Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send one for me too, make sure it has Advanced life Support on board. :great:

:great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::great: Will do !

IF there is a HUGE MIRACLE -- that Judge Perry "re-calculates" the time serve regarding the 412 days for Check Fraud and the 4 Years for Lying to LE and realizes that a HUGE MISTAKE was made ...

--and/or -- Judge Perry rules that CFCA "must" do probation and has to return to Orange County ...

I will be SHOCKED ...

:floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh:

KC and Karma.

KC grew up in a dysfunctional family.

So do many people! Most don't leave their toddler in the trunk of a car or a swamp so they can booze, tattoo and screw for 31 days (seems she planned it for 55 days but Gma grew impatient after finding her car in a tow yard and paying some serious cash to get it back!)

KC's parents seperated at least once for awhile.

And this was horrible for her, why???

KC was given the curse of being capable of lying about anything to anyone, and being just believable enough, to get herself into far more trouble than telling the truth would have.

Lying was a choice CFCA made. Believable only to people who didn't look too close!

KC's father testified against her at a Grand Jury hearing, and again several times at her DP trial.

We don't know what GA said to the GJ - but from what I heard at trial, he let her off easy, especially after she claimed he put his penis in her mouth...

KC's mother called 911 on her.

After waiting 31 days and finding her car (that reeked of decomp) in a tow yard! Not to mention CFCA refusing to produce the child who hadn't been seen or spoken to for 31 days and claiming herself to be a spiteful b!tch! Yeah, poor CFCA...

KC had to face LDB and JA in front of HHSS and HHBP, and was denied motion after motion for a mistrial from these judges.

IMO she put herself in front of these people when she decided to steal from friends, dispose of her daughter and lie to LE! She had choices in life and look what she did with them! And a mistrial, yeah that worked out for her just fine if I recall.

KC was villified by the media as the media turned Caylee into a golden ticket worth millions.

The thousands of people tuning in, hoping against hope that a missing child would be found. Not to mention following the drama of CA/GA...drama they kept putting out there!

KC became one of, if not the most hated woman in America, courtesy of the media and the internet.

Yes, most people hate baby killers, blaming the media/internet just makes no sense to me.

KC's friends testified against her, and made numerous negative comments about her to the media.

Those weren't her friends talking to the media, they were acquaintances and I seriously didn't hear her friends say a bad thing about her in court!

KC was given over 400 days for her felony check convictions. In many cases of this nature, all charges are bundled to one, and the perp pays restitution and 6 months to 1 year probation.

CFCA was being held on charges of murder, she was given time served for the check charges...

KC was given 1 year each for 4 counts of lying to police. In many cases of this nature, perp gets all charges bundled into one, and pays a fine, and serves community service for 6 months, with no jail time.

CFCA spent about 10 days in jail after her sentencing on lying to police, considering what she was lying about IMO she got off really freaking easy - community service wouldn't have worked, no one in the community wanted her!

KC served nearly 3 years of solitary confinement, in which she had for the most part, 23 hours a day, alone, to sit and think about the awful thing that happened to Caylee.

Yes and normal people would have hated this but not CFCA, she seemed to enjoy her time in "the dorm" - go figure!

KC will likely never have a normal life.

She has only herself to blame! She could have done many things with her child that did not include duct tape, car trunks, swamps or chloroform. She made her bed now she can lie in it!

KC has character flaws that will keep her on the most hated list forever.

People really hate baby killers, but CFCA is not in locked away in prison nor on death row, so I guess she must be feeling really lucky about now!

KC instantly earned a place on the NG show hall of infamy, and was villified on that show almost nonstop for 3 years and counting.

So she doesn't have to watch NG, I'm guessing she didn't know who NG was before she left Caylee in the swamp...

Karma isn't done with KC yet, so she just may get probation.
Karma nothing this was part of her sentence on charges she admitted to! Why shouldn't she serve out the remainder of what she accepted as punishment when she entered a guilty plea???

Wow - the numbers must be really down at WESH! They are really beating the probation news drum today!

I do agree with you, but......couldn't HJBP have rejected the verdict before it was read? I did read that somewhere, but haven't a clue as to where I read it now......

No, Judge Perry could not have rejected any of the jury's 'Not Guilty' verdicts. There is confirmation of this on the "Lawyers" thread - I'm sure a quick search will produce it for you if you need a more official answer. HTH. :)

So, according to WESH, there may be a decision later on today.

I can only hope that Judge Perry rules, without the influence, that comes from the high profile nature of this case. That would help to restore my faith, in the justice system. The people of Florida need to see equality and fairness, in their criminal justice system. The anger that still exists, from the not guilty verdict, might be somewhat lessened, with an order for FCA to serve probation, in OC, with the same conditions applied to other offenders. Personally, I feel that the residents of OC would feel less anger (over the verdict), if they saw that she had to serve her full conditions of probation there. Administrative Probation would only increase the anger felt by many, not reduce it. MOO.

Speaking of the news drum - I see the New York Post has again posted the most hated woman in America article and this time posted a poll if anyone would care to stroll over there and vote. :innocent:

there appears to not be any case law regarding this probation. If so, he would have ruled.

Sooo. My conclusion is that he has to actually make a decision based on his own thoughts. This, apparently is something he doesn't like to do because it has taken a very long time for him to do it. It appears it may not be the one anyone hoped for or he would have already given it.

Is that guy who handed out pamphlets still locked up? He got a heavy sentence for doing that. Baez got off with nothing. I expect he is going to let FCA off also.

I hope he surprises me. My respect for him has dropped when he let Baez get away with all his antics. HHJP threatened many times but nothing happened. We were led to think that Baez would be reprimanded at end of trial...yet nothing. I'm still frying over the slips that baez got in about FCa's molestation and nothing came to the jury that it wasn't true. Baez slipped it through witnesses over objections. The jury never heard the truth. That was not addressed either. The dramatic grief counselor was another stick in my craw. No, the defense was given way too much leniency due to the judges fear of appeal.

The prosecution is held to a standard x100 as that of the Defense. It doesn't seem fair but I know that and have accepted that part. This case fell apart in Jury selection. This was not a death penalty qualified jury and I do not understand how they can say it was. Do they say it because Finnell questioned them and slipped in with her seed planting about child abuse, molestation and physical abuse done to FCA? If so, that was a pretty shoddy way of getting a death qualified jury because they were even close to ever possibly voting for death. They lied.

It's beginning not to make much difference to me if she serves probation or not. If she does, she can certainly serve it anywhere, it doesn't have to be in Florida. She'd probably be 'safe', from physical harm, anyway, if she did come back. She would probably have to put up with people screaming 'baby killer' at her every time she got spotted out in public, refused service, etc., and that's probably going to happen to her no matter where she goes, but I doubt anyone would kill her.

It's beginning not to make much difference to me if she serves probation or not. If she does, she can certainly serve it anywhere, it doesn't have to be in Florida. She'd probably be 'safe', from physical harm, anyway, if she did come back. She would probably have to put up with people screaming 'baby killer' at her every time she got spotted out in public, refused service, etc., and that's probably going to happen to her no matter where she goes, but I doubt anyone would kill her.

I think the death threats are DT propaganda - to keep her out of Fla and in the news.
She deserves public scorn and derision wherever she goes. Get used to it FCA- this is the US version of Bella Vita.

With respect, my opinion is that HHJP has no reason to drop a decision and run and hide. He is one judge whose decisions are always based on case law, and clearly he leaves emotion out of it. When he takes his holidays would have been decided months ago and would have nothing to do with the timing of any of his decisions except I think that he'd like to deliver it as part of finishing up before he leaves.

While I suspect his personal feelings about this verdict are similar to ours, because he did say in court, "if anything that could go wrong on this case did go wrong" - which to me was his way of saying to Baez - don't get to big for your britches sonny, you won this case by a fluke, not your talent.

There is nothing in his decision making process that is ever suspect or dishonourable and I have tremendous respect for him, as does the legal profession. I don't think it is fair of us to be disrespectful to him or his decisions because we are angry and frustrated at the juries decision in this case.

That's just not true. He should have had this probation issue worked out before she was released. His handling of jury selection was an embarrassment and his inappropriate concern for her safety is ridiculous. He has as much as admitted that her "safety" has influenced his decisions. That is not case law it is baseless emotional nonsense imo.

So he's taking an extra day... so what? Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill. I think we tend to read into everything too much.

ITA. It's a disgrace. He'll announce it Friday, dodge the news cycle then skedaddle off to wherever people who take 3 weeks to refuse to enforce probation decisions go... The way he has gone about this is a sad final insult imo.

Gee, if he wanted to rule on a Friday, why not do it last Friday? He must not be not very good at playing your conspiracy.

...thanks for the reminder you two - I've been in a very dark place for the last day or two and needed that.

This will cheer you up. I dare you to feel bad after watching this. The end is the best part,BUT PLEASE DON"T DISCUSS IT ON THIS THREAD! I don't want to completely derail.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno&feature=player_embedded"]Otters holding hands - YouTube[/ame]

I've tried not to focus too much on the decision on the Casey's probation because I just don't expect much,anymore. For those of us affected emotionally by the NG verdict,we just don't need to take another hit.

I just need to remember the really stuff in life. Casey might be getting away with stealing and murdering,but I still wouldn't want to be in her shoes,or trade places with the Anthony's.

That's just not true. He should have had this probation issue worked out before she was released. His handling of jury selection was an embarrassment and his inappropriate concern for her safety is ridiculous. He has as much as admitted that her "safety" has influenced his decisions. That is not case law it is baseless emotional nonsense imo.

This is one of the few times I disagree with you. It is his duty as a Judge to safeguard the safety of any citizen passing through the courtroom, regardless of what his thoughts are. If there have been credible threats, he needs to be concerned about them. He's a judge.

His conduct in choosing the jury is a personal decision each one of us makes. Aside from saying I didn't see anything wrong with it, I'll leave that one alone. I also think it was his "job" to order the numbers calculated be given to him, but I disagree that it is his job to do the DOC's job or that of the OCJ.
Why are you blaming him for being given incorrect facts?

This will cheer you up. I dare you to feel bad after watching this. The end is the best part,BUT PLEASE DON"T DISCUSS IT ON THIS THREAD! I don't want to completely derail.
Otters holding hands - YouTube

I've tried not to focus too much on the decision on the Casey's probation because I just don't expect much,anymore. For those of us affected emotionally by the NG verdict,we just don't need to take another hit.

I just need to remember the really stuff in life. Casey might be getting away with stealing and murdering,but I still wouldn't want to be in her shoes,or trade places with the Anthony's.

Hey MissJames! This youtube clip was taken here in our Vancouver Aquarium! We love them!

no one should have to pay to protect her .. if the public leaves her alone then the police will have no excuse to protect her .. i think she should sit in jail forever but that isnt what happened .. im just thinking that everyone (defense wise ) is making a big to do about her being protected because the public has been enraged about all this and making posts all over every social network saying so and what they would do if they ran into her .. if ppl dont wanna pay for her protection then dont threaten on the internet or anyway else that tons of ppl can see them doing as well and if something should happen to her alll those ppl that have been outright threatening her on facebook myspace ect COULD be investigated .as far as i know fb can be used in court ive read about it being used in cases more than once then she can win even more by having the right to sue ppl for threatening her life .. that is all i mean i say if the public wants her to pay they should just leave her alone give her no attention at all .. nature will take its course as will karma and no one else will get hurt out of it BUT her
BBM

Anyone anywhere in the world can use the internet to threaten Casey,but it's the taxpayers of FL who have to pay for her protection as a result.
Casey is responsible for being so hated. Let her hire bodyguards,just like anyone else who needs them.

There are woman who are threatened every day,through no fault of their own, by stalkers or angry ex's. They can get a piece of paper that's a restraining order,but they don't get "protection" around the clock.Why should Casey?

no one should have to pay to protect her .. if the public leaves her alone then the police will have no excuse to protect her .. i think she should sit in jail forever but that isnt what happened .. im just thinking that everyone (defense wise ) is making a big to do about her being protected because the public has been enraged about all this and making posts all over every social network saying so and what they would do if they ran into her .. if ppl dont wanna pay for her protection then dont threaten on the internet or anyway else that tons of ppl can see them doing as well and if something should happen to her alll those ppl that have been outright threatening her on facebook myspace ect COULD be investigated .as far as i know fb can be used in court ive read about it being used in cases more than once then she can win even more by having the right to sue ppl for threatening her life .. that is all i mean i say if the public wants her to pay they should just leave her alone give her no attention at all .. nature will take its course as will karma and no one else will get hurt out of it BUT her

The DT is creating this hype, not the public. She's not going to get any money by suing people who threaten her.

Gee, if he wanted to rule on a Friday, why not do it last Friday? He must not be not very good at playing your conspiracy.

Let's be fair here, eh? He has his own caseload, he is filling in for another judge in court during the weekdays and he needs time to do his research to be sure he either has law precedents or doesn't have them in this case. He was very clear last Friday that he hadn't seen this situation before and stated it was a "big mess".

I feel certain his views were such that he would have loved to order her back for probation or more time. However, his job is not to rule on his personal feelings and do his ruling based on law, so whatever it is,it will be the end of it and it won't be overturned by an appellate court.

KC and Karma.
KC grew up in a dysfunctional family.
KC's parents seperated at least once for awhile.
KC was given the curse of being capable of lying about anything to anyone, and being just believable enough, to get herself into far more trouble than telling the truth would have.
KC's father testified against her at a Grand Jury hearing, and again several times at her DP trial.
KC's mother called 911 on her.
KC had to face LDB and JA in front of HHSS and HHBP, and was denied motion after motion for a mistrial from these judges.
KC was villified by the media as the media turned Caylee into a golden ticket worth millions.
KC became one of, if not the most hated woman in America, courtesy of the media and the internet.
KC's friends testified against her, and made numerous negative comments about her to the media.
KC was given over 400 days for her felony check convictions. In many cases of this nature, all charges are bundled to one, and the perp pays restitution and 6 months to 1 year probation.
KC was given 1 year each for 4 counts of lying to police. In many cases of this nature, perp gets all charges bundled into one, and pays a fine, and serves community service for 6 months, with no jail time.
KC served nearly 3 years of solitary confinement, in which she had for the most part, 23 hours a day, alone, to sit and think about the awful thing that happened to Caylee.
KC will likely never have a normal life.
KC has character flaws that will keep her on the most hated list forever.
KC instantly earned a place on the NG show hall of infamy, and was villified on that show almost nonstop for 3 years and counting.
Karma isn't done with KC yet, so she just may get probation.

KC and Karma ...

Caylee grew up in a dysfunctional family.
Caylee's grandparents separated at least once.
Caylee never knew her father thanks to her mother.
Caylee was killed and her lying mother covered it up.
Caylee will never have a normal life.
Caylee will never go to school, get married, or have kids.
Caylee had character flaws, but we'll never know them.
Caylee's mother has shown no remorse for what she did and deserves to be them most hated woman in America.
Caylee instantly earned a place on NG's wall of worship.
Caylee's mother is a thief and a liar and IMO, a murderer.

Caylee deserved much better and the more negative karma towards FCA, the better.

There is nothing in his decision making process that is ever suspect or dishonourable and I have tremendous respect for him, as does the legal profession. I don't think it is fair of us to be disrespectful to him or his decisions because we are angry and frustrated at the juries decision in this case.
I agree it was mostly the jury and I don't think JP is dishonorable, but I don't understand some of his decisions. I realize IANAL and he has WAY MORE legal knowledge than I do (mine is next to nil), but I still just don't get it. Why did he work so hard to "rehabilitate" jurors that were obviously not DP qualified and didn't want to be? Why didn't he do a little more to curb JB's sneaky questions to witnesses? Why did he give FCA the credit for the 412 days? She could have had at least 1 more year to serve in jail if he hadn't done that, unless I am misunderstanding something about the calculations. I don't think it would be vindictive or unreasonable to make her serve a year, considering she WAS convicted of the lying charges, and those lies were serious and obstructed justice.

And I just don't have any confidence that he is going to do anything meaningful with regard to the probation issue. FCA will skate away as always, receiving the "You are awesome, continue on as you are" message she has IMO always gotten when she does something dishonest/illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆