Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
Last night I found a posting on Reddit from a working girl. She said the girls know who the killer is and survived his wrath because they did what they were told. She believes it is a cop but not Burke. I believe Burke knows who the killer is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post the link for others to read.

Sure it might have helped? Kind of like how knowing asian male is hispanic would help id him? I believe yes they thought she gave birth maybe even c-section. Can you give me any examples in the history of ever when police have intentionally withheld the identification of unidentified serial killer victims from the public and their families? How can you possibly ask for proof of a cover up in this case? You must be a blind man.

If there's a point being made in there somewhere I might be blind because I really don't see it. Asian male is Hispanic? They've withheld identities from families? You speak in riddles yet, apparently have it all figure out. If so, please fill me in. I'm a little slow sometimes so you could help me out by being a little more coherent.

Consider this also.
The toddler was entered into NAMUS. But it was done in a way that would ensure she could not be found if someone happen to be looking for her.

You realize it can be difficult determining sex of a pre-adolescent without specific testing from the dna don't you? Even then there are mutations that can throw a curve ball in their findings. How do we know they were not unsure about the sex when the namus file was created? Have they even done that test? As terrible as people claim the department is at doing it's job how do we know it's not just a case of them being neglectful in updating the specifics in the namus file?

They've shown us the jewelry and told us they suspect she's a female, why is every deviation from what you expect to happen seen to be conspiratorial? There's a great number of cases in namus with the same classification.

Hopefully I won't trigger anyone by mentioning this name but Dormer and I think also Verrone tells us that FBI were consulted in the very beginning, before burke even took his spot. I don't know to what extent but again It's on the local agency to do the legwork.

Not sure about when loeb as I've not kept up with it.

Sure it might have helped identify but like I said maybe they had reasons, maybe even ridiculous reasons, wouldn't have to be nefarious ones. I'm trying to think, before the link was made known did peaches autopsy reveal she had given birth?

If you're gonna quote Dormer and Verrone... you might as well include the SCPD detective who wrote the letter about Shannan Gilbert's demeanor being calm on her 911 call (wasn't he under Dormer's command??). IMO none of their info is worth spit. And, that's just it... the local agency has been corrupt in one way or another for years.

Of note, I'm still here talking about this "lost cause" for the same reason you are here stating your opinions.

I don’t know how to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you have to do is take a screen shot of the
VERY top line on the computer

it's like this

www. [something].com

and then we will knwow what thread it is.

IS VERY SIMPLE - NOT HARD. a 2 year old could do it.

If you're gonna quote Dormer and Verrone... you might as well include the SCPD detective who wrote the letter about Shannan Gilbert's demeanor being calm on her 911 call (wasn't he under Dormer's command??). IMO none of their info is worth spit. And, that's just it... the local agency has been corrupt in one way or another for years.

Of note, I'm still here talking about this "lost cause" for the same reason you are here stating your opinions.

Let me say this and I'll stand down and you all can get back to your regularly scheduled program.

I started to point this out last night for any newcomers that might come along but I got a little side tracked. In my opinion, much of the skepticism we see towards LE stems from their findings in relation to Shannan Gilbert, God rest her soul. That and some very vocal locals with a long standing grudge (probably rightfully so) against local authorities. The quote you refer to f&e was not directed to anyone in particular but a general observation and attempt to understand the present day climate of the forums. I think it can and will be solved or I wouldn't be here. Please don't feel or otherwise imply I'm challenging your or anyone else's right to show up an express opinions to the contrary.

If there's a point being made in there somewhere I might be blind because I really don't see it. Asian male is Hispanic? They've withheld identities from families? You speak in riddles yet, apparently have it all figure out. If so, please fill me in. I'm a little slow sometimes so you could help me out by being a little more coherent.

Sorry I meant black! Race is a confusing classification system. http://charleyproject.org/case/tirrel-santiago

In my opinion, much of the skepticism we see towards LE stems from their findings in relation to Shannan Gilbert, God rest her soul.

I would strongly disagree with you that skepticism stems from the shannan gilbert cover up. We can go all the way back to 2002 and see the homicide department making incredibly questionable decisions: "
At this point, the Suffolk County Police Department has continued to put out Crimestopper alerts and is offering a cash reward of up to $1,000 for any information that leads to an arrest (800-220-TIPS). Beyond that, they have essentially thrown up their hands (although Fitzpatrick is still withholding the image of a tattoo located on the female victim for verification purposes if they ever get a call through Crimestoppers). When asked if they have sought assistance through the Doe Network, a volunteer organization dedicated to unidentified victims cases, Fitzpatrick said, We do that on occasion, but I think theres less possibility here of success. Its a time-consuming process. Usually, we just send them to the FBI.Todd Matthews, media director for the Doe Network, seemed a bit skeptical of this assertion, stating, If the police want something left unexplained, then thats fine. [But] we work with them.
http://www.doenetwork.org/media/news18.html

In 2002 SCPD clearly stated they had an image of a tattoo on Jane Doe 2000 they were withholding for verification purposes, which is absurd but it can believably be chalked up to police incompetence to some degree. They released Jessica Taylor's tattoo after her body was dumped on the same road one year after this article and that was how she was identified.

So why in all 18 years, if SCPD wants to identify this Jane Doe and catch the serial killer have they not released an image of the tattoo to the public? How else do they expect her to be identified at this point? Now SCPD claims there is no image of a tattoo on Jane Doe 2000. Huh? Why does Fitzpatrick clearly state they have an image in 2002 and SCPD claim there isn't and never was a tattoo?

I still have questions why Fitzpatrick suddenly retires in the middle of two of the biggest cases in Suffolk PD history: 1. Lisk 2. The attempted murder of Oheka Castle owner Gary Melius.

If my information is correct Lt.F after spending 30 odd years in the SCPD, and head of their most 'prestigious' unit: Homicide he suddenly puts his papers in. If I am correct all he has to do is to do another few months and he increases his life pension by thousands of dollars. What is the hurry, LT?

My information is they know the shooter and have done nothing with it. All these characters in both the SCPD and NCPD were 'frequent flyers' at Oheka, and the FBI was no strangers, too.

right on.

The people on this thread could't solve a missing shoe lace if it came off their shoe
in the garage, but yet they can rip apart people in authority at scpd without specific
names, dates, and instances

altho - Marty Tankleff being falsely imprisoned is a HUGE whopper of a criminal
conspiracy, and he was blessed to have Bruce Barket as his attorney. That man
has a brain in his head, and he's not a clown like that Ray character.

I do know for a fact that Burke is no mother theresa and that Spota guy
illegally wire tapped the 15 palace guards that were being interrogated by the feds,
and the feds said disbaraging things against the SCPD and Spota in particular
and Spota took those wiretaps and whined to loretta lynch

and then Lynch had no choice but to have Spota prosecuted for
obstruction of justice

So
is that a good answer for you LR1?

Here is a better answer for LR!
Speaking of Tankleff....they gave him $13,375,000.00 without so much of a fight. They didn't want a fight because they feared all the dirty laundry would cover them with filth. Bruce Barket predicted exactly that ( and I was there) and Tankleff has NeVeR been officially exonerated.

That other bumbling boob and crook called Andrew Cuomo didn't say he believed Tankleff didnt do it, he said many of the witnesses are dead: McReady was alive and well. Norman Rein is doing OK. Most of the other detectives and supervisors are still alive. Even the original prosecutor is alive and well.

Tankleff is allegedly a double murderer and in the process killed his two parents. He lost his inheritance to his half sister when he defaulted his claim to the money when he was convicted. The half sister and he ex-husband are alive and well. Never did find out exactly what Jerry Steueman paid to the Tankleff estate of the $500.000.00 he owed Tankleff.

You realize it can be difficult determining sex of a pre-adolescent without specific testing from the dna don't you? Even then there are mutations that can throw a curve ball in their findings. How do we know they were not unsure about the sex when the namus file was created? Have they even done that test? As terrible as people claim the department is at doing it's job how do we know it's not just a case of them being neglectful in updating the specifics in the namus file?

They've shown us the jewelry and told us they suspect she's a female, why is every deviation from what you expect to happen seen to be conspiratorial? There's a great number of cases in namus with the same classification.
Conspiratorial?
Fieldnotes called the ME. He ask why the toddlers mother was not in NAMUS?
The ME said the SCPD wont sign off on it.
Reason? Theres something about her profile LE does not want the public to know.
So its easy to believe the toddlers profile was handled the was it was for the same reason.
Ex. Give the impression the toddler was on the pkwy for one yr.

Identifying whether its a boy or girl? Seperate issue.
Samantics.

Let me say this and I'll stand down and you all can get back to your regularly scheduled program.

I started to point this out last night for any newcomers that might come along but I got a little side tracked. In my opinion, much of the skepticism we see towards LE stems from their findings in relation to Shannan Gilbert, God rest her soul. That and some very vocal locals with a long standing grudge (probably rightfully so) against local authorities. The quote you refer to f&e was not directed to anyone in particular but a general observation and attempt to understand the present day climate of the forums. I think it can and will be solved or I wouldn't be here. Please don't feel or otherwise imply I'm challenging your or anyone else's right to show up an express opinions to the contrary.

'Gotcha :)

I couldn't agree more on the skepticism regarding SG's case. It's been a mess in so many ways (not just related to local law enforcement - although it ranks high on my list of problems)

We agree on many points and disagree on only one or two others (and always have - if my memory serves me correctly.)

I still hope something positive/resolving will occur before a decade goes by.

Conspiratorial?
Fieldnotes called the ME. He ask why the toddlers mother was not in NAMUS?
The ME said the SCPD wont sign off on it.
Reason? Theres something about her profile LE does not want the public to know.
So its easy to believe the toddlers profile was handled the was it was for the same reason.
Ex. Give the impression the toddler was on the pkwy for one yr.

Identifying whether its a boy or girl? Seperate issue.
Samantics.

Consider the following speculation for what it's worth. All these bodies show up, most of the them laid there for years leaving slim chances of any bio evidence. They have a lot on their plate, a huge case probably the biggest of their career and maybe not much to work with. At some point JD is discovered to be peaches, as unfortunate as it is that her child is also found it at least brings the possibility of finding a link to a potential offender.

Slim as the possibility may be I can understand why they might want to hold that info close for a time, turns out 4-5 years, to see if any suspects old or new in peaches case (or the others for that matter) can be linked to child via paternity test. Which I'm pretty sure can still be done with the fourteen year old bones. The comparative sample would likely be surreptitiously (cough) acquired as they needn't lawyers getting involved before the possible link can be established. Not linking peaches's fourteen year old case to what was more recently found on the parkway and the hysteria surrounding it could make the difference between her killer going about his business with little worry and laying low or skipping town.

Basically they don't want to tip off anyone on anything that might be coming down the pike and not wanting something released to the public means not wanting it released to the killer. Lying, misleading, misdirection, withholding information, these are all tools used in their pursuit of answers and I'm afraid that's never going to change. So if it wasn't for those reasons or something similar your guess is as good as mine.

I would strongly disagree with you that skepticism stems from the shannan gilbert cover up. We can go all the way back to 2002 and see the homicide department making incredibly questionable decisions: "

In 2002 SCPD clearly stated they had an image of a tattoo on Jane Doe 2000 they were withholding for verification purposes, which is absurd but it can believably be chalked up to police incompetence to some degree. They released Jessica Taylor's tattoo after her body was dumped on the same road one year after this article and that was how she was identified.

So why in all 18 years, if SCPD wants to identify this Jane Doe and catch the serial killer have they not released an image of the tattoo to the public? How else do they expect her to be identified at this point? Now SCPD claims there is no image of a tattoo on Jane Doe 2000. Huh? Why does Fitzpatrick clearly state they have an image in 2002 and SCPD claim there isn't and never was a tattoo?

Can you remind me when scpd claimed there never was a tattoo? I can't remember who or when they were questioned about it. The killing season or maybe Todd Mathews on the radio show?

I guess you would need to see if the autopsy report has the tat listed, if it does it should show up in namus. I would like to think if they had a photo of a clearly identifiable tattoo they would've released it. Makes no sense that they wouldn't when just 3-4 years later they released JT's mutilated one. Hypothetically, if there was one could it have been so mutilated or disfigured from decomposition that it was unrecognizable but in a specific enough location as to be helpful if someone did come forward looking for their loved one? If there was a tattoo and the guy went through the trouble of separating body parts in order to hide her identity there's a good chance they had little to nothing they thought helpful putting out.

Is her old crime stoppers info viewable anywhere, did it mention a tattoo? I'm also wondering if that article by herzog is the only time a tattoo is mentioned and of course why the discrepancy. Did the reporter see the image? Is miscommunication a possibility? You say scpd clearly states there was a tattoo but all I clearly see is a copy/paste of one old article from a local news (?) outlet that I've never heard of. You'll certainly not see me arguing against the possibility of police incompetence.

THEY (SCPD/DA) are capable of anything, including murder. Always keep that in mind when you consider this thread. Keep in mind after Burke became Chief of Department he and Spota saw to it their pal Madigan became Chief of Detectives. He would have a more hands on with the investigation of LISK. He suddenly disappeared and is said to be in the group of 10 or so cops the FEDS arrested and kept quiet for the time being.

THEY ARE CAPABLE OF ANYTHING -

I suspect there are grand jury hearings involving the SCPD that we are unaware of.
I hope it would result in throwing Burke back in prison when he gets out.
Otherwise he will create havoc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back