William Shatner is going to space on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin rocket on Oct. 12

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
William Shatner going to space on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin rocket (nbcnews.com)

“I’ve heard about space for a long time now. I’m taking the opportunity to see it for myself. What a miracle," the actor said.

William Shatner is boldly going to the edge of space.

Jeff Bezos' space travel company, Blue Origin, announced Monday that the 90-year-old "Star Trek" actor will blast off from West Texas on Oct. 12, making him the oldest person to travel to space...

I am fascinated by this, and a bit fearful but awestruck by the possibilities this sort of space travel opens up. One of my college roommates is an aerospace engineer at Blue Origin. She spent the last 8 years of her life dedicatedly working on and perfecting New Shepard (the Blue Origin flight that occurred in July).

She’s ask been begging for 8 years to be considered to be a part of one of their flights, but alas, finances and/or celebrity status are most definitely in the cards for her. One day Laura, one day...

Yikes! So many typos in my above post it barely makes sense in certain parts—sorry folks!! It’s too late to edit :oops:

William Shatner going to space on Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin rocket (nbcnews.com)

“I’ve heard about space for a long time now. I’m taking the opportunity to see it for myself. What a miracle," the actor said.

William Shatner is boldly going to the edge of space.

Jeff Bezos' space travel company, Blue Origin, announced Monday that the 90-year-old "Star Trek" actor will blast off from West Texas on Oct. 12, making him the oldest person to travel to space...

Wow!

Thanks for sharing this, BDE.

I just can't believe he's 90, and that was my biggest takeaway from this. He looks pretty good for 90, no?
Yes, he looked great and sounded great.

Spoke well, and at the end of a conversation w/Bezos he started to tear up.
He seemed to be so overcome w/emotion.

Just another tidbit to add to his resume.......

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88