WS ebay sellers, consider donating for Katrina relief

BirdieBoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I posted this under disaster updates, I hope it's ok to post the same here, I feel it's relevant to both topics:

About clothing donations: Here's an article, they say clothing donations aren't a good idea right now.

What we have done, and what we are doing, is cleaning out our closets and auctioning items on ebay through MissionFish and ebay giving works. The way it works is that you can auction items and designate a percent of the proceeds (up to 100%) towards particular charities of your own choosing. Right now, our donations are going to United Way of Greater New Orleans, and Salvation Army.

It's something that works for us, it may not work for other people, I don't have much cash on hand to donate since I JUST went back to school full time and spent a boatload of money on books and supplies, Ebay auctioning is a bit of work but I can feel good about the fact that I am generating some money for charity by work I can actually do right at home.

Just something to think about, I know some of the other WS peeps sell on ebay, too.

BirdieBoo said:
I posted this under disaster updates, I hope it's ok to post the same here, I feel it's relevant to both topics:

About clothing donations: Here's an article, they say clothing donations aren't a good idea right now.

What we have done, and what we are doing, is cleaning out our closets and auctioning items on ebay through MissionFish and ebay giving works. The way it works is that you can auction items and designate a percent of the proceeds (up to 100%) towards particular charities of your own choosing. Right now, our donations are going to United Way of Greater New Orleans, and Salvation Army.

It's something that works for us, it may not work for other people, I don't have much cash on hand to donate since I JUST went back to school full time and spent a boatload of money on books and supplies, Ebay auctioning is a bit of work but I can feel good about the fact that I am generating some money for charity by work I can actually do right at home.

Just something to think about, I know some of the other WS peeps sell on ebay, too.
Thank you for notifying us about this. I've called a shop in my city that consigns items to sell on e-bay. You don't even have to be an e-bay seller, just drop your items off, they take the pics, post them, auction & sell. I have a call into the consigner to see if I can do this and donate through Mission Fish.
I'm sure many cities have little shops like this...if this sounds good to you, I'd urge you to do it. You'll want to make sure that the consignment shop is a reputable e-bay seller, of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back