BILL COSBY SENTENCED 3 TO 10 YEARS FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT
JOIN THE WEBSLEUTHS DISCUSSION

woman tries to cash fake million dollar bill at Walmart

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by blueclouds, Mar 10, 2004.

1. blueclouds

blueclouds Former member

2. LP Moderator

LP Moderator Former Member

I wonder what she was trying to purchase. Maybe she was at her wit's end and couldn't feed her family and was desperate??? Of course, if she was trying to be electronic equipment I have no compassion for her.

3. JDB

JDB Tybee you will never be forgotten

Hey DP did you read the part where the USA does not make a 1 Million dollar bil?? Now that tells you how smart this one was. About as bright as a two watt bulb in a bucket of mud ya think? :D

4. LP Moderator

Yeah, I guess I thought we all KNEW already that the treasury doesn't make those bills. LOL I hate to think she's desperate and just trying to feed her family, but something tells me that it was Nintendo in that shopping cart!

5. Elle Kaye

Elle Kaye Inactive

I heard on the news this morning that she was trying to buy $1600 worth of merchandise. It would be hard to believe that is all food.

6. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

I don't understand why she was charged with Forgery.... was she printing these things herself??

7. blueclouds

blueclouds Former member

That's a BIGGGGG shopping cart. :eek:

8. blueclouds

blueclouds Former member

9. Rachael

Rachael Team Rachael

Not to sound rude but who in this world would actually believe that it was real. I hate using 100's and 50's because the cashiers stare at them.

10. LP Moderator

The largest bill they have now is the $100. I thought it was pretty common knowledge. I saw this woman's mug shot on the news last night. She did look pretty clueless.

11. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

Big-bill bearer: Just a mistake

Alice Pike, the woman who gained national attention with her fake $1 million bill, says it's all a big misunderstanding.

In an interview Wednesday from the Newton County Jail, Pike said she never intended to use the fake money to try to buy $1,671.55 in clothes from a Covington Wal-Mart.

But she did think the bill was real.

"You can't keep up with the U.S. Treasury [Department]," said Pike, 35, of Porterdale.

When she was arrested Friday, Pike told police she got the money — which turned out to be a novelty bill that can be bought at a gag shop — from her estranged husband, a coin collector.

Pike said she tried to buy the clothes — T-shirts, shoes, beachwear, beach bags and other items — with two Wal-Mart cards.

But the cashier told Pike she had only a total of $2.32 credit available.

That's when Pike says she pulled a bill from her purse with the image of the Statue of Liberty in the center and "1,000,000" on each corner.

"All I've got is this," Pike recalled telling the cashier.

"I wasn't trying to pass off the bill," said Pike. "That's ridiculous."

Wal-Mart, however, offered a different version.

Store management said Pike tried to pay for the items with the fake money and even asked for change, according to a Covington Police Department report.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/0304/11fakebill.html