WI WI - Shannah Boiteau, 23, Chippewa Falls, 21 June 2016

Makes sense! She's from Chippewa Falls. Whomever started this one must've used used that location for that reason.

I thought most of the time, the title said where they went missing, not where the person was from? I could definitely be wrong!

I thought most of the time, the title said where they went missing, not where the person was from? I could definitely be wrong!
The title is created with post 1. In this case post 1 says:
"The Chippewa Falls Police Department is attempting to locate Shannah M. Boiteau in conjunction with the St. Cloud (Minn.) Police Department."

From that you could infer that Chippewa Falls is leading with help from St Cloud. Or that they're responsible 50/50 and you just pick one for the title. JMO.

[h=1]Police: Still searching for missing Wisconsin woman 1 year later[/h]
One year ago, on June 22, 2016, Shannah Boiteau was seen in the area of Interstate 94 and Stearns County Road 74 near St. Cloud, after running from a vehicle being driven by her boyfriend.

That was the last time anyone has reported seeing her.
On the anniversary of the 23-year old Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin woman's disappearance, the St. Cloud Police Department is asking the community to alert them to any new information regarding Boiteau, saying that they "are still working an active investigation" into her disappearance.

According to the Police Department, authorities are actively working with Boiteau's family and the Chippewa Falls Police Department to follow up on any leads as to her whereabouts.
http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...ssing-wisconsin-woman-1-year-later/421565001/

Thank you for the semi clarification! :) Dreampeddler, any updates?

My co-host and I should have our first podcast episode out on this within the next few weeks. Have spoken with several of her family and friends, trying to connect with her boyfriend. Lots of work happening but no solid answers or leads I'd want to share here. I have discovered that some police departments are much easier to work with than others!

My co-host and I should have our first podcast episode out on this within the next few weeks. Have spoken with several of her family and friends, trying to connect with her boyfriend. Lots of work happening but no solid answers or leads I'd want to share here. I have discovered that some police departments are much easier to work with than others!

Looking forward to hearing the podcast! I'm hoping you've come across more nice/helpful departments than rude ones.

Looking forward to hearing the podcast! I'm hoping you've come across more nice/helpful departments than rude ones.

New search: http://chippewa.com/news/local/new-...cle_fc608771-c4cc-58b5-96fa-e8c75178d2ab.html

A search is scheduled for Saturday near St. Cloud, Minn. to find a Chippewa Falls woman missing since June 22, 2016.

The search was announced on a Facebook page operated by Shannah Boiteau's family. “We will be searching (from 9 a.m.) until sundown, with the last group being sent out around 5,” the posting said. The search will start from 24086 Minnesota State Highway 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The below article provides some very detail information about her disappearance and here troubled life before that, according to what I read, my opinion is that you cannot run bare foot in the wildness in wildness very far before your feet being cut into ribbons, she may not feel this at first because of being distress or may be on drug, then pain would come back, she would hardly be mobile, if she has run deep into the wood at that time, it was probably, she laid there somewhere in the woods, and died from exposure to the elements

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...wisconsin-mother-shannah-boiteau-safe-n625606

But, bf said she didn't have shoes and did not mention anything about a sweatshirt. Pants sort of match though.

Shannah Boiteau was last seen on June 22, 2016 near St. Cloud, Minnesota. The 23-year-old, originally from Chippewa Falls, Minnesota, was driving with her boyfriend along Highway 94 when he says she suddenly fled the car. She was barefoot and without her purse when she vanished into the thick woods that run parallel to the highway. Authorities reportedly witnessed her looking distressed as she made her way into the trees. What happened next is unknown. She’s the mother of a young girl, who is now in the custody of Shannah’s father and stepmother.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

No new updates but this case is not forgotten. It's important to know that there were many inaccuracies in the NBC article that came out. Shannah was not seen running away from the vehicle by law enforcement. This was confirmed to me by her family. But of course that's out there and becomes part of the narrative. The boyfriend had two police reports filed against him in the few months leading up to her disappearance; both for domestic violence. He participated in none of the searches, and I was told the day after his disappearance, he changed his Facebook status to "single."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back