Would a reward help?

wonderllama

Registered Snoozer
Reaction score
HOTYH got me thinking in one of the other threads...

Given most of us here believe the Ramsey's are in some way responsible for the crime, are we doing ourselves a disservice by not wishing there to be a significant reward on offer?

It makes sense for those folks who lean towards the intruder theory, so why not the rest of us?

Here in Australia, nothing seems to jog the memory of people like a nice juicy reward (classy bunch aren't we).

So...why not?
For RDI types like myself, the obvious response is..."well, they did it and nobody else was there", but the reality is, we've now entered our 15th year since this murder took place, even if it WAS someone in the house, there's been 14 years for info to leak.

A nice "$1 Million reward for information leading to the arrest of the killer of JonBenet Ramsey on 25/26 December 1996" announcement from the relevant parties is sure to get people talking, including, one assume, Mr Ramsey himself.

For us RDI types, it might flush him out a bit....back into the public spotlight and scrutiny.

A win/win for IDI & RDI alike.

Given most of us here believe the Ramsey's are in some way responsible for the crime, are we doing ourselves a disservice by not wishing there to be a significant reward on offer?

It makes sense for those folks who lean towards the intruder theory, so why not the rest of us?

Here in Australia, nothing seems to jog the memory of people like a nice juicy reward (classy bunch aren't we).

So...why not?
For RDI types like myself, the obvious response is..."well, they did it and nobody else was there", but the reality is, we've now entered our 15th year since this murder took place, even if it WAS someone in the house, there's been 14 years for info to leak.

A nice "$1 Million reward for information leading to the arrest of the killer of JonBenet Ramsey on 25/26 December 1996" announcement from the relevant parties is sure to get people talking, including, one assume, Mr Ramsey himself.

For us RDI types, it might flush him out a bit....back into the public spotlight and scrutiny.

wonderllama,

Might work if someone calculated they would get a larger payoff going down that route than accepting a brown envelope from an RDI associate?

Otherwise there were once four people alive who were resident in the house the night JonBenet was killed, now there are only two. One is a millionare, and the other on his way, but both have every incentive to bury the case.

You no longer see John Ramsey on the media promoting justice for JonBenet, silence is golden.

All true, but if the FBI or Police or State post a reward, it would seem unusual for there not to be a Ramsey statement associated with it I'd have thought.

I believe the Rs offered a reward. No takers. Probably because anyone with actual knowledge was either a family member, friend, lawyer or someone who'd be afraid to come forward because of previously mentioned.

If I am not mistaken, the reward offered was first $50K and then $100K. Who knows, if someone knows something a $1,000,000.00 reward might be enough to get someone to say something?

If I am not mistaken, the reward offered was first $50K and then $100K. Who knows, if someone knows something a $1,000,000.00 reward might be enough to get someone to say something?

Maybe that's why it WASN'T more!

Those rewards were all Ramsey-hosted though weren't they?

Those rewards were all Ramsey-hosted though weren't they?

One of the tabloids offered a million, I think.

But I'm sure even given the information, getting the reward would be...

well...

impossible. Still its more than LE ever did.

Maybe that's why it WASN'T more!

That has been my thought process all along Dee Dee, especially considering the Ramsey and Paugh wealth.

One of the tabloids offered a million, I think.

But I'm sure even given the information, getting the reward would be...

well...

impossible. Still its more than LE ever did.

Link please. Thank you. Also, why would getting the reward have been impossible? Also, if this is true, maybe there was a lot of motivation for Chris Wolfes (sp?) girlfriend.

That has been my thought process all along Dee Dee, especially considering the Ramsey and Paugh wealth.

Link please. Thank you. Also, why would getting the reward have been impossible? Also, if this is true, maybe there was a lot of motivation for Chris Wolfes (sp?) girlfriend.

np

JonBenet Ramsey Reward History

January 15, 1997 Globe offers $50,000 Reward (AP 01/15/97)

April 27, 1997 Ramseys offered $100,000 Reward

June 23, 1997 Globe offered "1/2 Million REWARD For JonBenet's Killer" (Globe 06/23/97)

April 11, 1998 John Ramsey offered 1 Millon dollar reward
("with the help of friends") (DOIpage266)

September 28, 1998 John Ramsey offered the $100,000 to the killer's family
(Denver Post letter from John Ramsey in Response to the Resignation of Detective Lou Smit)

December 26, 2001 Lin Wood is quoted in USA Today
"family no longer has the $100,000 reward it had been offering" (USAToday 12/26/2001)

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence-reward.htm

Odd that they no longer have $100k considering their alleged personal wealth.

Another thing I find strange is that John Andrew said that the amount in the ransom note (118k) was so low that he could pay it. If 118k is such a low number to this family, then why didn't they offer a higher award for information about JonBenet's murder? Eventually, they did get a million dollar reward but it took about two years.

Doesn't John still have his private jet? I'm pretty sure they still have a house in Michigan and Atlanta plus Burke's 5 years of out of state college tuition. I think they do have enough left for a 100k reward.

Also, didn't Lockheed Martin buy Access Graphics before JonBenet's murder? Since John was the founder and CEO of AG, how much money did he make from that deal? It had to be in the millions. John Ramsey was making 1 million dollars a year before JBR's murder; Patsy spent 30k on one party. They probably don't have as much as they did but considering that John hasn't worked since 1997, and he still owns multiple homes plus a jet, I'm going to assume that they have plenty in the bank.

What they REALLY meant was that they didn't get enough in DONATIONS to "help find the killer" to cover the reward. Of course, no need to offer up personal money. It wouldn't ever need to be paid. But a strange legal glitch might occur if someone WERE to find one of them responsible and make it stick- they'd be paying a reward to someone for turning themselves in. Maybe it was just easier to say they didn't have the money anymore.

IMO no reward would help because I am starting to believe some pretty influential people are involved in this.Someone just convinced me that it's how I always felt it to be,RDI+IDI.Maybe there were even two crime scenes.The Ramsey home was staged but it started somewhere else.And PR doesn't even know the entire truth but JR does.It's not black(RDI) nor white(IDI).It's so damn grey and that's why they can't figure it out.All they wanna see is black or white,like ST and LS.Maybe it's somewhere in the middle and that's why the evidence is so confusing.(points to both rdi and idi if we're honest enough to admit it)

:twocents:

I think the R's used most of their wealth on defense lawyers and PR representation; plus the fact they had a certain lifestyle to maintain. John really hasnt worked since then, plus add the campaign money used for his election bid in Michigan.
One of the things I do find odd is that with all this tragedy and the time gone by..Johns relationship with Beth Halloway...why hasnt he taken the opportunity to get out there and advocate for missing children? why hasnt he run the talk shows in an effort to improve his public image? (Especially after he was "cleared") Why hasnt he become more involved with pedophile laws? I know the RDI will have the pat answer that he doesnt want the truth to come out. Could be that I guess. I would love to talk to Beth Holloway and see what she has to say about John.. I dont see JR as the perpetrator of this crime, and hes way too smart to be behind the ransom note. I truly wonder if he thinks its possible that PR did this and he just cant/wont go there in his head. If you dont see it, its not there.

I think the R's used most of their wealth on defense lawyers and PR representation; plus the fact they had a certain lifestyle to maintain. John really hasnt worked since then, plus add the campaign money used for his election bid in Michigan.
One of the things I do find odd is that with all this tragedy and the time gone by..Johns relationship with Beth Halloway...why hasnt he taken the opportunity to get out there and advocate for missing children? why hasnt he run the talk shows in an effort to improve his public image? (Especially after he was "cleared") Why hasnt he become more involved with pedophile laws? I know the RDI will have the pat answer that he doesnt want the truth to come out. Could be that I guess. I would love to talk to Beth Holloway and see what she has to say about John.. I dont see JR as the perpetrator of this crime, and hes way too smart to be behind the ransom note. I truly wonder if he thinks its possible that PR did this and he just cant/wont go there in his head. If you dont see it, its not there.

I have also wondered why John doesn't do anything to help the missing/murdered children cause. I can understand him not joining one of those support groups that goes to DC with Lunsford, Van Dams, Runnion, Klaas, etc because I'm sure many of them are RDI and it would be very awkward if John were to join. If I was a parent of a murdered child and someone wanted to join my support group who I believe was a child killer, I would have a huge problem with that. John could easily get on any news channel to give his input on cases like Klaas and Runnion do. However, if he were to do that, there would be a lot of controversy about whether it's appropriate for someone who many believe to be guilty of killing his own kid, to be talking about the latest missing child.

I have also wondered why John doesn't do anything to help the missing/murdered children cause. I can understand him not joining one of those support groups that goes to DC with Lunsford, Van Dams, Runnion, Klaas, etc because I'm sure many of them are RDI and it would be very awkward if John were to join. If I was a parent of a murdered child and someone wanted to join my support group who I believe was a child killer, I would have a huge problem with that. John could easily get on any news channel to give his input on cases like Klaas and Runnion do. However, if he were to do that, there would be a lot of controversy about whether it's appropriate for someone who many believe to be guilty of killing his own kid, to be talking about the latest missing child.

IDK, eileenhawkeye... For all we know, he may have attempted and been turned down. I'm not making an unfounded claim here, just idle speculation. I think that if it had happened, most of the people I know of who are victim advocates have too much reserve to not go running to the press reporting such a thing. Does anyone know exactly how JR and Beth met?

So...why not?

Don't take this wrong, wonderllama, but that sounds like a bounty more than a reward.

IMO no reward would help because I am starting to believe some pretty influential people are involved in this.Someone just convinced me that it's how I always felt it to be,RDI+IDI.Maybe there were even two crime scenes.The Ramsey home was staged but it started somewhere else.And PR doesn't even know the entire truth but JR does.It's not black(RDI) nor white(IDI).It's so damn grey and that's why they can't figure it out.All they wanna see is black or white,like ST and LS.Maybe it's somewhere in the middle and that's why the evidence is so confusing.(points to both rdi and idi if we're honest enough to admit it)

:twocents:

Very interesting Madeleine! Does 'someone' believe the IDI was involved in the murder, or just the staging. I agree with your assessment of things possibly being gray, however I believe that is more in relation to the staging, as I find it hard to believe that Patsy would have written the ransom note, had she not in some way been involved or covering for another immediate family member.

I do believe that there are some people who may know more than has been told. I wonder if these people that testified before the GJ would even legally be able to say anything that may implicate the R's and if they did, if they would implicate themselves for obstruction of justice?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back