Will Misty tell the truth now that she's in jail? (POLL)

Will Misty tell the truth about Haleigh if she stays in jail?

• Yes

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • No, nothing will get her to tell the truth

Votes: 46 27.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other: please post your explanation

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
As long as Haleigh is not found - Misty is not going to speak the truth. Listening to the jailhouse tapes it becomes apparent these folks believe, at the very least, that they know how to manipulate the system. I don't believe they do since PaPa got Misty to admit to how many times she actually sold drugs. We saw Ron marry Misty - either to save his butt from statutory rape charges or for what he believed to be priviledge. IMO - those involved believe no body, no charges. As long as they believe that, no one is going to say boo, most of all Misty.

I voted "Other" because their wasn't adequate options to resemble my opinion on Misty, the truth, and this case.

I believe Misty has told the truth, though some have obviously confuddled, reported and made it look inconsistent, blocking out the gross amount of inaccurate reporting done on this case, and she said, he said, they said and what really was said.

I believe Misty has been telling the truth. Don't know at this point if she has told "all the truth", which wasn't the option I needed to vote, leaving the option of "Other".

We've gotten the truth from the players, just don't believe we've received "all the truth". Like many have said, bits and pieces. I'm wondering if as some are thinking, if Misty feels threatened, and there is a possibility she could have awoken to the abduction and was threatened. Or as some theorize, Ron, or Tommy being involved and she's covering out of choice or threat.

None the less, we've heard the truth from Misty, maybe just not all of it. Leaving me to believe she didn't harm or remove Haleigh herself, but if she doesn't know who did do it, she has her own beliefs just like we do of who she thinks did remove Haleigh.

I voted maybe.... i just don't know what to think anymore.... and i sure as more info comes out i am going to be more confused. Here is my dilemma, If LE is not offering her less drug charges for info on HaLeigh, then why would she talk? (in her mind) what is in it for her? She is basically looking at life in prison right now, unless someone comes along and says "Misty, we will drop all but one charge or we will drop all PC charges if you tell us where HaLeigh is" THAT may get her to talk. (but then again if she thinks she is going to be spending all her time at PCSO, knowing Ron is in there, she may not talk either, b/c he has threatened to blow her teeth in the back of her head)

so again MAYBE :) JMO

I voted maybe - she's young and she's freaking' - depends on what they say to her. I think those detectives can be pretty intimidating.

I voted NO because I still feel that Misty killed Haleigh and trashed her somewhere before Ron got home.
Why tell the truth when the truth will land her in prison longer than drug trafficking?

I voted maybe because she is young, stupid, and I cannot predict what she may do. Someone needs to tell her the real bond amount on all of the present charges and how many years of incarceration she is looking at.

BTW, where is Fields and why isn't he telling her what her bond really is and the years she is looking at??????

Right now Misty's focus is getting the heck away from a jail cell. "I want out of here so baaaaad!"
I believe after four or five months of day to day in a cell will finally sink in and Misty will be more willing to work toward what's in front of her - a long sentence and a large bail amount.
She's not even understanding anything about bail or her crime. She seems to think it's going to all go away. She is too young and not experienced enough to now see the big picture.
I would hope her lawyer would work with her so that she will understand all that is involved in her charges and how the law works when it comes to sentencing and plea bargins. Also, I think her father will have some success in getting through to her about not holding back what she knows.
I think it will be months, but she will talk!
Thanks was not enough. I voted yes but it will be eventually.

Maybe.

If Misty did something to Haleigh she won't talk
If Misty left the kids alone that night she might talk
If Misty thinks Tommy did something she might not talk, not knowing for sure
If Misty left the kids with Tommy and he claims something happened and she helped dispose of Haleigh then neither one will probably ever talk
If Misty is covering for Ron she will eventually talk
If Misty is afraid of someone like the Mexican Mafia who kill families she will never talk

I voted "maybe" because Misty is a strange bird. She is ignorant of so many things of the world. Her understanding of her bond situation is beyond nothing. I don't think LP or anyone else will ever get her out on bond because she is such a risk and, if her lawyer is smart, because it would cause even more problems.

I believe Misty wasn't the one who killed Haleigh or caused her to go missing. But, somewhere in her fried brain, she doesn't want to "rat out" people she knows are responsible.

She is probably more afraid of retribution from those who did whatever happened.

However, she clearly doesn't want to be in jail and is suffering from "starvation" and bad treatment in that "awful" jail. She doesn't get that her family has nothing to offer her. Sooner, rather than later, her family won't have the money to put on their cell phones, won't have the gas to visit, and cetainly won't have money to put in her acount for the canteen.

That's when she'll be alone. That's when it will hit. She needs to stay in jail until she makes a deal by trading whatever she knows for "juvenile status" in her drug charges.

Then, she can serve 6 years and get out drug-free, cigarette-free, and with a GED, as she said she wants.

Unfortunately Carolina Moon - we have heard Misty talk about the GED before - that is what she was going to do when Ron divorced her. She was even going to get a job. Now we see the results, no GED and her "job" landed her in jail. We hear the phone calls, her sense of entitlement is immense and she has no ability to think of, let alone work toward a future. Everything is me me me now now now. The structure of jail may be the only structure she will ever know - her attitude however, I don't see much to make me think that will change.

I voted maybe.... because I feel Haliegh overdosed on pills and Misty called Ron and told him I think Tommy is reponsible for getting rid of Haleigh's body. I think they are all covering for each other because they didn't want to get busted for drugs to start with, but now, I think that Misty wants out and she may say well look, yes we were selling, Haleigh got in the stash, I called Ron, Ron called Tommy over and Tommy got rid of the body, but I dont know where she is now... BUT I also feel that she doesn't think that information is going to help so she may just not say anything.

Misty is now on anti-depressants. I worry that the calming effect of these medications may lessen her anxiety about jail and make her less likely to talk.

I voted "Other" because their wasn't adequate options to resemble my opinion on Misty, the truth, and this case.

I believe Misty has told the truth, though some have obviously confuddled, reported and made it look inconsistent, blocking out the gross amount of inaccurate reporting done on this case, and she said, he said, they said and what really was said.

I believe Misty has been telling the truth. Don't know at this point if she has told "all the truth", which wasn't the option I needed to vote, leaving the option of "Other".

We've gotten the truth from the players, just don't believe we've received "all the truth". Like many have said, bits and pieces. I'm wondering if as some are thinking, if Misty feels threatened, and there is a possibility she could have awoken to the abduction and was threatened. Or as some theorize, Ron, or Tommy being involved and she's covering out of choice or threat.

None the less, we've heard the truth from Misty, maybe just not all of it. Leaving me to believe she didn't harm or remove Haleigh herself, but if she doesn't know who did do it, she has her own beliefs just like we do of who she thinks did remove Haleigh.

I respectfully disagree with this post, Misty has not told the truth IMO if she has not told all of the truth (that she knows or became aware of since). There is no such thing as part truths, or half truths, or being truthful but not telling everything.

It does seems from parental actions on both sides that Ron seems culpable, Misty is scared quiet by Ron's threats and -- if Misty was solely culpable then his actions and the dynamics are not consistent with that, e.g., Ron texting to tip Misty off about DB, Ron divorcing yet maintaining a relationship with Misty, Misty having a Ron tattoo.

Ron has control over Misty and his threats to kill the Perp are directed at Misty but I get the sense that Ron has more to lose than Misty and, Misty wants this to break via Tommy rather than she be the voice.

Ron is the perp and Misty is an accessory, as usual.

bbm
I have to agree with you on that Kool Look. Now, I don't believe that Misty did anything to harm Haleigh or removed Haleigh's body. I think that her family knows what happened that night and Ron's family knows what happened that night as well. You got Misty's family telling her to tell the truth and then you've got Ron's family telling him to remain silent. I think that Misty knows what happened but didn't take part in it and her family feels that if she just tells the truth things may get better for her. On the other hand, Ron's family don't want him to say a word...hmmmmm maybe because things might get worse for him? Very telling, if you ask me.

Eventually Misty will talk. We have to be patient. One of my grandmother's favorite sayings was: GOD MIGHT NOT COME WHEN YOU WANT HIM TO BUT WHEN HE DOES COME HE'LL BE RIGHT ON TIME. He'll get through to Misty, I'm putting my faith in him not LE.

Unfortunately Carolina Moon - we have heard Misty talk about the GED before - that is what she was going to do when Ron divorced her. She was even going to get a job. Now we see the results, no GED and her "job" landed her in jail. We hear the phone calls, her sense of entitlement is immense and she has no ability to think of, let alone work toward a future. Everything is me me me now now now. The structure of jail may be the only structure she will ever know - her attitude however, I don't see much to make me think that will change.

There was never any chance of her getting her GED on her own. She has no support system to speak of, no money, and no incentive to do anything with her life as long as the drugs are plentiful. She might be able to do something in jail if she's there for a long time if she's sober and the jail routine keeps her sleeping at night and awake at daytime, because eventually it gets boring and at least an education is something to do with her time. I think she'd need quite a lot of educational and motivational counseling, and her education should start at the basics. It might not hurt to have her tested for learning disabilities either.

However, if she's going to do 74 years, I'm not sure what she'd need a GED for.

I voted other because I don't know, but I have hope.

So my vote is "hopefully."

:I

I voted "maybe" because Misty is a strange bird. She is ignorant of so many things of the world. Her understanding of her bond situation is beyond nothing. I don't think LP or anyone else will ever get her out on bond because she is such a risk and, if her lawyer is smart, because it would cause even more problems.

I believe Misty wasn't the one who killed Haleigh or caused her to go missing. But, somewhere in her fried brain, she doesn't want to "rat out" people she knows are responsible.

She is probably more afraid of retribution from those who did whatever happened.

However, she clearly doesn't want to be in jail and is suffering from "starvation" and bad treatment in that "awful" jail. She doesn't get that her family has nothing to offer her. Sooner, rather than later, her family won't have the money to put on their cell phones, won't have the gas to visit, and cetainly won't have money to put in her acount for the canteen.

That's when she'll be alone. That's when it will hit. She needs to stay in jail until she makes a deal by trading whatever she knows for "juvenile status" in her drug charges.

Then, she can serve 6 years and get out drug-free, cigarette-free, and with a GED, as she said she wants.

I think loyalty for RC is what keeps her from telling what she knows, however, when she grows up, retribution may be reason.

Her family however, will never forsake her.

I do think some "structure" from the routine of jail would benefit her, but then so would "Job Corps"
http://www.jobcorps.gov/home.aspx

Right now Misty's focus is getting the heck away from a jail cell. "I want out of here so baaaaad!"
I believe after four or five months of day to day in a cell will finally sink in and Misty will be more willing to work toward what's in front of her - a long sentence and a large bail amount.
She's not even understanding anything about bail or her crime. She seems to think it's going to all go away. She is too young and not experienced enough to now see the big picture.
I would hope her lawyer would work with her so that she will understand all that is involved in her charges and how the law works when it comes to sentencing and plea bargins. Also, I think her father will have some success in getting through to her about not holding back what she knows.
I think it will be months, but she will talk!

bbm

ITA :blowkiss:

well, rc has certainly scared the life out of her with his even if it takes 40 or 50 years, I will kill them. That was a warning, imo.!

So rc has learned nothing from "the key" that he married to get information from?...interesting. The only thing he knows is he hasn't changed his mind from the 911 call...he is going to kill. At least he is consistent. He is dangerous and crazy.

We all can see now what rc is all about. Most of us have known from day one...some took longer, but it is pretty clear that rc is involved with Haleigh's demise. LE has kept very quiet about his work hours and have told everyone to be mum about them...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back