Woman destroys 19th century fresco

no words.................

I tried to read the quote, "The once-dignified portrait now resembles a crayon sketch of a very hairy monkey in an ill-fitting tunic, he says.", to my husband but I was laughing so hard I had tears.

Then I saw the pictures and started choking from laughing so hard.

Wow,I needed that.:floorlaugh:

Just think how many people all over the world this woman has made laugh. Well done Grandma!

"Hey Ralph, looks like Botticelli's 'The Birth of Venus' could use a little touch-up. Who we got available that works cheap?"

I think that this piece of art will still be invaluable.

As a what not to attempt example in art schools across the globe.

Grandma's always teach lessons of the long haul dont they?

It would be really sad if it wasn't so funny!

:floorlaugh:

Still I hope it can be removed and restored properly. I hope the town gives the poor woman a break, I'm sure she did have the best of intentions.

I think Jesus would agree,the PERSON is much more important than any object.
Maybe a life lesson for those angry with her.

I agree ....Priceless! You just can't make this stuff up.:rolling:

How many people had heard of this artist and this fresco? Now it's an international sensation! I'd bet it's worth more now. :D

Oh my gosh, the fresco-destroying woman wants to get her piece of the pie? :spit:

Here's more...

http://www.funnyordie.com/slideshow...te-ecce-*advertiser censored*-tribute-gallery

Attachments

• 59a47f4124f8ef6634078e4f77652f46_width_600x.jpg
    59a47f4124f8ef6634078e4f77652f46_width_600x.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 9
Here's more...

http://www.funnyordie.com/slideshow...te-ecce-*advertiser censored*-tribute-gallery

OMG those are hilarious!

8f7d7650c39aeab105f8b83b3778cf04_width_600x.png

I think Jesus would agree,the PERSON is much more important than any object.
Maybe a life lesson for those angry with her.

I do feel kind of bad for her, because you guys are right, she did seem to have the best intentions. I'd say more blame lies with whoever allowed her to try to restore the fresco.

I feel a little less badly for her now that I see she wants a cut of the $ being charged to see it. But then again, I wonder why they are charging people to see it or even allowing people to see it. I guess if the $ will go toward restoration then it's okay but really they should maybe just let the hubub die down so this poor woman can get some relief. Turning it in to a tourist attraction just seems like they are rubbing it in. And I don't think we;ve heard anything from whoever it was who allowed this woman to attempt to do what only a professional should be doing. Maybe there has been something but I just haven't seen it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back