Worldwide - Baby Sarah C, 6, World’s Youngest Genius, 22 Nov 2019

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by imstilla.grandma, Nov 22, 2019.

1. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Believer of Miracles

A 6-year-old girl was declared ‘world’s youngest genius’ for solving maximum (2x2) Rubik’s cube blindfolded and also reciting poems in the least time. Baby Sarah C has solved the puzzle in 2 minutes and seven seconds in her attempt to create a Guinness World Record. She was declared genius by the TamilNadu Cube Association on November 22. She recited poems of famous Tamil poet Vairamuthu.
    Meet ‘world’s youngest genius’ who solves Rubik’s cube blindfolded | Latest News & Updates at DNAIndia.com

LadyL and perfectingpink like this.

2. imstilla.grandma

3. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

Is that all? She has nothing on that little guy over there [​IMG]. He can melt a heart in a fraction of a second!! :p

4. imstilla.grandma

How cute. Here’s his buddy watching from the sidelines. Aren’t kids adorable?
    upload_2019-11-23_5-52-18.jpeg

5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Obviously I am NOT a genius, since I don't know the answer to this question---How do you solve the Rubiks cube blindfolded?

Don't you have to see the colours to match them up? o_O

looked it up---far beyond my comprehension/capabilities....but you look at each side of the cube, memorise each side, then begin doing memorised algorithms in your head, to figure out which squares need to be moved and where...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  6. imstilla.grandma

I was thinking the same thing Katy. The only thing I could come up with is the cubes used come out of original packages for each contestant they have previously learned/played/worked with. I could be 106 and not ever learned how to do it with perfect sight. It’s always been fun trying.

perfectingpink likes this.