WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS** #2

>respectfully snipped<

It will be most interesting to see if the A fam pleads the Fifth along with Casey.

I didn't think they could do that unless they are being charged. Wouldn't they be found in contempt of court?
Lanie

LOL She has a scrapbook! Sheesh!

She and her mother, Cindy Anthony, arrived together at 10:45 a.m. Casey Anthony was clutching a notebook with the words 'Media Coverage' on the side.
~snip~

Two more items have been added to the list of issues to be discussed Friday at a hearing at the Orange County Courthouse. Anthony's attorney, Jos&#65533; Baez, is asking Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to seal Anthony's home-confinement schedule -- dates and times when she leaves her house for appointments.

He also wants the judge to order the state to turn over any evidence favorable to his client, such as names of people who might help establish Anthony's innocence and the names of any undercover agents in the case.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-100908,0,7768931.story (Bolded by me)

Undercover agents? Interesting!

They didn't say much, just that Baez "Told a morning show that he and his client 'are preparing for the worst'."

Good idea.

Wow sounds like he lost all hope. What a great lawyer you have there KC. I don't think the A's can get another lawyer for her. No one will do it pro bono like this winner. :rolleyes: Hope she enjoys the nice accomodations of her long vacation she is about to go on.

When I heard that remember that he is hearing constantly from Cindy and Casey - George has been under Cindy's thumb for so long, he goes to work, brings home a paycheck so that Cindy and Casey can spend- I really honestly think that George has been taken advantage of, I think he's the one innocent party in this, he wholeheartedly wants to believe the best but knows the worse

And I think thats why he hasn't been heard from lately, it's only been Cindy

I also think it's for appearence sake
I have a hard time understanding how everyone is perceiving George as a victim here. He is a grown man who has stood by and watched while his daughter has lied, stolen and now "lost" his granddaughter. He hides behind other family members. Just because he doesn't have the guts to do the right thing he is to be pitied? His anger is seen as "human emotion" while Cindy's is seen as rage, deception, etc. Sorry, I don't buy it. He has always had the ability to do the right thing but stood by and at the minimum enabled the insanity. Caylee was taken advantage of...she had no voice and no ability to make choices for herself. George is just as much to blame as Cindy IMO, just like a mother who lets her husband abuse the children while she does nothing to protect them.

I didn't think they could do that unless they are being charged. Wouldn't they be found in contempt of court?
Lanie
I thought if their testimony could incriminate themselves in any way, they can also plead the Fifth. I might be mistaken tho. Anyone know?

Baez has already stated that Casey won't testify which is no surprise.:

"I doubt they'll call her, but if they do, I think it will be a pointless venture," Baez said.

He said it's Anthony's right to not testify.

"I don't think it's in her advantage to testify in a proceeding where it's a one-sided affair."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-100908,0,7768931.story

While the private investigators were enroute to meet with the man, he was picked up by ZFG in a spaceship being piloted by ET. Baez is now trying to contact Cpt. James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise to see if he will take time out from his 5-year-mission to pursue these scalawags! Updates coming soon.
Lanie
edited to add: And also for Casey to demonstrate an act of good faith by returning ET's sunglasses.

:blowkiss:Thanks Lanie!

Question:

When ET phones home, will there be an "Extraterrestrial Pings" thread? Cuz those ping experts over there, have some fantastic maps and are already working double overtime.

Wow sounds like he lost all hope. What a great lawyer you have there KC. I don't think the A's can get another lawyer for her. No one will do it pro bono like this winner. :rolleyes: Hope she enjoys the nice accomodations of her long vacation she is about to go on.
No one has said he is doing this Pro Bono. ;)

She and her mother, Cindy Anthony, arrived together at 10:45 a.m. Casey Anthony was clutching a notebook with the words 'Media Coverage' on the side.
~snip~

Two more items have been added to the list of issues to be discussed Friday at a hearing at the Orange County Courthouse. Anthony's attorney, Jos&#65533; Baez, is asking Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to seal Anthony's home-confinement schedule -- dates and times when she leaves her house for appointments.

He also wants the judge to order the state to turn over any evidence favorable to his client, such as names of people who might help establish Anthony's innocence and the names of any undercover agents in the case.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-100908,0,7768931.story (Bolded by me)

You KNOW they're going to try to blame the media for all the negative (aka TRUE) information about KC that's out there in the public. "She can NEVER get a fair trial now!" they'll whine. Because that's probably the best they got!!

I thought if their testimony could incriminate themselves in any way, they can also plead the Fifth. I might be mistaken tho. Anyone know?

"I doubt they'll call her, but if they do, I think it will be a pointless venture," Baez said.

"I don't think it's in her advantage to testify in a proceeding where it's a one-sided affair."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-100908,0,7768931.story

"I doubt they'll call her, but if they do, I think it will be a pointless venture," Baez said. First thing I've ever agreed with him about!! You think just because she's sitting on the stand, suddenly the truth will spill forth?? NOT! It would truly be a pointless venture having her up there.

~snip~

Clearly he has got nothing in way to defend his client from the client. He has to ask for possible information from the prosecution and law enforcement to actually defend his client. The better part of that request is that they want names of people that the Anthony family can get revenge on imo. I wonder if Lee has been ousted?

There is no question he will eventually beg for a change of venue before trial. I honestly don't think he will get it, but he has to ask. They can find a dozen or so people who have not followed this case and who can be impartial.

While the private investigators were enroute to meet with the man, he was picked up by ZFG in a spaceship being piloted by ET. Baez is now trying to contact Cpt. James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise to see if he will take time out from his 5-year-mission to pursue these scalawags! Updates coming soon.
Lanie
edited to add: And also for Casey to demonstrate an act of good faith by returning ET's sunglasses.
Beam me up Scotty!! The new theory is born.

Clearly he has got nothing in way to defend his client from the client. He has to ask for possible information from the prosecution and law enforcement to actually defend his client. The better part of that request is that they want names of people that the Anthony family can get revenge on imo. I wonder if Lee has been ousted?
The "nanny did it" defense alone tells us they have nothing which will help to defend her. Being that they have to stick somewhat with her intitial statement, it won't leave them anywhere to go except to split the fam and blame another member there. Just saying...

Quote: I think you're right. She'll be like Scott Peterson. I don't think he will ever tell the truth about what happened.
In addition to saving her own skin, it is her mother CA whom KC's lies are intended to protect from the truth. And for this reason I continue wondering if she wouldn't, in fact, rather face the full force of the State of Florida--whatever that may bring--than to admit a negligence scenario and face her mother's wrath. We shall see what else the State prosecution has, but with or without Caylee's body, the one thing it must have in order to proceed with the charge of murder is a working theory. If the State of FL goes forward w/ an indictment for murder (vs manslaughter, negligent homicide or whatever it's called in FL), for KC to effectively deny or present a defence against charges that Caylee's death was intentional and/or pre-meditated would seem to require, ultimately, an admission of guilt to nearly every other charge she presumably will face--including not only the neglect and false statements with which she is already charged but obstruction, tampering and destruction of evidence, abuse of a corpse (or whatever it's called in FL), et al. Which is itself a HUGE gamble but then also got me to wondering how many years she would be facing (in FL) just on these charges?

Quote: There seems to a disconnect from normal society in the family. It appears that the house operated on lies and it was the norm. They lied to each other and it was easier just to believe each other's lies. When they realized that the rest of the world doesn't operate in this manner they were shocked and now feel that anyone that doesn't believe their lies are the bad people. It appears from interviews and by lawyer action that their only goal and thought process has nothing to do with Caylee, but revenge and retribution against those that don't buy into their culture of lies.

ITA The collusion is absolutely mindboggling. References are made in this thread to KC's unlikeliness to ever 'forgive' those 'friends' who 'turned' on her (ie told the truth or cooperated with LE). All so absurd really (as if any of the people who were deceived, stolen from or misused by her in some other way could possibly be in any need of her forgiveness) but it's so true! Because amazingly in her strange, twisted thinking, in the warped world of a narcissist, it is afterall she in the end who's been somehow wronged, betrayed or victimized. Scary, but so right on the money.

I looked it up, and it seems you are correct. My interpretation of what I read says a person can refuse to testify if what they have to say can be self-incriminating. Generally, the judge takes the person aside and asks, the person has to answer the judge, then the judge makes the determination of whether or not they can plead the fifth.
Lanie

Lanie

To invoke a right which is guaranteed by the Constitution cannot be deemed against the policy of the Court, no matter what type of proceedings are going on, secret, like these will be, or otherwise.

In real life, (as opposed to theorizing) I have seen cases dismissed at trial because half-way into the thing, the prosecution's main witness (without whom the case wasn't proveable) invoked the 5th amendment right to keep the mouth closed.:gavel:
Bad guy walked, but Court could not order witness to forego the Constitutional protections...

Welcome to WS ,Lanie!:blowkiss::Welcome-12-june:

Not that I believe anything the Globe says...but the only one we have not heard from in all of the doc dumps is Annie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back