WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get a Grand Jury moved? I mean, I'm sure Baez would have something to say about it being right here. Can this be a factor? I just want to make sure everything is nice and tight for any potential trial!

wow, TES and the Grand Jury all in one week....Karma is coming for Casey.

right after JB asks for Casey to be allowed to roam around secretly searching...

I wonder how he will try to spin this one?

I think KC wants to flee hence the motion to search in secret places..my guess is JB knew this was coming next week..

It is my hope that there will be justice for Caylee. It looks like we're finally starting down that path.

Let's hope she doesn't try and run (escape) in the meantime.

I'm relieved by the news...but I'm keeping my expectations low, for now, until the charges come down and we see that perp walk. (I'm looking so freaking forward to that perp walk). Had to take a break from this case because of all the ups and downs and then *nothing*, so this is a great day to have come back. Godspeed to the prosecutors and jurors. Let's give Caylee some justice.

Now, if the Grand Jury does not think there is enough evidence to bring this case to trial, will the prosecution get another shot later if they find more evidence? Or is this all they get?

Well maybe something was found on those searches and thats one reason Tim and LP are coming back to Orlando, they might be testifying for the grand jury

This is the best news I have heard all month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NG is gonna be a good one tonight!

The cherry on top would be Tim & LP finding a body when they get here...

I have no clue how a GJ works but I sure hope they get an indictment

C'mon TIM!!!!!!!

Hope I did this right.....if not please redo....TIA

State Seeks Homicide Charge Against Mom Of Missing Caylee
3-Year-Old Last Seen In Mid-June

POSTED: 3:18 pm EDT October 8, 2008
UPDATED: 3:59 pm EDT October 8, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony may soon face homicide charges in connection to the disappearance of her missing 3-year-old daughter Caylee, Local 6 News reported.

The State Attorney's Office is planning on presenting its case to a grand jury next week, according to Local 6 News. The grand jury will then decide if prosecutors have enough evidence to charge Anthony, the report said.

http://www.local6.com/news/17662297/detail.html

Welcome, It'sME !!!! Thanks for the good news! You scooped this bombshell development!
:dance::dance::dance:

http://campus.udayton.edu/~grandjur/faq/faq1.htm

Good Grand Jury Explanation

Snip follow link for full documents:
What is a grand jury?

A grand jury is a group of people that are selected and sworn in by a court, just like jurors that are chosen to serve on a trial jury (such as the jury in the O.J. Simpson criminal case or in the Louise Woodward ("au pair") murder case). In fact, the grand jurors are usually chosen from the same pool of people that provide trial jurors: A judge selects and swears in a grand jury, just like judges select and swear in trial juries. But grand juries differ from trial juries in several ways.

Lady Justice.jpg (28459 bytes) For one thing, grand juries may sit for longer. In the federal system, a grand jury can sit for up to 36 months, although it doesn't have to sit that long. The court that swears in a new grand jury can extend its term in 6-month increments, for a total of 36 months, but a federal grand jury may only sit for 18 months or so. State grand juries sit for varying terms: Depending on the state, a particular grand jury may sit for a month, six months, or even a year.

Unlike trial jurors, though, grand jurors don't convene every day. By the summer of 1998, for example, the D.C. grand jury that Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr was using to investigate the alleged relationship between President Clinton and former White House intern Monica Lewinsky was sitting two days a week. And even that is unusual; many federal grand juries sit only one day a week, and some may only sit twice a month. State practice varies, but a state grand jury might sit twice a month, or even only once a month. Sometimes, the grand jury doesn't convene unless a prosecutor asks it to, because the prosecutor has cases he or she wants the grand jury to hear.

Unlike trial juries, grand juries don't decide if someone is guilty of criminal charges that have been brought against them. Grand juries listen to evidence and decide if someone SHOULD be charged with a crime. In the O.J. Simpson case, the prosecutors were going to ask a grand jury to charge Simpson with murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, but the defense attorneys persuaded the court that the grand jurors had heard too much about the case to be able to make an impartial decision. That is, the defense attorneys filed a motion saying the grand jurors were too prejudiced by what they had seen on television and read in the papers to be able to review the evidence against Mr. Simpson impartially, the way a trial juror should. The judge agreed with the defense attorneys, which is very unusual. Normally, defense attorneys fail when they try to claim that a grand jury is biased. Courts reject these claims on the theory that all the grand jury does is bring charges, so even if a grand jury is biased, the person they charge can still prove their innocence at trial. But a California judge bought the defense's argument in the case of O.J. Simpson (perhaps because of the extraordinary publicity surrounding Mr. Simpson) and, instead of trying to start over with a new grand jury, the prosecutors used another method to charge Simpson with the murders.

Very good news, with all the info it could take a while thou.

If the Grand Jury decides in favor of homicide charges, I wonder if Casey will be arrested right away. There will be no getting out on bond with a homicide charge. After next week, Casey might never know freedom again, or at least not for many many years. Better fluff that hair, Casey. The big show is about to begin.

I thought and said here yesterday she will never leave that court hearing tomorrow except to jail.

What made me believe that was LP coming into Orlando tonight and Tim coming.

Well the prosecutor now feels he/she has enough for charges, even without little Caylee's body. Thank God!

Excellent work, LE!

Justice for Caylee!

Now, if the Grand Jury does not think there is enough evidence to bring this case to trial, will the prosecution get another shot later if they find more evidence? Or is this all they get?

They can either give a true bill or a no true bill. They can basically say there is not enough evidence and convene one later when there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd