Woohoo Here Comes The Snow

Philadelphia is being forecast for 6-12 in. tomorrow afternoon. Here in South Jersey, we're supposed to get 3-6 inches. It's fine by me - bring it on. Of course, I'm a West Coast transplant, so still enthralled with the beautiful white stuff. :)

I love it too. But one time a year. Things get cleansing. We may have some tomorrow.

I'm a Pittsburgher who transplanted myself to CA, and I can't tell you how much I miss all of the white stuff, and the salt, and ashes, they put on the roads in the winter. Now, I don't get to replace my car every five years, and my leather shoes every year, and I had to throw away my galoshes, and my ice scraper. Dang.

Buzzm1 said:
j2mirish, you have the furnace on at 65 degrees?? What a pansy. It's 62 in my home right now, and that is quite comfortable. The computer, and TV, provide enough heat, so that I am probably good until it gets below 60; of course the jacuzzi is heating up to 105, as I speak, and I'll be in it in another 30 minutes, or so.
yep-- call me anything you want!!!!!!!!!--- born & raised in indiana====
cant take the cold at all now-- been in florida for 8 1/2 years-- got a pool- wish i had a warm jacuzzi that might be good -- but then you have to get out of it :eek: -- hubby wants to do solar heat on the pool--- i say why bother...you still have to get out of it, and if its 60 degrees outside......:doh:

Buzzm1 said:
I'm a Pittsburgher who transplanted myself to CA, and I can't tell you how much I miss all of the white stuff, and the salt, and ashes, they put on the roads in the winter. Now, I don't get to replace my car every five years, and my leather shoes every year, and I had to throw away my galoshes, and my ice scraper. Dang.
oh........yuck--- salt.... mud......no leaves on the trees----
thought about mowing the grass today- then decided i could do it tomorrow!
in shorts!!!

j2mirish said:
yep-- call me anything you want!!!!!!!!!--- born & raised in indiana====
cant take the cold at all now-- been in florida for 8 1/2 years-- got a pool- wish i had a warm jacuzzi that might be good -- but then you have to get out of it :eek: -- hubby wants to do solar heat on the pool--- i say why bother...you still have to get out of it, and if its 60 degrees outside......:doh:
Solar would be good for your pool, but would it get too warm, during the summer?? When I was younger, we used to super heat our bodies in the sauna, then dive in the unheated cold pool during the winter. That was always good. I don't have a pool, just a jacuzzi, and a sauna. Hey, maybe I could do a refrigerated cold pool, to go along with the sauna. One of the health spas I belonged to at one time, had a small circular cold pool; they tiled it over after the second death (heart attack). The water temperature was about 40. Only a healthy, in condition person, should ever try that; it's quite a shock to the system.

Buzzm1 said:
Solar would be good for your pool, but would it get too warm, during the summer?? When I was younger, we used to super heat our bodies in the sauna, then dive in the unheated cold pool during the winter. That was always good. I don't have a pool, just a jacuzzi, and a sauna. Hey, maybe I could do a refrigerated cold pool, to go along with the sauna. One of the health spas I belonged to at one time, had a small circular cold pool; they tiled it over after the second death (heart attack). The water temperature was about 40. Only a healthy, in condition person, should ever try that; it's quite a shock to the system.
thats what i am a telling you--- not good to be cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go turn on your furnace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Buzzm1 said:
Maybe it will be the three, three times.
No way man, why use up the whole month's quota in just one night :silenced:

eta -
untitled.jpg
:D

Buzzm1 said:

... Sounds like you're in the right place now Buzz!! Winter's back in a big way here finally. I really like the four seasons we have. I couldn't imagine having no snow during the holiday's. This year the weather kinda sucked during the holiday's with the above normal temps. w/snow and rain. If I was born and raised in a warm climate I wouldn't know what I was missing anyway. BTW, it's 12 degrees out right now and light snow here, but, I guess we're going to miss the nor'easter headed up the coast. We have a lot of Winter left to go here, it's just getting started!! :eek:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
j2mirish said:
thats what i am a telling you--- not good to be cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go turn on your furnace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

... ;) ;) :eek: :eek: :eek:

indigomood said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No way man, why use up the whole month's quota in just one night :silenced:

eta -
untitled.jpg
:D

... Whoooppsss!! I used the wrong quote!!! :banghead:

indigomood said:
LOL, I wonder if it'll be 5 or if it'll be 9? Do I feign a headache or don't I?? :D
Would have been Better a 6 or a 9

indigomood said:
hubby just told me I am going to get 5-9 inches :eek:

... Hey indigo, It's always nice to have options!!! :D And such a wide range of sizes!! ;) :woohoo:

Stan said:

... Hey indigo, It's always nice to have options!!! :D And such a wide range of sizes!! ;) :woohoo:
LOL.......

Stan said:

... Hey indigo, :laugh: It's always nice to have options!!! :D And such a wide range of sizes!! ;) :woohoo:
ROFLMAO - variety the spice of life! One size doesn't fit all...LOL

2.gif
Yay, mr 6-9 is on the couch sawing wood ( I said sawing wood not buffin' wood) as in snoring! Phew, that was a close call!

I was just watching BBC News. Europe is inundated with snow--quite a few roof collapses. So much snow in many areas (about 2 1/2 feet) that the army is out shoveling roofs. Some towns don't have any water (the pipes have burst), or gas. People are all bundled up in their homes. The heavy snows are very widespread, and trains, buses, ect. are snowed in, and more snow is on the way.. They were using snow blowers on some of the roofs as the snow was so deep. It looks like a very critical situation.

Roof Safety Eyed in Snow-Laden Europe

WARSAW, Poland - Snow-laden roofs buckling in central Europe have buried 78 people beneath tons of steel and concrete this winter, raising troubling questions about safety standards and pressures on builders to use lighter materials to cut costs. The search for answers has focused on whether snow that has been unusually wet this season, and therefore heavier, is exposing flawed design standards for flat metal roofs. The collapse of an exhibition hall in the Polish city of Katowice killed at least 63 people Jan. 28. In Germany on Jan. 2, 15 people, most of them children on a school holiday, died when the roof of a skating rink fell in the Bavarian town of Bad Reichenhall.

In at least three other collapses, there were narrow escapes.

Some 100 children made it to safety in the Austrian village of Kopfing on Wednesday after the roof of their school partially caved in. The day before, six people escaped as the flat corrugated metal roof of a supermarket in the Bavarian town of Toeging am Inn collapsed. And last month in the Czech Republic, one person was injured when the roof of a grocery store collapsed. More wet snow fell Thursday in Bavaria, and soldiers and firefighters were enlisted to help clear roofs. The German transport and construction minister, Wolfgang Tiefensee, has called for more scrutiny of public buildings.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060209/ap_on_re_eu/europe_falling_roofs_1

indigomood said:
ROFLMAO - variety the spice of life! One size doesn't fit all...LOL

2.gif
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yay, mr 6-9 is on the couch sawing wood ( I said sawing wood not buffin' wood) as in snoring! Phew, that was a close call!

... Watch out indy, he may be faking!!! :hand: And keep your distance, he's gonna hurt somebody with that thing!!! LOL :snooty: Whoops, have I said too much!!! :silenced: :angel:

Stan said:
... Watch out indy, he may be faking!!! :hand: And keep your distance, he's gonna hurt somebody with that thing!!! LOL :snooty: Whoops, have I said too much!!! :silenced: :angel:
6.gif
Yikes, he woke up, just as you said!

6.gif
now he's asking me if I'm coming to bed??

22.gif
what should I tell him??

23.gif
DANG, I should have kept my distance as you suggested! Injured...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back