Woman eats ex's goldfish after spat

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by spamelope, Sep 30, 2009.

1. spamelope

spamelope Active Member

PASADENA, Texas - Authorities say a Houston-area woman who was burned up at her former common-law husband fried their pet goldfish and ate some of them. Pasadena police say it's a civil matter and no charges will be filed. The seven goldfish were purchased together by the couple during happier times.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33088053/ns/us_news-weird_news/

I'll bet PETA jumps all over this one!

2. Loading...

3. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

That is just disgusting. I don't see why they can't file charges against her.

4. believe09

believe09 Active Member

He is well rid of her. How evil can you be....

5. spamelope

spamelope Active Member

I think they could probably file charges against her if they wanted, because they were pets-not just community property. I'm sure PETA will apply pressure until she's charged with "animal" (fish?) cruelty. At least I hope they do.

6. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

Ewwww..that is gross ! I was just going to clean my aquarium when I saw this post...lol

7. spicedtea

spicedtea Member

That's just plain evil. To kill and eat something considered a pet to someone else as an act of revenge is sick. She's one crazy woman and need to be watched,hope they didn't have children.

8. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

Whoa. She is one sick puppy. I can't imagine how angry and off-the-wall crazy you'd have to be to eat a pet.

If the pets had been kittens or puppies, this woman would be up on all kinds of charges. I don't understand why they can't file charges, either. These were not fish in a stream to be caught and eaten, they were PETS.

9. PorcineGranny

PorcineGranny crabby old lady!

I think they didn't charge her because in our society most fish are considered food. Another thing is that fish don't have vocal cords so they can't scream in pain although there is scientific proof now that fish do feel pain.

It was a vindictive act and he should count his blessings he is not with her. I don't understand people that think injuring or killing someone's pets or children is a way to retaliate for what they perceive as a wrongdoing. These people are idiots.