WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

Please if you have time - place a quick prayer to your higher source for my brother-in-law. He is dying on a ventilator. My sister says he will be meeting their 16 year old son in heaven soon. She was admitted with covid a few days after he was. She’s been released but he was undergoing chemo at the time for a liver cancer so the doctors say to pray for a miracle. I believe. I believe. I believe. Please believe with me. Another sister is also just now recovering from covid. My granddaughter is back healthy. Two of my nephews have covid. My 83 year old mama fell and broke her foot. We can use all the love and prayers in the world for his nurses and doctors. He’s such a really really good human being. Thank you. ❤️
Prayers with you and all of them. I just couldn't "like" your post. Keep us posted please as to progress.

Please if you have time - place a quick prayer to your higher source for my brother-in-law. He is dying on a ventilator. My sister says he will be meeting their 16 year old son in heaven soon. She was admitted with covid a few days after he was. She’s been released but he was undergoing chemo at the time for a liver cancer so the doctors say to pray for a miracle. I believe. I believe. I believe. Please believe with me. Another sister is also just now recovering from covid. My granddaughter is back healthy. Two of my nephews have covid. My 83 year old mama fell and broke her foot. We can use all the love and prayers in the world for his nurses and doctors. He’s such a really really good human being. Thank you. ❤️

Adding my prayers for your brother-in-law and those who are caring for him, your other family members with Covid, and you.

Prayer going up that all of your prayers are met. ((Hugs))

... and this is how it happens.

Friend of family(~70's) lives in a condo where lots of snowbirds come. She was sitting outside socially distancing with 3 other elderly folks and the sun was in her eyes, so she asked them to come in for a bit. They all say "they are keeping very safe" mind you. So after they discussed if they should wear masks while having coffee and yacking for a bit, they decided nope, we're all careful and good... so sat around for an hour last weekend 8 days ago.

This past Wednesday, she got a call from 2 of the friends that visited her condo and they were driving back to the north and told her they were positive for COVID. She said she felt fine that am. Welllllllllllllll, that pm she started getting sick (headache, etc) and went to get a PCR test (rapid test was $100 so she went with PCR, which took 3 days to get results)

During the time of that weekend and through the week, the family friend helped and elderly 97 year old neighbor to get into bed and took food up to her condo.

Well, you guys here know where this is headed.

Friends from up north are sick with COVID
Friend of family is sick with COVID
Elderly 97 year old as of Saturday 2 days ago tested.... has COVID

DAMN IT FOLKS!!!

Oh, and the comment to me was "but they weren't sick or had symptoms when we visited"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I JUST WANT TO SCREAM....

I also want to butt in and ask if she has talked to her doc about getting Remdisivir or Regeneron.... oh, what to do.

Last edited:
Replying to my own post with an update. My aunt has just died in hospital. She was sent home on Monday, deteriorated and went back in yesterday but was not able to recover. I dont have any more worlds right now, feeling shocked and devastated really by the unfairness of it all.
I’m so sorry. This nasty cowardly virus is affecting the world’s quality of life. It is taking away our comfort and happiness. My BIL made it through the night. They tried to take him off the ventilator but he struggled to breathe so he was placed back on. He is still with us. We never know though, do we? I’m just so very very sorry for you.

... and this is how it happens.

Friend of family(~70's) lives in a condo where lots of snowbirds come. She was sitting outside socially distancing with 3 other elderly folks and the sun was in her eyes, so she asked them to come in for a bit. They all say "they are keeping very safe" mind you. So after they discussed if they should wear masks while having coffee and yacking for a bit, they decided nope, we're all careful and good... so sat around for an hour last weekend 8 days ago.

This past Wednesday, she got a call from 2 of the friends that visited her condo and they were driving back to the north and told her they were positive for COVID. She said she felt fine that am. Welllllllllllllll, that pm she started getting sick (headache, etc) and went to get a PCR test (rapid test was $100 so she went with PCR, which took 3 days to get results)

During the time of that weekend and through the week, the family friend helped and elderly 97 year old neighbor to get into bed and took food up to her condo.

Well, you guys here know where this is headed.

Friends from up north are sick with COVID
Friend of family is sick with COVID
Elderly 97 year old as of Saturday 2 days ago tested.... has COVID

DAMN IT FOLKS!!!

Oh, and the comment to me was "but they weren't sick or had symptoms when we visited"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I JUST WANT TO SCREAM....

I also want to butt in and ask if she has talked to her doc about getting Remdisivir or Regeneron.... oh, what to do.

:eek: I wonder which person(s) was contagious at the get-together.

Too many people have not learned that a person with Covid can infect others even if they are not sick or having symptoms. We need widely disseminated info/education campaigns to hammer that message home, along with the urgent need to wear masks, socially distance, and wash hands often.

If you butt in, don't forget to say that there are TWO antibody treatments, Lilly's as well as Regeneron's.

Replying to my own post with an update. My aunt has just died in hospital. She was sent home on Monday, deteriorated and went back in yesterday but was not able to recover. I dont have any more words right now, feeling shocked and devastated really by the unfairness of it all.
I am so sorry you're experiencing this loss. Virtual hugs to you.
I'm so behind on these threads and going backwards now trying to catch up so I apologize for delayed response. You're definitely in my prayers

I’m so sorry. This nasty cowardly virus is affecting the world’s quality of life. It is taking away our comfort and happiness. My BIL made it through the night. They tried to take him off the ventilator but he struggled to breathe so he was placed back on. He is still with us. We never know though, do we? I’m just so very very sorry for you.
Thank you Imstilla, v kind of you. I just read your post about your BIL and family. I'll be thinking of you and hoping.

My Covid-19 started two weeks ago on Dec. 6th, and it's now Dec. 21 today. I want to share my experience now because maybe someone else will get something out of my sharing. I'm usually a very private person and sharing this much about myself is from concern for all the good people here.

I do have compromised lungs (older, and an ex-smoker 4 yrs.) I use home oxygen when needed, but I have been doing so well that I don't normally need to use my oxygen often. I live in a building and there's elevators. Some wear masks, some don't, and I avoid them all. I do go out and use Walmart as an exercise place... that's where I'm convinced I got it... from the Return Customer Service Lady - we stood close and she talked forcefully through her mask. I got restless after self-isolation during Thanksgiving, and the next week hit Walmart where everybody wears a face mask. Anyways--

First few days thought it was mild.
  • dry cough, slight headache, and pain in middle of chest from having to burp constantly and heartburn. Temp was 99.5F and never got higher throughout entire sickness.
  • The dry cough was not that hacking, the headache was only bad for a couple days, some mild nausea, that slight fever, taking Tylenol helped relieve these symptoms.
Then...
  • CHILLS, lots of chills the entire week and a half. Stayed in bed, didn't seem to urinate much even tho' drinking water.
  • I could still taste and smell fine, and never lost taste or smell, but had a horrible taste in my dry mouth for over a week. I felt constantly dehydrated and my stomach kept burning like I developed an ulcer. I tried to eat, but too weak to care actually eat the food.
  • Fatigue and weakness made it impossible to worry using any energy to go for a test. I thought I was working through it and improving some, but new symptoms kept cropping up.
Then, it took a turn for the worse.
  • Middle of week is when it started to affect my already compromised lungs. My oxygen saturation kept dropping, going from 97% to 92% or lower, so I started using my home oxygen 24/7 constantly, but would wake up feeling suffocation. It increased where I was getting really out of breath and my lungs were giving me a scare every night.
Got to Day 12, and it didn't seem mild or improving. I was afraid.
  • Got a hold of my doctor, she ordered a drive thru test and Prednisone and an antibacterial that works on lungs. I managed to get myself there. Test results came back Positive the next day.
  • The Rx's helped. I went from not eating hardly at all and having that burning stomach to eating a bunch on the Prednisone. Getting stronger from that for sure.
  • Lungs still weak, must use oxygen to do everything, but no suffocating feelings anymore. When I started to have a productive cough it has always been a clearer phlegm not like a green color like with cold or flu.
  • Living alone, I kept trying to get advice, but my online provider posted "Go to ER if Lungs affected". Well, the ER's are filled and ambulances backed up they say on the news. I finally called an Advice Nurse and she had helped get my doctor to call me that day. That may have saved my life actually. My advice now would be to act faster.
I hope this doesn't turn on me lulling me into thinking I'm improving when I really have a pneumonia. No fever though, and eating and sleeping better now.

Please know how sorry I am that people here are losing family members. I don't want to make light of how bad Covid-19 can get. My son, a trucker, and my 8 yr. old GD had mild cases a couple of months ago. It's a Shape Shifter, and everybody needs to be as aware as possible. Forgive me if I've run on too long, but maybe one member here will get something out of my experience. Today my doctor's office staff called to tell me to stay in Quarantine until Dec. 27th (20 days) and any changes to be concerned over. Hope you all stay healthy and safe. Don't push it to be social for the Holidays, just do what you can to stop the spread.

My Covid-19 started two weeks ago on Dec. 6th, and it's now Dec. 21 today. I want to share my experience now because maybe someone else will get something out of my sharing. I'm usually a very private person and sharing this much about myself is from concern for all the good people here.

I do have compromised lungs (older, and an ex-smoker 4 yrs.) I use home oxygen when needed, but I have been doing so well that I don't normally need to use my oxygen often. I live in a building and there's elevators. Some wear masks, some don't, and I avoid them all. I do go out and use Walmart as an exercise place... that's where I'm convinced I got it... from the Return Customer Service Lady - we stood close and she talked forcefully through her mask. I got restless after self-isolation during Thanksgiving, and the next week hit Walmart where everybody wears a face mask. Anyways--

• dry cough, slight headache, and pain in middle of chest from having to burp constantly and heartburn. Temp was 99.5F and never got higher throughout entire sickness.
  • The dry cough was not that hacking, the headache was only bad for a couple days, some mild nausea, that slight fever, taking Tylenol helped relieve these symptoms.
Then...
  • CHILLS, lots of chills the entire week and a half. Stayed in bed, didn't seem to urinate much even tho' drinking water.
  • I could still taste and smell fine, and never lost taste or smell, but had a horrible taste in my dry mouth for over a week. I felt constantly dehydrated and my stomach kept burning like I developed an ulcer. I tried to eat, but too weak to care actually eat the food.
  • Fatigue and weakness made it impossible to worry using any energy to go for a test. I thought I was working through it and improving some, but new symptoms kept cropping up.
  • Middle of week is when it started to affect my already compromised lungs. My oxygen saturation kept dropping, going from 97% to 92% or lower, so I started using my home oxygen 24/7 constantly, but would wake up feeling suffocation. It increased where I was getting really out of breath and my lungs were giving me a scare every night.
  • Got a hold of my doctor, she ordered a drive thru test and Prednisone and an antibacterial that works on lungs. I managed to get myself there. Test results came back Positive the next day.
  • The Rx's helped. I went from not eating hardly at all and having that burning stomach to eating a bunch on the Prednisone. Getting stronger from that for sure.
  • Lungs still weak, must use oxygen to do everything, but no suffocating feelings anymore. When I started to have a productive cough it has always been a clearer phlegm not like a green color like with cold or flu.
  • Living alone, I kept trying to get advice, but my online provider posted "Go to ER if Lungs affected". Well, the ER's are filled and ambulances backed up they say on the news. I finally called an Advice Nurse and she had helped get my doctor to call me that day. That may have saved my life actually. My advice now would be to act faster.
I hope this doesn't turn on me lulling me into thinking I'm improving when I really have a pneumonia. No fever though, and eating and sleeping better now.

Please know how sorry I am that people here are losing family members. I don't want to make light of how bad Covid-19 can get. My son, a trucker, and my 8 yr. old GD had mild cases a couple of months ago. It's a Shape Shifter, and everybody needs to be as aware as possible. Forgive me if I've run on too long, but maybe one member here will get something out of my experience. Today my doctor's office staff called to tell me to stay in Quarantine until Dec. 27th (20 days) and any changes to be concerned over. Hope you all stay healthy and safe. Don't push it to be social for the Holidays, just do what you can to stop the spread.
So sorry you have had such a frightening time of it Curious. Thank goodness you have your oxygen at home. My advice is continue to go slow with your recovery and when you're tired rest, if you're hungry eat, but keep drinking even if you have drinks on a kind of schedule to remind yourself (I had tea at 3pm for instance). Keep in touch, here for you.

HKP

Then...

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you got medication that helped, and I pray you have a full recovery. Hugs!

So sorry you have had such a frightening time of it Curious. Thank goodness you have your oxygen at home. My advice is continue to go slow with your recovery and when you're tired rest, if you're hungry eat, but keep drinking even if you have drinks on a kind of schedule to remind yourself (I had tea at 3pm for instance). Keep in touch, here for you.

HKP

Thank You. I know you had Covid early on. I am fortunate and grateful to have Home Oxygen, which most people would not have handy. I appreciate your suggestion of tea. Yes, must drink a lot of fluids. I now also have No Salt Chicken Broth which helped settle my stomach some.

I was feeling so dehydrated and tried to keep drinking water and Gatorade which I don't like at all. Dry mouth, bad taste, wished for an IV to replenish me. This week I have Pedialyte Advanced Care Plus and it's so much better than the Gatorade. It has some Zinc in it, and tastes pleasant. You have to finish the bottle within 48 hrs., but it can replenish more of your electrolytes.

Thank You. I know you had Covid early on. I appreciate your suggestion of tea. Yes, must drink a lot of fluids. I now also have No Salt Chicken Broth which helped settle my stomach some.

I was feeling so dehydrated and tried to keep drinking water and Gatorade which I don't like at all. Dry mouth, bad taste, wished for an IV to replenish me. This week I have Pedialyte Advanced Care Plus and it's so much better than the Gatorade. It has some Zinc in it, and tastes pleasant. You have to finish the bottle within 48 hrs., but it can replenish more of your electrolytes.
That sounds good. Years ago a GP advised my son to drink flat Coke after he had a bad dose of food poisoning! Not as healthy as your Pedialyte I bet.

As I started to come out of it I noticed some new small scaly spots on my torso. No bother, just odd and they went away on their own. In case you have anything like that, just mentioning.

The shape shifter description is so accurate!

I did everything I was supposed to do and somehow still got sick.

For me, it started on 12/7. We had winds and I thought it was just allergies. It wasn’t until I couldn’t taste anything that I realized it might now be allergies and decided to test. And I had enough common sense to stay home until I got my results.

I’ve been very fortunate that it’s not worse, but just when I started feeling a little better, the fatigue kicked in. One day you feel ok and the next you feel bad again.

Don’t dismiss your symptoms because they seem minor...the person you could potentially spread it to may not be as fortunate.

... Don’t dismiss ... the person you could potentially spread it to may not be as fortunate.
So True. There are visitors, and some residents, coming in and out of my building that won't wear a face mask and are taking the elevators. Everybody has to wear them in stores, but no one can enforce it in this building unless they put a guard at the door. Lots of elderly people live here and it's just plain selfish to not at least wear a face mask.

When this first started, I put signs near the elevators "Wear a mask, Wash your hands, Don't kill Grandma." I'm not the stupid one, they are.

Somebody gave these real people the virus. That one woman knew she was dying, and had such a beautiful presence of mind. This is a real World Wide Pandemic happening everyday now. Do what you can to protect others and yourself. Prayers for all who were taken or have lost their loved ones.

7 Stories From America's Coronavirus Graveyard: Deaths Pass 300K | Across America, US Patch

I’ve been very fortunate that it’s not worse, but just when I started feeling a little better, the fatigue kicked in. One day you feel ok and the next you feel bad again.
Just want to say, glad to hear it sounds like you are getting better. Escaping it's clutches takes a lot sometimes. MOO here-- Got to watch it though as we're saying... it changes, hides, and reveals another side of itself, and is really a Shape Shifter. Now, it's trying to mutate, but hopefully can't do it fast enough with the vaccine on the way.

@Curious Me
Thanks for sharing that, appreciated :)I know I find it helpful to read real world experiences. Especially since it all seems so random / symptoms. Total roll of the dice it seems sometimes
.I want to share my experience now because maybe someone else will get something out of my sharing. I'm usually a very private person and sharing this much about myself is from concern for all the good people here.

Praying for everyone. Y'all make sure you drink! My poor bestie had only a "mild" case. Kind of like a mild flu. But now she has permanent kidney damage and is doing dialysis.
Mine seems to push harder on my heart. I can't tell if it is directly affecting the heart, or just that my body is struggling so hard to fight it. Our hospitals are turning people away. I have no idea when my poor dear daddy's earthly remains will be dealt with, because the funeral homes are utterly backlogged.
I'm slowly getting better. Not entirely sure how thrilled I am about it.
Contract tracing finally called me. It's been over two weeks, and they are very fixated on fevers, so it was pretty bloody useless.

Also, pulse oximeters are really great investments.
Agree so much with this. Even now my GP has advised me to take a reading after any form of exercise to make sure levels are ok whilst I build my strength up. I sent one to my parents months ago too.

With my bp monitor, thermometer and oximeter I feel quite organised!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back