Would You Be Afraid To Report A Crime/Evidence/Missing Person?

Would You be afraid to report a crime/evidence/missing person

• I would call LE ASAP

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I would look the other way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would depend if it is a crime/evidence/or a missing person sighting

Votes: 16 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted the "maybe" vote. The name Richard Jewell keeps coming to mind. His plight was even worse than what Roy K has faced.

But I do think I would call LE immediately.

Your dad is a true hero, Angel Who Cares. And the Angel doesn't fall far from the tree.:) I have a personal reason to be thankful for people like your dad, because I had a similar near abduction experience at 3 years old. If a good Samaritan had not intervened I would not be alive today. (perp is long dead and gone) And I have (obviously) lived on to make a lot of noise! LOL.

So please people, be brave. Trust your gut instinct and report suspicious behavior. You may save a life. I know.

To Angel's dad:

:blowkiss:

I will let him know what you said Indigo. There was no way he was going to keep driving by & ignore what he saw. I'm glad someone stepped in & helped you too! :blowkiss: My dad's hobby is photography & he just knew it wasn't a place he would take any little one to pose for pictures inside of a run down barn. My mom was scared to leave him there but he just made the guy stay put until LE arrived. The guy wanted to leave but my dad told him NO! I can vouch for the fact if my dad says no you better listen to him. He has that tone & look he gives & you know he means business. With him raising 7 of us we all knew & were brought up to have manners in public & to help those in need. We never had much but if we could share or help we did!
Thanks for your kind words! :blowkiss:

Yeah my Dad was Chief of Police at the time - the guy Richard Ramirez robbed, beaten, murdered and raped I think 4 or 5 people in California - he's on death row right now

He pretended to be a handyman and said that my Grandpa hired him t do some work - well Grandma didn't know, but Grandpa passed away few days prior - it happened at night, my Grandma was on sleeping pills -he came in through the kitchen door, he beat my Grandmas head on the toilet and he had defensive wounds on her hands from trying to shield a knife - he tried to cut the diamond rings off her fingers! He beat her to a pulp and I'm sure he thought she was dead when he left - her whole face was broken

Anyways, she was in a coma for a long time, lost her memory, had seizures, had 7 heart attacks in the hospital so they put her in a coma - but you know what, her face was reconstructed, she still wore her diamond rings, and she lived for about 15 more years in a home by our house - she made almost a full recovery - she was quite a lady (and I have those rings that jerk tried to cut off her hands)

AND my Dad was trying to convince my Grandma to have me sleep on the couch that night to keep her company - I might had been killed that night - how scary!

I thought I recognized that name...How awful that you had to see your Grandma beat like that. She sounds like she was a tough cookie to have survived such a beating. If the bystanders who recognized him ignored it who knows how many more innocent people he would have harmed.

Your dad is right so many women get abused day in & out are too afraid to report it. They feel that they have no way out be it financially or the perp has them brain washed to feel like failures. That they can't do any better then them. (It even happens to men!) Bless you & your family for all that you have been through. I'm glad you didn't stay the night uou might not be here today.
That must have been one heck of a wild ride for you! :crazy:

If I were Roy Kronk, I'm not sure how I would react next time. I haven't had his experiences, so the question poses a blank slate for me. But I think Roy Kronk is fed to the back teeth with public perversity. The old kidnapping charge grew out of an SOS call from a former girlfriend, later out of state and needing rescue. He went. He rescued her. Her new man pressed the charge of kidnapping when he lost control of the woman. No indictment but Roy didn't hide it, why should he? But now another good deed, that he had to repeat over & over & over & over again is punished with smears about who he is and loaded questions about his discovery.

Tomorrow is Roy's birthday. I hope flares reach the heavens and party horns keep everyone awake. I hope it is the fizziest, most festive birthday of his life and that it launches a fresh epoch of good fortune. Good Samaritans should be rewarded with gratitude and acclaim.

Tuba has a beautiful website dedicated to Roy Kronk:
http://clothespin.synthasite.com/

Posted by Tuba below:
I posted a comment about Roy's tribute web site at Fox Orlando and the web site software converted it into citrusleaf's Newsroom, a blog. I am concerned because Roy said that the material about him on the internet is awful. Therefore I know he is exposed and I wanted the tribute to be accessible so I put the link at Fox. I repeated some of the salute to Roy there.

I hope Fox puts it up soon so those who believe him to be "Caylee's Hero & Angel" can post messages to him.

This link to the page has a mesage from WS's on it:
http://clothespin.synthasite.com/for-roy-m-kronk.php

I'd never report a crime using my name if it involved the mafia or the mexican m-whatever they're called. I'd stay anonymous if possible in other things , but I would definitely expect to be treated rudely by cops possibly the first report and for sure any follow up reports. I might even consult an attorney first and ask him to do it if the family were suspect . If the family wasn't suspect, I'd probably just contact them directly and not even bother with LE.

LOL your polling WS'ers here...

As of 7:30PM Pacific...

The poll, after being open since 8:15AM, has got 47 voters.

40 said yes. 7 said it depended on the crime..

Interesting

FifthEssence opened a thread for those who would like to post a "Thank You" & "A Happy Birthday Message" to Roy Kronk! It's his birthday tomorrow PLEASE stop by & leave him a message & check out the tribute website Tuba made for him. Tuba is trying to notify OCSD to let him know about both. He has been bashed enough for reporting his suspicions in Aug & for finding Caylee. I'm sure he would finally have positive messages for calling LE! He can use these to keep his spirit up in the days to come & during the trial. He did the right thing like I would do call LE when he thought he seen something suspicious in the woods. If it wasn't for him being "Caylee's Hero & Angel" she might have still been thrown out in the woods like trash. With KC thinking HA HA they haven't found her & I'm going to gey away with murdering my daughter!

That's how this thread came about if you would report a crime/evidence/or seeing a possible missing person! Thank You In Advance for leaving him a message from Tuba, FifthEssence, Me & everyone else who would report any crime!

Message from FifthEssence:
We've opened a THREAD dedicated to Roy Krunk.
Link to leave Roy Kronk positive messages & Birthday Wishes:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3201523#post3201523

Link to Tuba's Tribute website "The Eagle":
http://clothespin.synthasite.com/

For Roy Kronk:
http://clothespin.synthasite.com/for-roy-m-kronk.php

Now for me to think of a beautiful message to leave to him myself! LOL Busy day with all of the docs etc. :crazy:
:angel:

As of 7:30PM Pacific...

The poll, after being open since 8:15AM, has got 47 voters.

40 said yes. 7 said it depended on the crime..

Interesting

That is interesting! I'll be checking to see what others vote after they notice the thread with all of the docs dumped today! I almost didn't put the 3rd choice but felt it was needed. I'll be curious what the tally will be in the days to come.

Thank You Everyone for your kind words about my dad! :blowkiss:It tickled him to hear your comments since his stroke 3yrs ago all of you made him SMILE very big today. Guess what the subject was over dinner, with his therapist today & his aide??? :rolleyes:

I'd report. Along w/ our rights as citizens, we also have responsibilities and obligations. Depending on the circumstances, I might use a little more discretion, but I would report. It is my duty IMO.

Report it.... Report It ! ! ! R E P O R T ~~~ IT ! ! ! ! !
We Must !!!!!!!!!! We Have to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is our duty to mankind...... we must put ourselves into the
victim's place.... WHAT IF IT WERE US>>>> Wouldn't we want
someone to HELP ! ? wouldn't we want someone to stand up and
be a witness ! It could even be anonymous .............
ANONYMOUS is OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in a town w/ high crime & gangs !

Yes I am scared ! ! ! But I want to help STOP Crime !!!!
especially against
Children & Old people..... and ESPECIALLY AGAINST SOMEONE I LOVE!!!

so............... YES ! YES ! ! ! ~~~ Y E S ! ! ! ! ~~~~~~~~

we must.... because.... If we don't = the next victim might be US or
some one that we love dearly ! ! !

I believe Mc Gruff Dog says " HELP STOP CRIME"

" JUST DO IT !!!!!!!!!!"

********* Ps Thanks Mr Kronk !!!! & Happy Birthday to YOU ! ! ! !

God BLess !
jjgram

* * * I have in the past stepped in and stood between
an adult slapping and pulling the hair of a child...
yes... I was scared... but I had to do it...
I said... " L@@KS like you think you are fighting with
someone your own size.... BUT YOU ARE Abusing a Small Child
here on the public street in front of me...and my child and
that is NOT OK ! ! ! You need to take a time out..
and consider the punishment you are taking against a child !"

the man told me to back off or he would hit me....
and I said " GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT" he raised his hand....
I ..... was praying
Dear God.... :HELP ME ~~~ Make him stop !
but the Look on the little girl's face was " THANKS!"

the man said " butt out old lady !"
I said " Thank You for doing what God Wanted you to do...
stop hitting your little girl...and choosing Not to hit me!" & "
PERHAPS you have other troubles on your mind.. and you might
handle them in a different manner ! We All get upset , but
Children are smaller than us and we have to be careful or
we might really hurt them / therefore we would have even
bigger troubles.. & I'm sure You Love your little girl and
want her to LOVE YOU BACK !"

*** Maybe ~~~ Just maybe he decided to not do it again !
I hope he did NOT go home and beat her...
but at least .... the little girl.... saw an ADULT take up for her !
Her Dad was Angry and out of line... and out of control
on a public street at a Parade.... NO OTHER ADULT SAID ONE WORD!
but a couple of people said "THANK YOU TO ME!"
and then My own child said... " Thanks Mommy for taking up for
the Little Girl...and Thanks Mommy for Not Hitting me and pulling my
hair like that man did to his little girl !"

I am not taking the credit...
I was scared...
But I just knew I had to do it....
I believe God told me to do it !

*** I have called the " tip line " manytimes
re: wreckless Drivers
Drug Deals
People having Domestic Fights
Purse Thefts
Because...... LE are the Professionals that are equipped to

HANDLE THE DISPUTES

Sorry if I'm preaching !

ALSO " THANKS TRAC & Angel Poster.....:clap:
Glad that You and your Fathers and Family Help others...:clap:

Thanks for All Web Sleuthers for helping to achieve
JUSTICE FOR LITTLE ANGEL C A Y L E E ! ! ! :blowkiss:

God Bless !
jjgram

That being said, I live in Fla and after this case, I would NOT give a statement to police on anything. I would talk with them, I would testify in court for them, but I would not sign a statement nor consent to being recorded. I would not want to risk being dragged into a mess like this by the media.

Hard to say until the situation happens.

Years ago, in the space of one week, I was a witness to a murder and an attempted murder.

I wound up on the news with the murder, misquoted all over the place. This was a slam dunk, and the perp decided to not go for a trial and pled out.

But the attempted murder was another story. The attempted murder involved 2 people that I considered friends. The fella that attempted to murder the other guy pointed a gun at my head as he walked out of the building and tried to take me with him. I refused to go. Not very politely, either. The other guy was shot.

Of course I spoke to the police. But I didn't want to give them my info in this case.

I was afraid the guy might come after me (when one gets a gun pointed to their head, it gives one pause.)

I didn't want to go to court and testify. Of course, I wound up going. And because of my testimony, which was honest testimony, the perp got off! He should have spent at least a few years in jail. But he was a nice guy and the only thing I had bad to say about him was the fact that he tried to kill the other guy. Because of this, he wound up with probation. I ended up being a character witness, what I saw meant zilch.

I did not feel the sentence was fair, and if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't open my mouth - I don't think. I lost both of these guys as friends - the one who got shot because of my glowing testimony, and the perp because I opened my mouth.

Hard to say until the situation happens.

Years ago, in the space of one week, I was a witness to a murder and an attempted murder.

I wound up on the news with the murder, misquoted all over the place. This was a slam dunk, and the perp decided to not go for a trial and pled out.

But the attempted murder was another story. The attempted murder involved 2 people that I considered friends. The fella that attempted to murder the other guy pointed a gun at my head as he walked out of the building and tried to take me with him. I refused to go. Not very politely, either. The other guy was shot.

Of course I spoke to the police. But I didn't want to give them my info in this case.

I was afraid the guy might come after me (when one gets a gun pointed to their head, it gives one pause.)

I didn't want to go to court and testify. Of course, I wound up going. And because of my testimony, which was honest testimony, the perp got off! He should have spent at least a few years in jail. But he was a nice guy and the only thing I had bad to say about him was the fact that he tried to kill the other guy. Because of this, he wound up with probation. I ended up being a character witness, what I saw meant zilch.

I did not feel the sentence was fair, and if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't open my mouth - I don't think. I lost both of these guys as friends - the one who got shot because of my glowing testimony, and the perp because I opened my mouth.

technicalconfusion That's a bummer that you had to lose two friends over this. I can't believe the guy only got probation for shooting some one in the head. That's attempted murder for goodness sakes!
I can understand why you feel the way you do!
Thanks for telling us your story! :blowkiss:

i voted i'd call LE asap
i wouldnt care if i got flamed or harassed or whatever, i'd do it for the victim...

ANGEL this a very good question.....I wanted to carefully think about it before I voted...I voted to tell ASAP....When I was 18 my father was audited by the Criminal Division of the IRS and committed suicide by placing a loaded 38 in his mouth....I will NEVER EVER forget that day....It DEVASTATED me....I would like to think that if it had not been at home and someone had found him that they would report it...

ANGEL this a very good question.....I wanted to carefully think about it before I voted...I voted to tell ASAP....When I was 18 my father was audited by the Criminal Division of the IRS and committed suicide by placing a loaded 38 in his mouth....I will NEVER EVER forget that day....It DEVASTATED me....I would like to think that if it had not been at home and someone had found him that they would report it...

TSPnc My prayers out to you & your family. I don't even know how I would feel if that happened in my family. I'm sure he is watching over you & your family and is your angel now. He is always around though you can't see him I believe when we leave this world that they are still a part of our life everyday! :blowkiss:

I have a sister who is suicidal & when she makes a threat on the phone to me I hang up and call 911 A.S.A.P.! She is learning though to not say anything but even if I suspect something by the tone of her voice I call them. I worry all of the time that one of these days she will succeed. She has tried so many times I can't even count them anymore. It all started when she was raped at our grandmothers grave site & she hid that she was raped until she had a breakdown. She tried that day to kill herself with a drug overdose & that was 20yrs ago. She did finally report it & had his license plate wrote down & saved which helped to convict him. It's sad & hard now to go visit my grandma's grave because of this :curses: ! :furious:

I too have & will always report any type of crime no matter what.

Your father & you are in my prayers! :praying:
:angel:

I'd be on that phone with LE in a heartbeat...and just thinking about CA & her antics just makes me want to :puke:

:cowboy:
Hell no I wouldn't be scared....I would report it in a flash!!:viking:

With last weeks sad ordeal with George, who I'm praying continues to get medical care he hasn't looked well for months.
Why I'm bumping this is BC did call LE & 911 quickly when he realized George was in distress.

I myself have had to call for the same reason & as recent as last night for my sister, who is getting the care she needs again! The poll in this thread covers many different reasons to call or not to call!

I am still curious as to how my fellow WS's feel about this topic!
TIA

Angel Who Cares, I have given this so much thought since you first started this thread. I have to be completely honest, if I lived in a state such as FL, where information about periphreal witnesses was released to the media and put up for public scrutiny as the witnesses in this case were, I would be hard pressed to voluntarily provide information to the LE. They would have to use a court order to get me to consent to an interview.

I weighed it in my mind over and over and I would not put my Husband and children through the ordeal of having their Mother's life and possibly details of their lives scrutinized by the public.

It pains me to be that honest, I wish I felt differently. However, I do not live in a state such as FL, I live in TX as of now. I would come forward immediately if I witnessed a crime or had knowledge criminal activity. But my choice would be contingent on how it would impact my children who have no choice if I were to live in FL or another state that had such liberal freedom of information.

Just me being as honest as I know how to be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back