry."

LeMire also said Baek's phone last pinged in the area near the residence hall, less than five minutes after he was last seen. There have been no signals from it since, which LeMire said could mean it is off, destroyed or submerged in water.

[...]

One more...

FEB 17, 2020
Police: Missing UWM student was using LSD prior to disappearance
[...]

Police say the student who took LSD with Baek reacted badly before Baek ran out of the building. Police say they did not want Baek to be fearful of them.

"Maybe he was afraid. I think there was information that the police was coming because of the person we have called medical attention on, so the police was gonna arrive, so maybe he was fearful. But obviously he was under the influence, also -- but he's also telling family 'I'm sorry', so we have to consider all sides of that and when we're doing our search, we consider all that possibility," said UWM Police Chief Joseph Lemire.

[...]

This is so sad. :(

We were all young once and didn't make the best choices surely doesn't make you a bad person. I think the acid frightened him terribly after his friend freaked out. Just so so sorry he took off in that state in the damn dark. ...in unfamiliar place .JMO

FEB 18, 2020
Sean Baek, Missing UWM Student: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com
[...]
baek_hat.jpg

Police Handout A picture of the hat that Sean Baek was wearing when he vanished.

[...]

[Sean's Mother] said on Facebook that a psychic had told her that her son was abducted in Chicago. The post read, “Please share this with any friends in Chicago. There is strong reason to believe Sean is in an elite late model silver van. Very high end with few windows. On the north side of Chicago near Lakeshore Drive. He is been restrained and time is of the essence.

Man driving is a Caucasian or someone with olive skin. He is VERY strong. Ex-military or ex-football player. Wearing a leather bomber-style jacket and something red on top – like a bandana or a scarf around his neck.

[...]

Baek’s friend, MM, told Fox Milwaukee, “What his roommate told me, who was the third person with the group who was sober, was that he looked visibly scared that his friend had been harmed, or that there would be any kind of legal trouble… Everyone here, we’re doing everything we can to find you, and you’re not going to be in any trouble. We just want you back.” MM grew up in the town of McFarland, Wisconsin, with Baek, which is located 80 miles west of Milwaukee.

[...]

CBS Milwaukee reports that Baek’s family confirmed to the station that they had hired a psychic to help in the search. ...

If the friend with him had a bad reaction to the LSD, I wonder if the drug was tainted and perhaps he also had a medical issue after he ran away?
Given the fact that he’s diabetic that makes a lot of sense. I have some friends who are T1D and were fairly heavy drug users in high school. Some of the stuff they did like acid and molly really sent their blood sugar out of whack in addition to being hallucinogenic, which now makes me even more concerned... ugh.

FEB 18, 2020
Mother of missing UW-Milwaukee student believes son 'is out there somewhere'

sean+baek+and+mother.png

[...]

KE [Sean's Mother] told NBC15 News that she’s lost a handful of family members over the last few years, but she believes her son is out there somewhere.

[...]

... She told us about the last time she and her husband heard from her son in a text message.

"Mike just got this message and he got to me in bed and he said 'I'm really worried, listen to this, 'I love you so much, I'm so sorry,'" KE said.

"He's really important to a lot of people, he was a lot of peoples' person to pull them out of their bad mood," Baek's friend, Greta Corcoran said.

[...]

"There are a lot of people hurting right now," KK said. "We really miss him and we need him back."

[...]

... He is a Type 1 diabetic and wears an insulin pump, which needs to be refilled every couple of days.

FEB 18, 2020
Friends still searching for answers in Sean Baek's disappearance
[...]

Given Baek's medical condition, Koppenhaver said each day his situation could be more and more dangerous. He's likely going without insulin.

"If he is scared or doesn't have any money or can't go anywhere to get it and he's feeling really horrible. that really scares me," she said.

[...]

If he's gone without insulin for a long time, Baek's friends say he may not look and act like himself. They say he's likely sickly and lethargic.

FEB 17, 2020
Police search continues for missing UWM student Sean Baek, last seen Friday
[...]

Police say one of the students Baek was with had a bad reaction to the LSD, prompting a call to university police.

LeMire said Baek, who is from McFarland in Dane County, sent a text to his dad at 1:20 a.m., just before he ran out of the building, saying, "I love you guys, I am so sorry."

LeMire also said Baek's phone last pinged in the area near the residence hall, less than five minutes after he was last seen. There have been no signals from it since, which LeMire said could mean it is off, destroyed or submerged in water.

[...]
The river is right behind the building he lived in and you can access the water from the grassy area just prior to the bridge. This is not looking good at all. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

[Sean's Mother] said on Facebook that a psychic had told her that her son was abducted in Chicago. The post read, “Please share this with any friends in Chicago. There is strong reason to believe Sean is in an elite late model silver van. Very high end with few windows. On the north side of Chicago near Lakeshore Drive. He is been restrained and time is of the essence.

Man driving is a Caucasian or someone with olive skin. He is VERY strong. Ex-military or ex-football player. Wearing a leather bomber-style jacket and something red on top – like a bandana or a scarf around his neck.

I know she is desperate to find him, but that is exactly what psychics prey on. I feel sorry for any muscular dude in a silver van in Chicago.

If the friend with him had a bad reaction to the LSD, I wonder if the drug was tainted and perhaps he also had a medical issue after he ran away?
Possible, though bad reactions tend to be due to dose or someone just not enjoying the effects. LSD makes you sweat and raises heart rate so that could have been a problem on its own. I've been around a few people having bad trips and if you're also under the influence, their behavior can seem a million times more insane and serious. I fear he thought he had just screwed up college for himself and his friend and fled.

Given the fact that he’s diabetic that makes a lot of sense. I have some friends who are T1D and were fairly heavy drug users in high school. Some of the stuff they did like acid and molly really sent their blood sugar out of whack in addition to being hallucinogenic, which now makes me even more concerned... ugh.
I haven't found any research that shows LSD has a direct effect on blood sugar but it would have certainly disoriented him and he may have discarded his pump. By now the effects have long since worn off - my guess is the LSD was a precipitating factor, but he is either hiding out and afraid to contact anyone or he has fallen vicim to misadventure. His last text and the river proximity are super concerning.

McFarland man missing from UW-Milwaukee

In a Facebook post, his mother, Kristin Erickson, claims Baek has been abducted by a strong, ex-military man or ex-football player with Caucasian or olive skin. The man is wearing a leather bomber jacket with a red bandana or scarf.

Erickson believes her son was abducted near Brady Street in Milwaukee, at 1:40 a.m. that Friday and driven to Chicago.

“It is important for the public and our campus community to understand that as of right now, the police have received no information from any witnesses to this effect,” the UW-Milwaukee police said in the statement about the social media post.

Baek’s friend, MM, also of McFarland, posted on Facebook the information about his abduction came from a psychic.

I remember years ago when 3 young women went missing in Cleveland (the Ariel Castro kidnappings) where I lived at the time. After a period of time the mother of one of them, Amanda Berry contacted a very famous psychic, who told her that her daughter was" in heaven and on the other side" and that her last words were "goodbye, mom, I love you". Amanda was found alive years later after being held hostage for 10 years. "Psychics" unfortunately prey on the family of the missing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back