WI WI - Timothy Mumbrue, 35, & Tanna Togstad, 23, Weyauwega, 21 March 1992

Glendon Carl Gouker said he waited in the truck while his previous employer and another unidentified person (whose DNA was found on one of the victims) went inside and committed the murders and rape. It will be interesting to see if those search warrants were done in Texas, South Carolina or Oklahoma; or, yet again, in Amherst, Wisconsin.

Whichever one, if Gouker's DNA was found inside the farmhouse, that means he lied about waiting outside. (a cold-blooded serial rapist and serial killer missing an opportunity to rape and kill by waiting outside?) His deal for not getting the death penalty in the Oklahoma murder should be rescinded and he should be put to death.

DNA testing led to a breakthrough in the rape case. Testing also linked Gouker to the Togstad-Mumbrue slayings, but authorities haven’t disclosed the extent of that connection.

“He’s definitely involved in the case — there’s no question about that,” Hardel said.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/local/2015/08/24/decision-looming-charges-slayings/32265309/

I'm amazed that the Appleton Post-Crescent was the only news outlet to carry this story.

I'll just leave this here: http://www.bbar10.com/

I wonder if the B Bar 10 going out of business is related to the below "looming decision"? It's obvious there has been a confession by one person who has implicated two other people.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/local/2015/08/24/decision-looming-charges-slayings/32265309/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Authorities have a prime suspect and a crime scene with ample evidence in the vicious 1992 slayings of Tanna Togstad and Timothy Mumbrue at a rural Weyauwega farmhouse, but charges have yet to be filed.

That could change in the near future, said Waupaca County Sheriff Brad Hardel, who said there has been a renewed focus on the 23-year-old double homicide. In addition to ongoing scientific testing, detectives have executed a “couple of” search warrants in recent weeks in an attempt to close in on suspects in the case, Hardel said.

The sheriff said he is hopeful that the investigation will result in criminal charges to prevent the case from going cold and becoming inactive.

“We have to exhaust everything before we can say we’re done,” Hardel told Post-Crescent Media. “It’s coming to a point where a decision has to be made (on filing charges).”

Personally, I don't think this case is going to advance to the prosecution stage. The 24th anniversary of this murder is coming up next month.

A Prague woman convicted of kidnapping in a 2010 Prague case has been released several years early (2017) from the Department of Corrections but remains on DOC probation.

A Prague woman convicted of kidnapping in a 2010 Prague case has been released several years early from the Department of Corrections but remains on DOC probation.

Michele Elisabeth Gouker, 36, was initially sentenced to serve 20 years for kidnapping and unlawful possession of a controlled drug. After serving about a year in the county jail, for which she received credit, she began serving her sentence with DOC five years ago on Oct. 5, 2012.

Kidnapping defendant gets early release from prison

Glendon Gouker remains in prison for life in Oklahoma. His previous employer, Laine R. Shields, aka Lloyd R. Repinski, Jr., 76, who Gouker said accompanied him to the Togstad residence the night she and Mumbrue were murdered and who had two search warrants served at his business, B Bar 10, currently lives in Ruidoso, NM. Shields, at the time of the search warrants, did an interview with a local news station and stated that LE was searching for evidence of five murders, including that of his sister-in-law, Bonnie Marie Repinski. Togstad had reportedly bounced a check at B Bar 10 sometime before the murders.

WI - WI - Bonnie Marie Repinski, 33, Menasha, August 12, 1975

The 29th anniversary of the Togstad/Mumbrue unsolved murder passed last month, and, in my opinion, will never be solved by the Waupaca County Sheriff's Department, even though they have DNA, a confession and evidence from the scene of the murders. Shields' brother, who was Bonnie's husband at the time of her disappearance, runs a bar in Sheboygan, WI.

Anyone with information about the March 1992 murders of Timothy Mumbrue and Tanna Togstad of rural Weyauwega or the January 1978 murder of Marcella Carpenter of Clintonville is asked to call the Waupaca County Sheriff's Department at 715-258-4466.

Togstad house photo

Attachments

• togstadhouse.jpg
    togstadhouse.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Correct. He was only trying to implicate Laine Shields to potentially avoid the death penalty for his murder charge.

Couker's DNA wasn't there.
Hmmm, that's odd.

"The killer, or killers, of this couple left evidence behind when they entered Togstad’s home and savagely murdered the victims,” Waupaca County Sheriff Brad Hardel said in the release. “We’re now looking to the community for tips to help us identify a match to the DNA left at the crime scene. With advances in DNA technology, we hope to bring justice to the families of these two young people.

The news release didn’t explicitly say how Gouker first surfaced as a suspect in the 1990 rape case while authorities investigated the double murder. But a September 2011 report from the State Crime Lab on re-submitted evidence indicated Gouker’s DNA matched evidence recovered in a rape kit from the 1990 crime scene, the release said."

Hmmm, that's odd.

"The killer, or killers, of this couple left evidence behind when they entered Togstad’s home and savagely murdered the victims,” Waupaca County Sheriff Brad Hardel said in the release. “We’re now looking to the community for tips to help us identify a match to the DNA left at the crime scene. With advances in DNA technology, we hope to bring justice to the families of these two young people.

The news release didn’t explicitly say how Gouker first surfaced as a suspect in the 1990 rape case while authorities investigated the double murder. But a September 2011 report from the State Crime Lab on re-submitted evidence indicated Gouker’s DNA matched evidence recovered in a rape kit from the 1990 crime scene, the release said."

Yes but that's a separate (and now known to be unrelated) case.

Could you elaborate how? I'm aware of the 1990 Iola rape, but the article says Goukers DNA from the Togstad/Mumbrue crime scene matched evidence from that rape.

Correct. He was only trying to implicate Laine Shields to potentially avoid the death penalty for his murder charge.
if that's the case, then they should reinstate the death penalty.
As the victim's mother stated in court about Gouker, “These godless, murderous, incestuous, child molesting serial kidnappers robbed Ethan of life. Gouker let him die in a lingering, painful, tearful way when he shoved him in a 55 gallon drum. These crimes have taught this family to hate [and] cost me hope. We don’t trust anymore,” she said.

This all is likely true, but let me say, l. Shields and his brother (Bonnie’s husband) have sketchy behavior and crimes going way back. If you read newspaper articles on them there’s assaults with chains and more. So I am shocked shields had nothing to do with it, and while this couple’s murder may be solved, Bonnie’s isn’t.

also I do a lot of research in the post crescent and I gotta give them props. *clap*

So I am shocked shields had nothing to do with it, and while this couple’s murder may be solved, Bonnie’s isn’t.
I am, too. Shields was the brother of Bonnie Repinskis husband and her disappearance was one of the reasons for the search of Shields property, along with being a suspect in several other unsolved murders. Gouker also said Shields paid him to rape the girl in Iola. Could he also have paid him to rape Togstad? Togstad did bounce a check at Shields business sometime before the murders. Gouker also said Shields accompanied him to the Togstad farmhouse and that he (Gouker) said he waited outside in the pickup truck while Shields went inside, yet DNA evidence showed that Gouker himself went inside.

The Waupaca County Sheriff said DNA linked Gouker to the Togstad/Mumbrue murders. Now all of a sudden he's not linked? Did Gouker lie? Did the sheriff lie? Did the reporters lie?

Sure, I understand DNA linked Haase to the Togstad/Mumbrue, but that doesn't unlink Goukers DNA. Haase doesn't even remember what happened. Or acts like he doesn't remember. Maybe he didn't remember being at the murder scene with Gouker. Or Shields for that matter. He says he killed Togstad, Mumbrue and their dog because his father was killed in a snowmobile race in 1977 involving Togstads father? Really? I guess that sounds better than going there with Gouker to rape Togstad. After all, his bodily fluids were found on Togstads stomach. Or were they Goukers bodily fluids?

gouker.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and why would Shields bail his employee, Glendon Gouker, out for the 1990 Iola rape?

shieldsgouker.jpg

I’m waiting to hear more details on why authorities saved a pen used by Haase in a recent traffic stop, and that’s how they matched his DNA to the crime scene.

Last edited:
I think @Quoththeraven has the right of it. either Repinski/shields and gouker may well be involved, but as long as they have dna evidence and a confession from haase, the police have no reason to look further. I’m thinking maybe one day they find Bonnie’s remains, possibly they could use LiDAR on the part of the road in question. and/or around the house. It’s not too late for justice for Bonnie. Also People in Steven’s point know the repinskis well and know a lot more than they are saying. Being all ”minding my own business” about it. people Are raped and dead. It’s past time for people to speak up, even if it’s rumor.

I think @Quoththeraven has the right of it. either Repinski/shields and gouker may well be involved, but as long as they have dna evidence and a confession from haase, the police have no reason to look further. I’m thinking maybe one day they find Bonnie’s remains, possibly they could use LiDAR on the part of the road in question. and/or around the house. It’s not too late for justice for Bonnie. Also People in Steven’s point know the repinskis well and know a lot more than they are saying. Being all ”minding my own business” about it. people Are raped and dead. It’s past time for people to speak up, even if it’s rumor.
Bonnie allegedly disappeared a block from my former home!

I don't believe her husband's story. (Bonnie was staying with a relative who lived down the road, so it was a convenient excuse for her husband. ) Husband said they got in a fight and she got out of the car at the exit, so she could walk to where she was staying.

Bonnie allegedly disappeared a block from my former home!

I don't believe her husband's story. (Bonnie was staying with a relative who lived down the road, so it was a convenient excuse for her husband. ) Husband said they got in a fight and she got out of the car at the exit, so she could walk to where she was staying.
Interestingly, when Shields did interviews for the news outlets in 2013 after two searches of his property in relation to five unsolved murders, he made a big point of being wrongly accused of the Togstad/Mumbrue murders and the two 1992 unsolved murders in the Tomahawk area and the subsequent search of his land in Tomahawk (Lincoln County) that he hadn't bought until 1993, but nary a peep about his innocence in the disappearance of his sister-in-law, Bonnie Repinski.

Regarding the search of his property for two bodies wrapped in blue tarp in Lincoln County, I see he had it for sale in 2011, according to his newspaper ad. The ad says Portage and Lincoln County. Was the hunting land he owned in Portage County also searched? I don't believe I read that anywhere. Portage and Lincoln County are divided by Marathon County, so they're not connected. Plat maps from 1993 to at least 2011 would show exactly where his Portage County hunting land was located.

huntingland.jpg

I’m waiting to hear more details on why authorities saved a pen used by Haase in a recent traffic stop, and that’s how they matched his DNA to the crime scene.

I presume DNA found on Togstad's stomach finally matched up to someone, or their relative, on a genealogy site.

dnatogstad.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong