WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

DH called a while ago to tell me that he was still waiting in his car to have a pre-colonoscopy Covid test. He had already waited 40 minutes and knew that he was not next in line. This will be DH's third Covid test (the other two were prior to returning to work), but he didn't have to wait long for either of those. Besides the long wait, the Gastroenterology practice sends patients to a particular lab facility for pre-procedural Covid tests. The facility is about 10 miles from us! Thankfully, the outpatient location for the colonoscopy is much closer to home.

DH called a while ago to tell me that he was still waiting in his car to have a pre-colonoscopy Covid test. He had already waited 40 minutes and knew that he was not next in line. This will be DH's third Covid test (the other two were prior to returning to work), but he didn't have to wait long for either of those. Besides the long wait, the Gastroenterology practice sends patients to a particular lab facility for pre-procedural Covid tests. The facility is about 10 miles from us! Thankfully, the outpatient location for the colonoscopy is much closer to home.

I hope he is home by now!

I hope he is home by now!

His wait ended up being an hour. Prior to the Covid test, DH stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods to pick up Red Wing face masks that we ordered and paid for online. After the Covid test, DH went for his Friday swim, then called me from Nino's to make sure he wasn't forgetting something that we needed. I started worrying when he wasn't home within 10-15 minutes; turns out DH was rear-ended by a college student from New York.

Very little damage to DH's SUV, but young man's Jeep got crunched. They exchanged personal and insurance information, and the young man's father called about an hour later. He doesn't want to file an insurance claim, and DH said he was fine with settling once he knows how much his repairs will cost. The college student involved in the collision is finishing an internship here in Michigan and will be returning home shortly. DH isn't in a hurry to get his vehicle repaired and will take it in sometime next week. What a way to begin retirement :D

Last edited:
A relative of mine in their 70s went into hospital over the weekend after a fall. They have tested positive for covid today. Two others on the ward have also tested positive. My relative did not leave home before her fall so they must have caught it in the ward. They have several underlying health conditions. As a family, we are all very worried.

The hospital itself is in an area of the UK with one of the lowest infection rates. I wish I could say they are receiving a good level of care, but they were given the news in a very blunt way which confused them. I hope the clinical care is better :(
Replying to my own post with an update. My aunt has just died in hospital. She was sent home on Monday, deteriorated and went back in yesterday but was not able to recover. I dont have any more words right now, feeling shocked and devastated really by the unfairness of it all.

Replying to my own post with an update. My aunt has just died in hospital. She was sent home on Monday, deteriorated and went back in yesterday but was not able to recover. I dont have any more words right now, feeling shocked and devastated really by the unfairness of it all.
I am so sorry :( to hear about your aunt.

:(Ohno So sorry to hear this. My condolences.

I'm so sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back