William Tyrrell MEDIA/MAPS/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Former lead detective on the William Tyrrell case, Gary Jubelin, will learn his fate today as a Magistrate hands down a verdict in his criminal trial. He’s charged with illegally recording conversations with Paul Savage, who was a POI in the case. #WheresWilliam @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris on Twitter

Due to new social distancing restrictions, the general public will not be able to attend the hearing, but authorised media will be in the courtroom to hear the decision.

Lia Harris on Twitter

For more on the case against Jubelin and his work on the William Tyrrell investigation, listen to our podcast Where’s William Tyrrell? on all major podcast platforms.

https://aca.st/4934c1

Lia Harris on Twitter

Only media, court staff and legal representatives are in the courtroom. Jubelin’s family members are here to support him, but were not allowed into the building. Many of his usual crowd of supporters have chosen not to come because of the restrictions.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Ross Hudson begins by reading to the court the four charges against Jubelin. He will deliver verdicts for each of the four charges, all relating to recording conversations with Savage in 2017 and 2018.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson tells the court he is required to be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt Jubelin did not have a lawful reason to record the conversations. Telling the court “even grave suspicion cannot substitute for beyond reasonable doubt”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court “there were differing views in relation to the strike force and who appropriately should or shouldn’t be a target”. He said “I will conclude there was tension and there were differing views in the Strike Force”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court Detective Laura Beacroft confirmed in her evidence “there was a backlog of material” from the listening devices.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court Beacroft “confirmed effectively that her and other officers were aware of those recordings being made”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court Laura Beacroft was “a witness of truth and reliability” who was “in a difficult position”. “She was a person who looked up to Mr Jubelin, there’s no doubt in my mind about that”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson is now talking about the evidence of Detective Senior Constable Greg Gallyot, who accused Jubelin of bullying and claimed he forced him to record a phone conversion with Savage, by saying “just do it” when he protested.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court he accepts Gallyot’s evidence that Jubelin said “just do it” when he hesitated to record the conversation without a warrant. He also accepts his evidence that Jubelin told him not to save it anywhere “because none of the other calls” were saved.

Lia Harris on Twitter

However, Magistrate Hudson told the court “I approach this witness with absolute caution” because Gallyot had since been “elevated to his dream job”. He also noted Gallyot’s inexperience as a Homicide detective.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson accepts Gallyot as a “witness who is telling the truth” despite “approaching with caution” given his recent promotion. He told the court Gallyot saved the recording against the direction of his superior officer “because in his mind he knows it’s not right”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson is now discussing Paul Savage’s evidence. He told the court “I don’t accept” the defence argument that Savage knew he was being recorded. “He doesn’t give consent” to being recorded, he told the court.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court the junior officers who investigated whether or not Savage saw the Spider-Man suit planted in the bush the day before he reported it “caused further tension” within the Strike Force because they “disobeyed a direction from Mr Jubelin”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

In relation to the recorded phone call with Savage, Magistrate Hudson told the court “the timing of the call is determined by Mr Jubelin”. “He controls the time, date and place and makes the decision to record then”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court “at least two people in his own Strike Force say he physically gave me the phone” and asked them to listen to the recordings.

Lia Harris on Twitter

In commenting on the pursuing of Savage as a POI, Magistrate Hudson told the court “what evidence? There’s no DNA, there’s no fingerprints, there’s no one necessarily who says I saw him go into the backyard where William Tyrrell was... there’s nothing... he picked Mr Savage”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

In commenting on the defence assertion that others knew about the recordings, Magistrate Hudson told the court “just because someone else knows you’re doing something you shouldn’t be doing, doesn’t make it right”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court Savage was “vulnerable” when the lengthy 2017 interview with Jubelin was done, which lasted five hours. “He ended up being involved in over 2000 questions... no lawyer.. no contact with anyone else” he told the court.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court “throughout that interview, he challenges him...It’s repetitive” and could be “seen as offensive”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court Jubelin’s “inability to make concessions about the way he went about his pursuit of Savage” would influence “his reliability as a witness”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court “this was a strategy at all costs.. this was above and beyond legality... and that’s what happens on the 2nd of May (when one conversation was recorded)... Mr Jubelin controlled the chess pieces”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court “if he’s so concerned about complaints being made and there’s a breakdown in the relationship between him and Mr Savage, send someone else. Someone else could have attended”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court Jubelin attended Savage’s house and recorded the conversations “knowing there’s no warrant in place”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court Jubelin “struck me as a person playing a role, telling a story” and said “his evidence was designed and manufactured to fit into and establish a defence”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Magistrate Hudson told the court Jubelin “made a decision Mr Savage was his man and pursued him as a person of interest at all costs”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Reactions: JLZ
Magistrate Hudson told the court the prosecution had proven its case that Jubelin illegally recorded four conversations with Savage, saying “the court cannot accept that the recording of the conversations was reasonably necessary to protect his lawful rights”.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court has been adjourned until 2.30 when we’ll find out if he’ll be sentenced today

Lia Harris on Twitter

His sentencing hearing will be held on Wednesday, when his legal team will present evidence of his character.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The unsettling disappearance of William Tyrell in 2014 has never been explained. Veteran detective Gary Jubelin spent years on the case, but has now been found guilty of misconduct during his investigation. | @LiaJHarris

(Video)

10 News First on Twitter

From the Foster Parents of William Tyrrell regarding Gary Jubelin, ‘...the situation is that Gary & his dedicated team members have given everything within their power in their resolve to finding William – even often at great personal expense and loss.’ @7NewsSydney

Leonie Ryan on Twitter

The former lead detective in the search for William Tyrrell has been sentenced for making illegal recordings during his investigations. | @LiaJHarris

(Video)

10 News First on Twitter

We’ll be recording a bonus episode of the Where’s William Tyrrell? podcast, discussing all the aspects of Jubelin’s conviction. We expect to release it sometime next week. #WheresWilliam @10_Speaks @NatarshaBelling

Lia Harris on Twitter

https://www.9news.com.au/videos/nat...liam-tyrrell-search/ckw8wnb5g001n0glbts7r93zg

A man who lived across the road from missing toddler WT say he is considering suing NSW Police after being pursued as a suspect.
Neighbour mulls adding to William Tyrrell 'suspects' suing policehttps://www.theaustralian.com.au › nation

Another piece of evidence has been "bagged" by detectives, after NSW Police's Strike Force Rosann moved the seven-year investigation's William Tyrrell search area.

The new piece of fabric was found around 900m from the home of 's WT’s foster grandmother. "The small piece of fabric, of unknown colour, was bagged by police."

It comes after investigators revealed they are "on the cusp of finding" WT’s remains. The Sunday Telegraph, made the statement as an archaeologist on the case told the publication, "We're confident we'll get closure for the family.

Grave archaeologist Dr Tony Lowe said on Sunday that police have extended the search at multiple digging sites to six weeks, believing the three-year-old's body was "placed" rather than "buried" in bushland near the Kendall, NSW, home he was visiting with his foster parents back in September 2014.

“Some backfill soil has been dropped in this area in recent years.

"What we're doing is lifting that to return the surface to the natural ground. "Fire hasn't come through this particular spot in the last seven years but there would have been some change in the vegetation dying off and coming back."

Police found a green hessian bag buried at a bushland site in Kendall where they are searching for the remains of the little boy. Experts pulled the frayed bag from base of the tree and placed it in an evidence bag.

It was discovered near where investigators found a blue piece of fabric on Friday.

The renewed operation was originally meant to last for three weeks, but experts now believe it could drag on for months as police search topsoil by hand over an area that is approximately 1.5 square kilometres.

Given William has been missing for seven years, police have been advised how deep below the surface they'll need to dig.

"They know anything of interest they excavate beyond that is too old," the spokesperson said. Officers are currently tackling one of the most difficult sections, a creek, meaning the search should become easier in the coming days. Officers have been advised not to touch any new evidence found and to call in forensics.

The investigation has been plagued by criticism about the way Gary Jubelin, the former lead detective on the case, conducted the investigation.

"[The suggestion] that I got too close to a victim’s family that it clouded by judgement or to imply that I would rather let a suspect get away with murder because otherwise it would prove me wrong is just offensive,” he said in a column for The Saturday Telegraph.

"Let me just make one thing clear: I would lock up my mother if I thought she had committed a murder," "I want to see the investigation into WT’s disappearance solved as much as anyone and I can’t emphasise enough how much I want to get that point across. "I want to see whoever has committed a serious crime like this brought to justice."
Police secure new evidence from William Tyrrell dig site

Link to WS member Richie Swan Youtube channel that contains a wonderful archive of documentaries, radio interviews, foster carer interviews - in documentary and audio formats. when you start playing the video/audio files, press the 3 x white dots on right side of save+ which will open a drop down, there you will find an auto transcript (may contain minor incorrect words) and includes a timeline of spoken words. Can be stop/started and copy and pasted into a word document.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Y6M4ZwCV73aIu6Fgs-L_Q/videos

William Tyrrell's wealthy foster mum hides in luxury Land Rover Discovery as search enters day 20 | Daily Mail Online
William Tyrrell's wealthy foster mum hides in her luxury Land Rover Discovery after being asked a VERY confronting question - as she flees Sydney amid the ongoing search for the missing toddler
  • William Tyrrell's foster parents have fled to Crescent Head, in central NSW
  • They had been under intense media scrutiny at their home in Sydney
  • Foster parents were ambushed in a shopping centre car park over missing child
  • They raced to their Land Rover Discovery before driving off
  • Radio broadcaster Chris Smith jumps to defence of William Tyrrell's foster mum
  • He 'doesn't buy' police claims she's person of interest in the boy's disappearance
By KEVIN AIRS and KYLIE STEVENS FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 13:31 GMT, 3 December 2021 | UPDATED: 14:19 GMT, 3 December 2021

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks