Widespread power outages with several inches of snow in Texas and the US, Feb 2021

Discussion in 'Weather' started by imstilla.grandma, Feb 15, 2021.

1. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

mickey2942 and MimosaMornings like this.

2. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Why do news articles keep saying “rolling blackouts” when the power was shut off deliberately at 4am on Monday morning and no “rolling/rotating” service ever occurred.
    JMO

Midwestmom2019 and mickey2942 like this.
  3. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Big difference. About 30 years ago, Las Vegas used to have "brown outs" in high summer, when everyone had the A/C on high. Power would go out for an hour or so, and then go back on. We expected it, and it was never for a long time.

The power is better now.

MimosaMornings likes this.
  4. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

All they had to do was turn it on. Scared of Biden and his bs about pollution or not up to EPA standards or something. Helllloooo? Houston, we have a problem. A few days of pollution would have been a fair trade for not freezing everyone. They had to move my ex out of a nursing facility with no power to another place. He died shortly after that transfer. Is it related? Not sure yet but I’m sure it didn’t help him any. I’d bet he’s not the only one that died as a result of that mass stupidity.

mickey2942 likes this.
  5. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

Sorry, it took so long to respond. I have too much on my plate right.
    PowerNext is the name of the company. They are in The Woodlands.. TX. Hope it helps you. Last month it was $65.00. After the bills used to creep close to $1,000.00 a month, this is too good. I love deregulation. Regulations kept so many people in the freezing cold, EPA and pollution nonsense. Oh well, most of us survived the freeze. There was a tragic fire in one of the suburbs of Houston, Sugarland. Three children died. I am sure that there were carbon monoxide poisonings, too. Media does not report everything.