Woman lives on Pizza

Gozgals

Reaction score
Snip
A British woman has taken way too many pieces of the pie.

Claire Simmons, 33, said she's eaten only plain pizza for the past 31 years and has been told she could die if she doesn’t change her diet.

The Notting Hill native said she gags if she eats anything other than cheese and tomato pizza, and begins to shake if she is given any other type of food, according to The Sun, which also recently reported on a woman who eats nothing but chicken nuggets.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/weird/Woman-Warned-About-Pizza-Only--139279913.html

Goz

They had women on Anderson Cooper recently who ate only specific foods and nothing else.They wouldn't even try other foods.I think one only ate fries.

I'm so glad I love my vegetables.

I don't really believe this.

Hi dave,

I can't get the article up now but I read today it was some
type of medical condition she suffers with as do some of
the others.
I studied nutrition in college yet I never heard of this.

I have, as you all probably heard of people who live on BigMacs
for years.

Goz

Hi dave,

I can't get the article up now but I read today it was some
type of medical condition she suffers with as do some of
the others.
I studied nutrition in college yet I never heard of this.

I have, as you all probably heard of people who live on BigMacs
for years.

Goz

The article says the condition is called Selective Eating Disorder. I will have to do some reading about it. The thing that really made my hinky meter go up was when she said that she is actually scared of fruits and vegetables....lol. Just seems super over the top to me.

It must be pretty boring just to eat the same pizza every day for 31 years, I understand it might kill her and she has Selective Eating Disorder. But I still think it must be boring eating the same thing for 31 years.

Y'all have never watched Freaky Eaters?

There's a plethora of people who just eat weird, random stuff. One guy ate only meat. Another ate corn starch? I know there was one guy who only ate hamburgers. There was a lady who only ate french fries, and it was a certain kind of fries.

There's a plethora of people who just eat weird, random stuff. One guy ate only meat. Another ate corn starch? I know there was one guy who only ate hamburgers. There was a lady who only ate french fries, and it was a certain kind of fries.

I hate to admit I love watching that freaky show. I do think it's a mental disease, like OCD, anorexia, or bulimia. Hopefully there's a cure for this woman.

MOO

Mel

Dieting in high school, (as we all think 5lbs makes us fat) I went on a basic flounder diet w/ some yogurts and other stuff. This was very limited and one gets tired of the repetition. It was easy to get use to eating this boring diet though. After a few days, one does not crave a variety of food. (at least I found this to be true)..

Yet, it was boring so I do not know how someone can do it long term.

Hey, when is that TV Show on? Is it on the cooking channel?

Goz

Well...At least pizza has been reclassified as a vegetable now, that's a plus for her. *sarcasm*

I love pizza but that's a little extreme!!

If it's a true disorder, why not seek help for it about 29 years ago??

-----------
Very interesting program. I also am drawn to the program "Hoarders" for understanding the psychological factors.

On the program "My Strange Addiction" or "Freaky Eaters" -- one of the two, I think you will find that there was a man featured who had eaten only pizza for something like 20 yrs. So there is similar documentation of this.

Anyone know what network shows this program?

Thx
Goz, Interested...

Snip
A British woman has taken way too many pieces of the pie.

Claire Simmons, 33, said she's eaten only plain pizza for the past 31 years and has been told she could die if she doesn’t change her diet.

The Notting Hill native said she gags if she eats anything other than cheese and tomato pizza, and begins to shake if she is given any other type of food, according to The Sun, which also recently reported on a woman who eats nothing but chicken nuggets.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/weird/Woman-Warned-About-Pizza-Only--139279913.html

Goz
I bet she is constipated as all heck!

OMG I just read about Selective Eating Disorder and I have it. Two sons have Mild OCD.

I don't eat pork, chicken, most meats, mushrooms, squash, or any food that has a strong odor like sauerkraut, black eye peas. That cream of mushroom soup smell makes me gag really bad.

I use to eat pork and chicken when I was younger, but during my first pregnancy I became very ill. The only food I could eat was oatmeal. My first two boys are only 10 months apart so I was ill with the 2nd child too. I always thought that was the cause of why I don't eat this or that. Every year I will put a slice of turkey on my plate during thanksgiving. I try but unable to eat it. To me it is like eating feathers. DANG!

OMG I just read about Selective Eating Disorder and I have it. Two sons have Mild OCD.

I don't eat pork, chicken, most meats, mushrooms, squash, or any food that has a strong odor like sauerkraut, black eye peas. That cream of mushroom soup smell makes me gag really bad.

I use to eat pork and chicken when I was younger, but during my first pregnancy I became very ill. The only food I could eat was oatmeal. My first two boys are only 10 months apart so I was ill with the 2nd child too. I always thought that was the cause of why I don't eat this or that. Every year I will put a slice of turkey on my plate during thanksgiving. I try but unable to eat it. To me it is like eating feathers. DANG!

Lera-- Good thoughts going out to you and your family.

Thinking of you. Take care of yourself and thanks for sharing with us about
what you are going through.

xoxo
Goz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members