Will we ever find out exactly what happened to Caylee?

Will we ever know for certain when/where/what caused her death?

• Yes

Votes: 40 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 161 65.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 45 18.3%

• Total voters
We shall never know for sure because I think Casey is the only one on earth who really knows and even if she confesses (which I think is highly unlikely) how could anyone believe her 100%? The kind of confession I think it least unlikely she would make would be to claim it was an accident, admit negligence and say she was so ashamed she covered it up; in such case she might say she put the duct tape on because of fluid leaking from the mouth. There is probably no way to absolutely prove or disprove that. I think at this point many people would be pretty skeptical about accident, although they might have believed it had she said that on 16 July.

If she confessed to a brutal premeditated murder people might be more likely to believe that since it would not be trying to get herself off the hook. But knowing her propensity for lying and embellishment, we STILL would not know if the story was exactly what happened.
But I think is virtually impossible she will confess anyway. So we shall never know.

We shall never know for sure because I think Casey is the only one on earth who really knows and even if she confesses (which I think is highly unlikely) how could anyone believe her 100%? The kind of confession I think it least unlikely she would make would be to claim it was an accident, admit negligence and say she was so ashamed she covered it up; in such case she might say she put the duct tape on because of fluid leaking from the mouth. There is probably no way to absolutely prove or disprove that. I think at this point many people would be pretty skeptical about accident, although they might have believed it had she said that on 16 July.

If she confessed to a brutal premeditated murder people might be more likely to believe that since it would not be trying to get herself off the hook. But knowing her propensity for lying and embellishment, we STILL would not know if the story was exactly what happened.
But I think is virtually impossible she will confess anyway. So we shall never know.
I do not think KC will provide an answer we can trust, but I do think we will "know" to a high level of certainty. We know a bit, but there is so much more not far away that it seems likely LE have got in the way of evidence.
I believe there will be enough to satisfy me.

I think the prosecution will be as about as close as possible to explaining what happened but as far as the 100% exactly what happened...never.
Even upon conviction Casey has much to gain from those who are in willful denial and want to beleive it was an accident or that someone else killed Caylee.
There minds wont be swayed by a conviction or evidence and Casey is going to be dependent on the 'kindness of strangers' on many levels for years to come.

I think the prosecution will be as about as close as possible to explaining what happened but as far as the 100% exactly what happened...never.
Even upon conviction Casey has much to gain from those who are in willful denial and want to beleive it was an accident or that someone else killed Caylee.
There minds wont be swayed by a conviction or evidence and Casey is going to be dependent on the 'kindness of strangers' on many levels for years to come.

Concur.

I fell so very, truly sadly for these souls. They're victims, too. Of KC, or themselves, of that I am not sure.

But, I am certain that even upon any sort of 'acceptance' of a verdict because it is a lawful verdict, through the years they will be found muttering away to themselves about 'pitiful LE investigations' whilst they transfer funds into KC's commissary account.

It's just such a sad picture, isn't it?

I voted no. Im sure the evidence will come back with her fingerprints on the duct tape and hairs from the family pets on the blanket. We will never know the details of how it actually happened. If Casey does come forward, I think the truth will be a watered down version of what happened or some version of how she died but not really what happened. I think what happened was pretty horrific and Casey will never let on to how much of a monster she really is.

But, I am certain that even upon any sort of 'acceptance' of a verdict because it is a lawful verdict, through the years they will be found muttering away to themselves about 'pitiful LE investigations' whilst they transfer funds into KC's commissary account.

I agree. What I have found most amazing is the ability in these people to alter their perception of reality. These people become so convinced of their point of view that no amount of evidence in the world will convince them that KC did it. The next thing you know they'll be arguing that the sun doesn't really rise in the east and set in the west, LE must have tampered with the solar system.

I agree. What I have found most amazing is the ability in these people to alter their perception of reality. These people become so convinced of their point of view that no amount of evidence in the world will convince them that KC did it. The next thing you know they'll be arguing that the sun doesn't really rise in the east and set in the west, LE must have tampered with the solar system.

Really, to me, it's not so amazing. This is family defending family in a time of crisis. OJ's family stood by him too, despite overwhelming evidence. IIRC, his kids stood by him, even though it was their mother who was murdered. I am in no way condoning the A's support of their daughter (which has seemed to lost some of its steam).

We may find a lot of the pieces of this puzzle, but not enough of them to get a clear picture or to really put it all together. There is enough evidence to assure that KC will be convicted of murdering her daughter, even without the whole picture.

Really, to me, it's not so amazing. This is family defending family in a time of crisis. OJ's family stood by him too, despite overwhelming evidence. IIRC, his kids stood by him, even though it was their mother who was murdered. I am in no way condoning the A's support of their daughter (which has seemed to lost some of its steam).

I hear what you are saying but I think the two things are totally different. The Simpsons' supported OJ, but they weren't out there fostering ridiculous stories for the media. The 180 degree turn that they did after a week or so was the most insane thing I've ever seen. We have GA telling the FBI that the car smelled like decomp and he tells them he knows what decomp smells like and then a couple of weeks later they're all spouting the pizza thing.

I had real hopes when they found the remains that the A's had finally seen the light. Their silence at the time was a positive sign that they had accepted the inevitable. Their actions of late have shown that the KC Kool-Aid is still being served.

No, I don't believe we will ever know for certain. I think the SA will put together enough, with the help of forensics, for us to have a pretty good idea, and certainly enough to convict her.

What I would really like to know is WHY???

I voted no. Im sure the evidence will come back with her fingerprints on the duct tape and hairs from the family pets on the blanket. We will never know the details of how it actually happened. If Casey does come forward, I think the truth will be a watered down version of what happened or some version of how she died but not really what happened. I think what happened was pretty horrific and Casey will never let on to how much of a monster she really is.

I totally agree with this. Casey will never show how truly terrible what she did actually was. And I think it's a lot worse than some of us can imagine. I know that I, for one, don't WANT to imagine something that bad. It's sickening and saddening. :(

I don't think we will ever learn what happened to Caylee unless someday Casey breaks down and decides to be truthful!

After hearing a portion of the "Baby Grace" details, which made me physically ill...LITERALLY, I am quite sure I don't want to know the Caylee details if they are this horrific. Perhaps KC's silence is a blessing in disguise.

After hearing a portion of the "Baby Grace" details, which made me physically ill...LITERALLY, I am quite sure I don't want to know the Caylee details if they are this horrific. Perhaps KC's silence is a blessing in disguise.

I have been thinking this too...

I voted NOT SURE. Casey, imho, is a Narcissist. N's will always try to preserve themselves first above all else. We will never get a TRUTHFUL story from her....EVER.
It will be the people around her with hearts and souls that will tell the story. It may be in pieces or it may be whole truths. I do believe that it will be Caylee who will speak the loudest when the forensics come in.

We haven't heard EVERY tape or interview. There will be those "bombshells" coming. "I can feel it"

Casey is the only one who knows what she did to Caylee and she will never tell.

I voted 'not sure'...... plenty of people thought Caylee's remains would never be found, but they were. There's always a chance we'll find out what really happened, you just never know.

Unfortunately I don't think we will ever know what happened for certain. It's one of the many tragedies in this case. Although the prosecution will try to explain what they believed happened by the evidence they have, we will never really know unless Casey admits it, which I don’t see happening. I feel really bad for the family because they will never know why or how. It’s a sad situation all around.

isnt the charge, murder by UNKNOWN cause.

isnt LE saying they cannot say (legally) how she died and that they are not going to try and prove how she did it?

she is never going to tell how she did it.

I dont care to know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back