Will Smith slaps Chris Rock on stage live at the OSCARS

It’s gaslighting. It’s meant to show that people disgusted by this have been overcome by hysteria.
It's also a subtle, or not so subtle, form of deflection I see often in real life. Yes, I know I did <insert wrong behavior>, but what about you? Last week, you did <insert wrong behavior>.

All this blame-shifting, deflection, minimization and gaslighting is routinely used by people who don't want to take accountability. For their own behavior and sometimes even the behavior of other people. It's not a healthy way to interact with the world. And it's never helpful to assist people in escaping accountability or excusing bad behavior. Things just generally escalate to worse things when you do that.

IMO

It's also a subtle, or not so subtle, form of deflection I see often in real life. Yes, I know I did <insert wrong behavior>, but what about you? Last week, you did <insert wrong behavior>.

All this blame-shifting, deflection, minimization and gaslighting is routinely used by people who don't want to take accountability. For their own behavior and sometimes even the behavior of other people. It's not a healthy way to interact with the world. And it's never helpful to assist people in escaping accountability or excusing bad behavior. Things just generally escalate to worse things when you do that.

IMO

For me it’s a justice issue. I hate that celebrities and rich people in general seem to get many more breaks than the average Joe. It’s not right. They get excused more often by the general public as well. It frustrates me. The bigger the name, the more the money, the less accountability.

It’s always been like that.

For me it’s a justice issue. I hate that celebrities and rich people in general seem to get many more breaks than the average Joe. It’s not right. They get excused more often by the general public as well. It frustrates me. The bigger the name, the more the money, the less accountability.

It’s always been like that.
Yup. You'd best believe if one of us little people did something like that security would have had no problem putting their hands on us and dragging us to the street outside. Pronto.

I think that's why the Academy is taking so much heat. Completely tone-deaf and out of touch. It wasn't until us little people said, "Ummm...wut???" that they even realized they'd totally botched the situation.

Rules for thee, but not for us attitude. The whole Hollywood community seems to operate in its own little world, it seems.

jmo

“I need to warn everybody, the next presenter is a comedian,” Burton said. “I need to caution everybody, remain in your seats and keep your hands to yourselves.”
upload_2022-4-8_10-56-32.jpeg
Bargatze came out with a comically oversized helmet just in case.

“They said comedians have to wear these now at award shows,” he joked. “It doesn’t even cover your face.”

Will Smith gets absolutely ROASTED at the Grammys

Will Smith warns Jada ‘don’t use me’ for clout in resurfaced video

Will Smith warns Jada 'don't use me' for clout in video

Now, the newly resurfaced 2019 video has sparked speculation as to the state of the Smiths’ union, with some viewers claiming the “Men In Black” star looks “uncomfortable” and “anxious” as he speaks with his wife.

Pinkett Smith, 50, initially made the video to promote her chat show “Red Table Talk,” with the vision showing her state: “You know [therapist] Esther Perel is coming to the table — she’s gonna be at the ‘Red Table.'”

She then flashes the camera on her husband and asks: “Would you say she has been instrumental in you and I redefining our relationship?”

Smith looks irritated by the question and responds: “I would say don’t just start filming me without asking me.”

Pinkett Smith seemingly brushes off her husband’s request, telling viewers she is “still dealing with foolishness.”

She then continues to probe her movie-star spouse, saying: “Would you say that she [Perel] helped us heal the hurts that we caused between one another?”

The continued questioning is clearly frustrating the “Bad Boys” star, who snaps back: “My social media presence is my bread and butter. So you can’t just use me for social media. Don’t just start rolling; I’m standing in my house. Don’t start rolling.”

Now, the newly resurfaced 2019 video has sparked speculation as to the state of the Smiths’ union, with some viewers claiming the “Men In Black” star looks “uncomfortable” and “anxious” as he speaks with his wife.

Pinkett Smith, 50, initially made the video to promote her chat show “Red Table Talk,” with the vision showing her state: “You know [therapist] Esther Perel is coming to the table — she’s gonna be at the ‘Red Table.'”

She then flashes the camera on her husband and asks: “Would you say she has been instrumental in you and I redefining our relationship?”

Smith looks irritated by the question and responds: “I would say don’t just start filming me without asking me.”

Pinkett Smith seemingly brushes off her husband’s request, telling viewers she is “still dealing with foolishness.”

She then continues to probe her movie-star spouse, saying: “Would you say that she [Perel] helped us heal the hurts that we caused between one another?”

The continued questioning is clearly frustrating the “Bad Boys” star, who snaps back: “My social media presence is my bread and butter. So you can’t just use me for social media. Don’t just start rolling; I’m standing in my house. Don’t start rolling.”
Saw that yesterday and found it worrisome, the way she spoke about his "foolishness". Just because he didn't want to be filmed, and quite rightly so.

The thing is, these videos and articles are putting Jada in a bad light. The focus shouldn't be on her behaviour at this moment, it should be on his.

Great deflection tactic though..

I’m truly mystified why he is with that woman. She really is using him for her dumb SM thing. Why put up with someone so toxic. He let her bring him down to her level, IMO. No excuse for what he did to poor CR though. That’s all on him.

Will Smith reveals the THREE YEARS he spent organising Jada's 40th birthday party 'was my low point' | Daily Mail Online

I know none of us can speak to someone else's marriage, but what they publicize we can know. IMO this is a terribly toxic relationship that definitely brings out the worst in each other.

Three years organizing his wife's 40th birthday party....I think a lot of women would be thrilled by that devotion. Jada considered it a manifestation of Will's ego and he agreed. But according to him he was trying to thwart an impending midlife crisis for her, and she responded by having an affair with someone half her age.

From the outside looking in, it seems to me that Will is always trying to please Jada, and she is never pleased. That IMO played into his obscene act of slapping Chris once he saw that she rolled her eyes.

He's always fighting Tupac's ghost, an unwinnable battle. But Chris had to suffer for it.

Jmo

Academy ‘split’ over confiscating Will Smith’s Oscar on decision day

Academy 'split' on confiscating Will Smith's Oscar

Snipped

The members — of which there are over 9,000, with hundreds of WhatsApp groups flying about — are completely split,” an LA source told the Sun of the hearing by the academy.

There’s really not much the Academy can do at this point that’s going to make any difference IMO. He already resigned, and IMO if they take away his Oscar, he will just become a martyr for some people who think he did nothing wrong. Personally I think he should be able to keep it, but I think the Academy already missed their chance to do the right thing by removing him from the theater immediately, and he shouldn’t have been allowed to be there to receive it personally and make his speech. I guess banning him from attending future shows and presenting is something they could do.

Will Smith reveals the THREE YEARS he spent organising Jada's 40th birthday party 'was my low point' | Daily Mail Online

I know none of us can speak to someone else's marriage, but what they publicize we can know. IMO this is a terribly toxic relationship that definitely brings out the worst in each other.

Three years organizing his wife's 40th birthday party....I think a lot of women would be thrilled by that devotion. Jada considered it a manifestation of Will's ego and he agreed. But according to him he was trying to thwart an impending midlife crisis for her, and she responded by having an affair with someone half her age.

From the outside looking in, it seems to me that Will is always trying to please Jada, and she is never pleased. That IMO played into his obscene act of slapping Chris once he saw that she rolled her eyes.

He's always fighting Tupac's ghost, an unwinnable battle. But Chris had to suffer for it.

Jmo
That’s sad. :( They both need to lighten up IMO! They take themselves way too seriously.

There’s really not much the Academy can do at this point that’s going to make any difference IMO. He already resigned, and IMO if they take away his Oscar, he will just become a martyr for some people who think he did nothing wrong. Personally I think he should be able to keep it, but I think the Academy already missed their chance to do the right thing by removing him from the theater immediately, and he shouldn’t have been allowed to be there to receive it personally and make his speech. I guess banning him from attending future shows and presenting is something they could do.
I don't think they should take away his Oscar, there's no reports he hurt anyone in the process of making the movie.

I saw an ad featuring WS and thought 'bleh, block that'...that may be what really affects him if public opinion stays against him.

JMO

I agree. They should have removed him immediately, and sent the Oscar to him via Fed-Ex.

Theoretically, at least, the Oscar is supposed to be an award for his acting on-screen, not his behavior off-screen. I’m sure that aspects of a popularity contest enter into the voting, but the Academy shouldn’t acknowledge that, in my opinion.

Banning him from attending in the future is definitely reasonable. He’s old enough to be able to understand consequences.

MOO

The issue is kind of moot at this point. Even if he keeps it he can't display it with pride or show it off. It's just a cringy symbol of the lowest point of his career which is all he or anyone else will remember when they see it. It's irrevocably tainted. By his own actions.

When people see that statue they are not going to think King Richard. They are going to think Will Smith Slapped Chris Rock On The World Stage. Why bother keeping it?

IMO

The issue is kind of moot at this point. Even if he keeps it he can't display it with pride or show it off. It's just a cringy symbol of the lowest point of his career which is all he or anyone else will remember when they see it. It's irrevocably tainted. By his own actions.

When people see that statue they are not going to think King Richard. They are going to think Will Smith Slapped Chris Rock On The World Stage. Why bother keeping it?

IMO
So true!!!
He should sell it on Ebay. The new owner would have would have more bragging rights than him for owning it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back