GUILTY WI - Twins Savannah & Tyler Yates, 5 wks, beaten to death, Baraboo, 13 April 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Filly, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

A Baraboo, Wisconsin man is being held at a hospital in the investigation of his five week old twins deaths. Police were called by someone to check on the welfare of David Yates and his infant twins. LE banged on the door and had cause to enter the residence. They found the forty-five year old Yates in bed and the little baby boy and girl deceased. The mother of the twins Susan Winbun did not live at the home. Yates had been arrested multiple times and most recently with domestic assault on Winbun. http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/281518

2. Loading...

3. Filly

4. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

Oh, this breaks my heart. RIP little twins. :(

5. Reannan

Reannan Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

I will never understand why these people don't just turn the babies over for adoption, when it is obvious to everyone that they are not prepared nor capable of taking care of these children. Was there no extended family around? Good grief. :furious:

6. Blink34

Blink34 Former Member

If there were signs of drug abuse if in fact she sought prenatal care, they should have been taken by child services. I hope someone looks into this.
    Sickening

7. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

Holy Moly. Baraboo is a darling little circus town about 1/2 hour out of Madison. We had a vacation home there and spent lots of time in the Baraboo North Woods. I just moved my mom out of there a few years ago, my dad died right there at ST Mary's where these babies were born.
    I'll have to see if she knows this family.
    Tragedy.Poor things.

8. kahskye

kahskye Inactive

How heartbreaking!

9. pixies

pixies Former Member

I will never understand why people have children when they are not able to emotionally and physically raise them. Heck, when they are not able to financially support them. It makes me sick!

These little babies would have been loved if placed for adoption but I am sure welfare made keeping these babies profitable to these loser parents.

My friend who use to work in the welfare (DHS) office in Nashville says the workers call parents like this *BREED FOR GREED*.

10. Marisa714

Marisa714 New Member

http://www.channel3000.com/news/15889229/detail.html

11. Filly

Dad's charged. Dad takes "behavioral medication". This is the second set of twins born to this mom who have died in infancy. This article states the mom of the twins said she only left he babies with this guy when she had to work. She left the babies with him on Friday, and called LE on Sunday when she tried to reach him and he didn't answer. So, you work from Friday to Sunday straight through and didn't call until Sunday? You called the cops before you went and tried to get in the house yourself? I'm just thinking to myself is all. Picture and more at link.http://www.channel3000.com/news/15901324/detail.html

12. philamena

philamena Former Member

:eek: I don't know what to say.

13. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

natural causes my butt. What a bunch of worthless excuses of parents.

14. gamegirl

gamegirl New Member

The babies did not die of natural causes, nor has an official said it was. Both babies died of violent blunt force trauma.

The first set of twins Susan had were born at 26 weeks due to placental abruption. That makes her a bad mommy because her babies died why?

What happened to those babies is horrible but the real monster is David Yates.

15. Blink34

Blink34 Former Member

Because I am confident upon review of her medical records it would show she was a substance abuser of some kind, during her pregnancy and she lacked prenatal care. So now we are at 4 dead innocent babies- I wish I could think of something compelling to say about that but I am stuck shaking my head with my mouth gaping open- Their souls are in a better place, rest now.

16. Charli-Ann

Charli-Ann New Member

The risk of placenta abruption does go up if the mother uses cocaine, but there are also many other risk factors, including being pregnant with multiples. I think it's a bit of a stretch to blame her for the deaths of the first twins.

17. Saavy

Saavy New Member

Domestic violence is also a predisposing factor for placental abruption. No doubt that was going on in the relationship as well.

18. gamegirl

gamegirl New Member

She was married to John Winbun at the time of the death of the first set of twins. John Winbun has not been charged with domestic abuse nor have there been any accussations of such.

There's a WHOLE LOT of stretching going on.

19. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

David Yates is on "behavioral medication", so in other words he'll probably have a built in insanity plea argh!
    The first set of twins the mother had with Winburn in the 1990's have it said they died of "natural causes". Now Yates kills the second set..

20. kaelee2

kaelee2 New Member

21. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

She knew he was an alcoholic and he had abused her and she still thought he was fine to watch twin infants for the weekend while she worked? I'm having a hard time with this one.