PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Woman searching for missing son drives over 200ft cliff, goes home to bed

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by zwiebel, Jul 13, 2014.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

This is surely an 'only in Germany in a VW' story....

A Bavarian woman searching for her missing 16 year old son is now under investigation for leaving the scene of an accident without authorization. During the search, she became disorientated and drove - wait for it - over a 200ft mountain edge. You can just see her red VW in the photo.

Not only was she miraculously virtually uninjured, but she turned the engine off, put the handbrake on, and walked home and went to bed. Meanwhile, emergency services had been alerted to the wrecked vehicle and a big air and ground search was underway. It was some time before they discovered the woman was actually safe back at her house.

It doesn't say if her missing boy, who often camps on the mountain, turned up but I'm presuming he must have.

http://www.thelocal.de/20140711/woman-unharmed-after-60-meter-fall-in-bavaria

Attached Files:

2. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Oh, I forgot to say she removed the keys too, of course. A person can get fined for leaving their keys in a vehicle in Germany.

3. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Attached Files:

4. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

that's a neat story - amazing she wasn't hurt....."don't have time for lengthy investigations" --- she's so practical too LOL

if she's charged I wonder if she will protest that she doesn't have time for that process either and prefer to pay a fine?

5. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz New Member

Why do they think she had an accident? maybe she was just parking the car!!

6. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Well-Known Member

Good thing she put emergency break on...

7. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I was going to give her the benefit of the doubt & was formulating all kinds of plausible excuses in my mind until I saw her quote about not having time. Now I feel like she's just a total doofus.