WI - Tony Robinson, 19, fatally shot and killed by LE, Madison, 6 March 2015

I know this is a very dumb question but what is schrooms? I may have misspelled it. Sorry. I heard it mentioned by the DA today.

Does it make someone become extremely combative and violent?

IMO

Mushrooms. :laughing:No idea about effects. Need to research.

Katydid beat me to it with much better information.:blushing:

shrooms= mushrooms= PEYOTE

They are not usually considered a violent high. Often people get 'deep' into thought and emotions. But it is a hallucinogen and one never knows what can happen.

LOL! Ok now I know for sure I sound dumb but I don't know what PEYOTE means?

So it makes one hallucinate?

Is it something to do with mushrooms?

Sorry Katy. I really don't know anything about illegal drugs or prescription drugs for that matter.

shrooms= mushrooms= PEYOTE

They are not usually considered a violent high. Often people get 'deep' into thought and emotions. But it is a hallucinogen and one never knows what can happen.

I did a little more research. Peyote is from a cactus. Here's some info on mushrooms from the website "Above the Influence":

"Mushrooms work by disrupting how your nerve cells and the neurotransmitter serotonin interact throughout the brain and spinal cord. By changing the normal functioning of serotonin in the brain, mushrooms distort the way you process information and can make you hallucinate.1
When you hallucinate, it becomes difficult to tell the difference between fantasy and reality. You may see, feel and hear things that don’t exist. You can also have rapid and intense emotional mood swings.1 This shift in perception can be frightening. It can cause panic attacks and psychosis (a complete loss of contact with reality).2 In this state of mind, it’s easy for unexpected and dangerous – or even fatal – accidents to happen."

From TheGoodDrugsGuide.com

Positive Effects
mood enhancing, euphoric
laughing and giggling, general feeling of happiness
strong flow of creativity, which can be in various forms
insightful ideas and sense of creative energy
users experience a strong sense of wonder and awe
most users report feeling spiritually uplifted and impacted
some medical research indicates relief from cluster headaches
newer research shows possible treatment benefits for depression and ruminating thoughts

Neutral Effects
becoming more intensely aware of emotions and sensations
change in focus of attention such as seen in other psychoactive drugs
slows down perception of time, allowing some users to reduce anxiety and stress
visual and perceptual hallucinations
dilation of pupils
retrieval of memories
sensations of energetic experience (such as buzzing, humming) in the body
increased heart rate, although some may experience decrease in heart rate
high blood pressure, especially for those with hypertension
physical sensation of “stretchiness” of limbs

Negative Effects
headaches, often experienced as the effects of the drug wear off, even occurring the next day, and lasting up to 24 hours after taking mushrooms
intense fear, even paranoia
nausea, primarily experienced when mushrooms are eaten raw or in dried form
anxiety, which ranges from mild to extreme and may be caused by higher doses
some users report being dizzy or experiencing confusion with mushrooms
can exacerbate mental illness or push latent mental disorders into expression
attention disruption
serious interactions have been recognized when mixed with other drugs, especially alcohol
can cause problems for those with low blood pressure, who may experience lightheadedness and/or loss of consciousness

Well, IMO his ingestion of the mushrooms could certainly explain his behaviors both prior to the arrival of LE and during his interaction with the officer. Even if his mother isn't willing to accept his prior arrests as evidence for a propensity for violent behavior, surely she can see how his ingestion of the mushrooms and behaviors reported by friends and strangers led to the altercation with the officer and the ultimate use of deadly force.

I think he was on something "else". They will do a drug screen I am sure.

Anyone seen Crump/Parks in Madison? If not I suspect we will soon.

In the short term, adverse physical side effects can include nausea, sickness, stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhoea - after all you are eating a fungus! Psychologically there could be feelings of paranoia and being out of control if you take too much.

http://www.guide4living.com/drugabuse/magic-mushrooms-effects.htm

I did find this.

Didn't the DA also state tox screen showed pot, and a pain killer, I want to say Ativan? Not sure if I'm remembering the correct drug.

Didn't the DA also state tox screen showed pot, and a pain killer, I want to say Ativan? Not sure if I'm remembering the correct drug.

Toxicology reports confirmed that Robinson had taken hallucinogenic mushrooms, marijuana and Xanax before the shooting, the district attorney said, and 911 calls reported that he was acting "insane" and attacking people.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/12/us/tony-robinson-madison-killing-investigation/

BBM.

Video of Anderson Cooper's interview with TR's mother at link, also.

Anyone seen Crump/Parks in Madison? If not I suspect we will soon.

I think even they are steering clear of this situation. With the damning 911 calls, and reports of assaulting 2 people prior to the cops arriving, even defense attorneys see the indefensible, imo.

But, if he was taking one of those new designer drugs, would they even know how to test for it?

Tony Robinson Shooting: No Charges for Wisconsin Police Officer

Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne called the shooting of Robinson, 19, on March 6 by Officer Matt Kenny a "lawful use of deadly police force," saying that Robinson had Xanax, mushrooms and marijuana in his system and that multiple witnesses told investigators Robinson was "tweaking out" on mushrooms, jumping in front of cars and intimidating bystanders.

Ozanne's office released hundreds of pages of reports detailing Kenny's and Robinson's history at the end of March. Kenny also fatally shot a suspect in 2007, according to the documentation and police reports at that time. He was cleared of wrongdoing.

February 23, 2017:
$3.35 million settlement for Wisconsin family of black teen killed by officer

Relatives of an unarmed black teenager who was fatally shot by a police officer will receive $3.35 million to settle a federal civil rights lawsuit filed in Wisconsin, attorneys announced on Thursday.

Kenny now works with the department's training program and horse-mounted patrol unit often used to control crowds. Madison Police Chief Mike Koval said though Kenny has earned the right to return to active patrol, there are no plans for him to do so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57
Back