Found Deceased WI - Shalim Augustine, 23, LaCrosse, 8 July 2014

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by OkieGranny, Jul 11, 2014.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

[​IMG]

http://www.wxow.com/story/25989108/2014/07/10/la-crosse-police-investigate-missing-person-case

2. Loading...

3. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

4. Lucyinlax

Lucyinlax New Member

I am still concerned about this case. I knew Shalim well. I do not believe that he just walked into the water on his own and drowned. There are too many things that don't add up.
    1.) Shalim was afraid of the water.
    2.) His car was parked at his work (why not sleep it off?)
    3.) Why not call for a ride like he had done so many times before?
    4.) Who was driving the boat, and who were the other passengers? Could he have fallen off the boat?
    5.) Most important...Why would his body float 1 plus miles upstream from where his scent was lost near the water??

I know that Shalim's scent was picked up near KT where he had picked up some cigarettes, but, could that have been the meeting place to get on the boat? It is a place to get on the water?

If anyone has answers or would like to comment, please do.

5. necco

necco New Member

At the risk of being indelicate, I wonder what the status of his zipper was. Could he have fallen in while partaking of the time honored tradition of peeing au natural into a body of water after having a few? This is not, by any means, intended to mock or disrespect Shalim. Drunk 20-something men, at least the ones I knew at that age, tend to go when and where they have to go, so to speak. It's almost a rite of passage.

6. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member