Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
I agree with you regarding Manorville. But I think the GB4 are the work of 1 person acting alone (quite possibly the same person who did AC).

JMO
Look at the evidence. SK's usually never change their m.o. Ever.

The Gb4 were wrapped in burlap-LISK. The others along there and Manorville were found dismembered-Torso Killer. Atlantic City, they were all strangled and lined up along the sewer canal-Atlantic City Serial Killer. That's at least three killers imho.

I am of the belief that LISK and the torso killer were/still are in competition. And from everything I've read torso killers are very territorial.

I fully believe these guys, probably all of them are still active. Just moved elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

There has been many interesting murder cases and facinating serial killers over the decades but this whole lisk case has me scratching my head.. its like the zodiac all over again.. this killer is smart thats for sure.. to go this long without capture, i still have my suspicions on dr. charles peter hackett and his connections with high ranking people in the police/judges etc helping him to stay free... so many theorys.. i dont think the killer will ever be caught and if he is it wont be anytime soon.. he will probs die before the world finds out the truth

There has been many interesting murder cases and facinating serial killers over the decades but this whole lisk case has me scratching my head.. its like the zodiac all over again.. this killer is smart thats for sure.. to go this long without capture, i still have my suspicions on dr. charles peter hackett and his connections with high ranking people in the police/judges etc helping him to stay free... so many theorys.. i dont think the killer will ever be caught and if he is it wont be anytime soon.. he will probs die before the world finds out the truth

why is he smart though? maybe he left dna all over the crime scene, impossible to find after being in the open for years. There's nothing to indicate that he is smart. Well, maybe just the phonecalls but that's pretty much it.

I don't think the killer is smart. Just a greased pig. I believe there are/were many leads to the killer, that he/they could have been found, but Suffolk County Police Department did a good job ignoring all leads and forensics, prob ruined a lot of forensics.

why is he smart though? maybe he left dna all over the crime scene, impossible to find after being in the open for years. There's nothing to indicate that he is smart. Well, maybe just the phonecalls but that's pretty much it.
I don't get why people assume that because he knew how long it'd take to trace a phone call, means he knows how LE work.

Many a TV drama or movie plays the same kind of scenario. It could just be he's watched a show where its taken 3 minutes to trace a call.

I don't get why people assume that because he knew how long it'd take to trace a phone call, means he knows how LE work.

Many a TV drama or movie plays the same kind of scenario. It could just be he's watched a show where its taken 3 minutes to trace a call.
Me neither. It didn't take long for me to realize just how little to nothing one can know about serial killers judging by the crime scenes. The asseverations about LISK made on The Killing Season are beyond laughable. We know nothing about this person.

I don't think the killer is smart. Just a greased pig. I believe there are/were many leads to the killer, that he/they could have been found, but Suffolk County Police Department did a good job ignoring all leads and forensics, prob ruined a lot of forensics.
We all heard what Leanne had to say. This is what happens when cops pay for sex instead of getting girlfriends on the side. Whos going to fix this?

The killer is more lucky than anything at this point. Smart enough to take steps towards self-preservation, but nowhere slick enough to pull off what seems to be the perfect imperfect-crime, so far.

Any evidence that was there has been exposed to a harsh climate. Any DNA based evidence has been washed away, degraded. Which leaves things like fibers, hairs and so on. Try picking that out of a tangle of underbrush, burlap and other indigenous animal hairs at the site. You would have needed an FBI lab on the scene before anyone dug into it.

There was a story in Sunday's NY Daily News about a serial killer of prostitutes. If you didn't know what you were reading you might think it is the LISK case. Girls go missing. Nobody seems to care. Girls reported to be running out of a house screaming for help. etc., etc.,.....cops are there investigating assaults and missing persons. One gal is seen running out when the cop is there.

Bottom line: Eventually the cops find 8 rotting bodies of prostitutes in the attic.

The killer is more lucky than anything at this point. Smart enough to take steps towards self-preservation, but nowhere slick enough to pull off what seems to be the perfect imperfect-crime, so far.

Any evidence that was there has been exposed to a harsh climate. Any DNA based evidence has been washed away, degraded. Which leaves things like fibers, hairs and so on. Try picking that out of a tangle of underbrush, burlap and other indigenous animal hairs at the site. You would have needed an FBI lab on the scene before anyone dug into it.
I respectfully disagree. Lisk is brilliant and fragmented mentally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There was a story in Sunday's NY Daily News about a serial killer of prostitutes. If you didn't know what you were reading you might think it is the LISK case. Girls go missing. Nobody seems to care. Girls reported to be running out of a house screaming for help. etc., etc.,.....cops are there investigating assaults and missing persons. One gal is seen running out when the cop is there.

Bottom line: Eventually the cops find 8 rotting bodies of prostitutes in the attic.
is he uncaught¡? do you have a link?

If LISK is ever caught, I think it will be from DNA rather than tips or more killings. I think he's probably in his mid- 50's now and his circumstances- be they health, relationship, or residence related- prevent him from finding new victims.

He's likely on a guarded high, of sorts, meaning he's extremely pleased with and proud of the renewed interest in his crimes but is also worried that he may've left behind something that FBI investigators could tie to him, namely DNA. If he frequented the dump sites before, it's unlikely that he visits them now per public interest and the FBI's involvement. He may be tempted to act out in some manner but won't; he may even think about how BTK was caught and decide to remain dormant.

I'm willing to bet that no one in his life knows what he's done, not a soul; he may even think it's best to leave it alone and live off of memories lest he be caught.

i looked online for this story. I cant find it. Where did it happen?

If LISK is ever caught, I think it will be from DNA rather than tips or more killings. I think he's probably in his mid- 50's now and his circumstances- be they health, relationship, or residence related- prevent him from finding new victims.

He's likely on a guarded high, of sorts, meaning he's extremely pleased with and proud of the renewed interest in his crimes but is also worried that he may've left behind something that FBI investigators could tie to him, namely DNA. If he frequented the dump sites before, it's unlikely that he visits them now per public interest and the FBI's involvement. He may be tempted to act out in some manner but won't; he may even think about how BTK was caught and decide to remain dormant.

I'm willing to bet that no one in his life knows what he's done, not a soul; he may even think it's best to leave it alone and live off of memories lest he be caught.
I'll add to the above. If LE finds him I dont think anyone will be surprised. Hes evil. That cant be masked.

What makes you think he's in his mid 50's?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back