Identified! WI - Webster, WhtMale Adult Pre 60, UP70151, con man "John Lehman", Feb'99 - Robert James Pearson

pppsuedio

Verbose Rambler
Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found February 8, 1990
Location Found Webster, Wisconsin 54983 (Burnett County)
Estimated Age Range Adult - Pre 60

Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Possible First Name --
Possible Middle Name --
Possible Last Name --
Possible Nickname --
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years) --
Estimated Year of Death --
Estimated PMI --
Height 5' 10" - 6' 0" (70-72 inches), Estimated
Weight 209 lbs, Measured

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found February 8, 1999
NamUs Case Created June 2, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed --

Location Found Map
Location Webster, Wisconsin 54983
County Burnett County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped) --
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery
Deceased was found by unknown girlfriend. Landlord and previous known girlfriend knew subject as John Lehman, but that identity was ruled out. Previous girlfriend stated in 1999 and when re-interviewed in 2020 that he was a con man and also used the identity Bobby James Pearson. The previous girlfriend does not know what his actual name was. Deceased was buried as a JOHN DOE.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Recognizable face

Physical Description
Hair Color Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description --
Body Hair Description --
Facial Hair Description --
Left Eye Color Hazel
Right Eye Color Hazel
Eye Description --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

0 Images or Documents

0 Missing Persons Exclusions

Contacts
Investigating Agency Burnett County Sheriff's Department
Agency Case Number 99-0871

Pretty strange case, both in terms of the circumstances and in terms of the information that is or is not available. Recently added to NamUs and I hadn't seen a thread for him yet so I decided to add one, particularly as it seems such an unusual case. Also, I found "John Lehman" to be a funny pseudonym because it is a homophone for "John layman" as in 'every man' or 'man on the street' - so he basically almost called himself John Doe while he was alive and hiding his real identity! :p I don't know if that was on purpose or not but I got a tiny kick out of it.

JohnLehmann-BurnettCo1999-22_web.jpg

This missing man, Frank James Singer, has a story , age, time frame, and physical traits that are fit the Wisconsin man's. The tattoos are not mentioned so that's an issue. Frank appears to have been a bit of a grifter who planned to go into hiding with a new identity. Frank James Singer Jr. – The Charley Project
I'm not convinced these are the same guy, but I found the similarities interesting.

This missing man, Frank James Singer, has a story , age, time frame, and physical traits that are fit the Wisconsin man's. The tattoos are not mentioned so that's an issue. Frank appears to have been a bit of a grifter who planned to go into hiding with a new identity. Frank James Singer Jr. – The Charley Project
I'm not convinced these are the same guy, but I found the similarities interesting.
That is a good find, @Schmurm. You should submit it to the Burnett Co. Sheriff.
FWIW Singer also has a thread here at WS, but there's really no additional info there. He's also in NamUs, and Lehman is not on his NamUs exclusions list.
CA - CA - Frank James Singer, 53, Newcastle, 10 June 1997

Last edited:
That is a good find, @Schmurm. You should submit it to the Burnett Co. Sheriff.
FWIW Singer also has a thread here at WS, but there's really no additional info there. He's also in NamUs, and Lehman is not on his NamUs exclusions list.
CA - CA - Frank James Singer, 53, Newcastle, 10 June 1997
I agree. I was hesitant at first but there seems to be enough there to at least give them a look. I submitted it.

An investigator replied to me to tell me that they showed to the photo of the missing man to an associate of the UI man and it is not him. So the mystery continues.

Last edited:
REX C. REICHERT | Federal Bureau of Investigation
Age fits John Lehmann’s possible age (54 years old). Also, his height also matches as well. Rex Reichert and John Lehmann also have long hair (Rex keeps it in a ponytail, while the reconstructed photo of John Lehmann shows that the doe does have long hair.
They do have the same “look”. I tried finding a better photo of Rex to compare but had no luck. I think it would be worth submitting.

They do have the same “look”. I tried finding a better photo of Rex to compare but had no luck. I think it would be worth submitting.
Your right. They are very similar. Overlapping both photos reveal resemblance. 4th reason to believe Rex Reichert is John Lehmann

Attachments

• 14D1705D-9EB8-4E5E-8630-8629494E0B90.jpeg
    14D1705D-9EB8-4E5E-8630-8629494E0B90.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 37
Reconstructions can be inaccurate and camera angles can affect the way a face looks, but that overlap doesn't seem promising - their features are in very different places, aren't they?

From what I know, the guy was so mysterious that even the investigators have little information on him.

@CarlK90245 I apologize if I have bothered you but what do you think about this individual? I know you personally saw photos of John deceased so I assume you might be able to have a better say than us.

Not the clearest pic, but he looks reasonably close. The Doe has his hair loose and a bushier moustache and no glasses, but otherwise he looks close.
Well, the photograph was taken in 1984. Age has something to do with the change of appearance from Reichert to Lehmann. The gap between the picture and the discovery of this doe is 15 years, Reichert/Lehmann could have changed his appearance years before his death to avoid getting arrested by the police considering the crimes he committed are heinous.
[From FBI.Gov)
Criminal Attempt With Intent to Commit the Crime of Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse, Criminal Solicitation With the Intent of Promoting or Facilitating the Commissions of the Crime of Involuntary Sexual Intercourse, Indecent Assault, Corruption of a Minor, Endangering the Welfare of Children.

So it would made sense why Reichert no longer has a ponytail

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back