Wi - Selah Kaden, 13, Suspicious Death, Mineral Point, 31 May 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Whiskers16, Jun 9, 2018.

1. castilloisno1

castilloisno1 Well-Known Member

Where does it say that she was swimming?????

2. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Nowhere, just a guess. Someone up-thread suggested an untreated medical condition, and I read about this situation in the past.

Apparently, little more is available about this young lady.

RIP, and comfort to your family.

Jim_M and castilloisno1 like this.
  3. castilloisno1

I ended up using Google for almost an hour last night and still nothing. How can the news ignore this?? I did find all the stuff that people hinted at earlier in the thread,but nothing new.

Jim_M, Whiskers16 and human like this.
  4. Tinselfoil

Tinselfoil Former Member

Suspicious indeed.

Laughing and Jim_M like this.
  5. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

This is so strange. Why no updates? Nothing.

Looking through the realty notices for the 1049 Miller road property in question, on the listed details it says "No" under Pool.

human, Sconnie, castilloisno1 and 2 others like this.
  6. castilloisno1

And why does almost every MSM article state: There are no indications that the death involves child sex trafficking and there is not a threat to the public, according to the release. ????

Laughing and Jim_M like this.
  7. ZoriahNZ

It seems to be what gets thrown in as the assumed culprit more often than not when a young woman goes missing or ends up dead under suspicious circumstances. I see it frequently when reading speculation on murder/abduction cases elsewhere. That's not to say that human trafficking isn't a huge problem, it just seems to currently be a popular theory that people jump to, no matter the facts or context of each individual case. It reminds me of the 'Satanic Panic' ritual abuse paranoia that was prevalent in the 80s. JMO, of course.

With LE saying they believe there is no threat to the public, it would seem to indicate they know the incident is an isolated one. Perhaps they have enough info to know who is involved, but need to investigate further whether there was any criminal misconduct surrounding the death.

Jim_M, human, Laughing and 2 others like this.
  8. Laughing

Up thread, a poster indicated that this young lady is an adoptee who was not living with her legal parents.

Is this her birth family? (Savannah Leckie, anyone?) Family of a close friend?

Are there other juveniles in the household? If another juvenile is involved, LE may be very, very tight-lipped.

But, if this was clearly an accident -- why don't we know that?

Curiouser & curiouser....

Jackeee, human, castilloisno1 and 3 others like this.
  9. castilloisno1

Sheriff's office investigates 'suspicious' death of 13-year-old girl in Mineral Point
    DA finds 'insufficient' evidence to charge Madison teacher accused of sexually assaulting student
    (I don't understand why this sentence is in this MSM!!)
    MINERAL POINT, Wis. - The Iowa County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a 13-year-old girl, according to a news release.

Officials said in the release that the child's death is considered suspicious. She was found in the Town of Mineral Point, according to a news release from the Iowa County Sheriff's Office. The press release lists 1049 Miller Rd. as the address.

human, SuziQ, FlossyMay and 1 other person like this.
  10. Laughing

Well, castilloisno1, unless someone is suggesting/letting us know that the deceased child was the victim, couldn't live with herself when she wasn't believed....

wonder if the teacher mentioned is kin/friends with the already-mentioned adoptive parents???

castilloisno1 and SuziQ like this.
  11. ZoriahNZ

Perhaps that line was from a different article and accidentally got included? I copy and pasted it, and got quite a few links to a case which coincidentally was reported on June 5th/6th:

Dane Co. DA: Not enough evidence to charge Madison teacher accused in sex assault case

DA finds 'insufficient' evidence to charge Madison teacher accused of sexually assaulting student

No charges for elementary school teacher accused of sex assault

Just to be clear, the claimant in this sex assault case is a boy, who is currently in a different state. I think it's unrelated and an editing error by Fox47.

flute4peace, Jim_M, human and 2 others like this.
  12. castilloisno1

Thank you..it really had me confused.

Jim_M likes this.
  13. Sd8503

Sd8503 Well-Known Member

I cant remember where this came from since its been a while but I seen somewhere that the only reason why they even reported this to the public was because people were goin crazy online talking about it and saying child sex trafficking. I never could even find anyone online even really talking about it at all and I definitely never seen anyone mention sex trafficking so I dont know where that came from either. It truly is a mystery to me. I have searched and searched this case. Finding the names of other family members is easy but cant even find an obituary for this young girl. Very strange.

Laughing, Suglo, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  14. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

It bothers me that she doesn't have a name.

15. castilloisno1

So is this hush hush because she committed suicide?? I don't understand why there is no information on her. I do know though that in my area,they do not publish names when it is a suicide is a cause of death.

Laughing, Suglo and FlossyMay like this.
  16. Laughing

Bumping for you, mysterious young lady, RIP.

Sd8503, MsMarple, LietKynes and 2 others like this.
  17. Sd8503

Sd8503 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think we will ever know.

Laughing, Jim_M and always reading like this.
  18. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

SuziQ, Sd8503, Laughing and 4 others like this.
  19. castilloisno1

Who in the world was living on that property? This stinks like a cover-up! They never released the girl's name. Nothing mentioned on national news...this poor child!

Jim_M likes this.
  20. tnith

tnith Well-Known Member

"Michek declined to identify what level of suspected crime took place in connection to the teenager’s death. Michek tells 27 News investigative reports have been forwarded to Iowa County District Attorney Larry Nelson."

This kid had complicated circumstances, and before jumping the gun we ought consider that detectives have unraveled a facade as they set off to do.
    The first sentence leads me to consider that this might be any sort of illicit behaviour, not necessarily deadly.
    We might observe arrests for utterly obscure charges and watch LE apply pressure for a good deal of time to come.
    I'd expect the DA to remain silent for the duration of that time given child's age and status.

This does remind me of another case that was coming together around the time this one began.

Laughing, Jim_M and MsMarple like this.