Wi - Unnamed Girl, 13, Suspicious Death, Mineral Point, 31 May 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Whiskers16, Jun 9, 2018.

1. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

Could she have been a foster? I know we aren’t allowed to picture or name them in the newspaper I work for.

Laughing, Jim_M, ksprincess and 2 others like this.
  2. tnith

tnith Well-Known Member

BBM

Questions of guardianship, legal status of death and next of kin loom ominously here.

Laughing, Jim_M, MsMarple and 2 others like this.
  3. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Oh! I remember this case! Such a strange one with the sheriff withholding information. The house at 1049 Miller Rd. (per the Iowa County Sheriff's Office press release) is huge - over 8500 square feet plus a 2400 square foot guest house.

A little sleuthing revealed that a family was associated with the property but it's not clear if they have anything to do with this case. The estate was on the market then taken off and now appears to be back on for a listing price of 1.5 million.

More sleuthing says the owners invited relatives who had 5 kids to live there and help operate their business. Again, I don't know if any of these people are part of the case so I will let y'all sleuth for yourselves. I haven't seen anything about foster kids so far.

I'm surprised no reporter has dug into this case. Small town privacy issues or something more?

Iowa County Sheriff's Office

Laughing, Jim_M, Suglo and 2 others like this.
  4. ksprincess

ksprincess Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about this girl. That home is amazing and huge. I see a sale is now pending, I wonder if her death had to be disclosed to the buyer? I feel like this may have been a money talks situation since it's so quiet.

5. Jim_M

Jim_M Honest American Bison (Buffalo)

Money talks, or, hopefully, this is the result of LE being thorough. I have been following this, obviously off and on, and somehow missed that October update. IMO, there doesn't appear to be any investigative reporting being performed in that neck of the woods.

ETA: Was there ever a funeral for this child? And how would anyone know, if so?

Suglo, Laughing and MsMarple like this.