Win a cute California home - with a dessert recipe

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by zwiebel, Jul 21, 2015.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

A Northern California real estate agent has come up with an original way to sell her 100-year-old, attractive house in Antioch. Erin Allard is going to award it to the winner who submits the best dessert recipe, to be judged by a panel of food experts.

Each entry costs $100 though, so entrants need to make sure that treasured grandma's recipe of theirs is good enough to impress the experts too!

A little more house with yur cawfee, darlin'?

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/cal...me-as-Prize-in-Dessert-Contest-317962521.html

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I swear I could win this house with my grandmom's mountain pudding recipe. I never made it myself obviously - as I certainly wouldn't have liked it then, but other family members have made it for me. And I still have the recipe. Unfortunately, all the words have kind of disappeared. :(

It was made with lots of fresh milk, eggs, bread, vanilla and sugar and just made a creamy, light mountain at the end, that you could top with vanilla sauce (for a cold mountain), chocolate (for a warm mountain), or red berries in syrup (for a volcanic mountain). Sweet memories....

EAT: I can see the words much better in the photo! Maybe my recipe's not lost after all!

Lol, I wrote EAT instead of ETA. :) ^^

Attached Files:

4. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I now see from that photo my grandmom's recipe calls for putting the ingredients in a barn named Marie. :)

5. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

Great recipe, z!!!