WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
snip-snip-snip

You would seem to believe that public servants and public records should be public in name only.

No, I don't believe that. I believe these records should be public. But I also believe that decency and common sense require that there's a time to act and a time to wait. During a search for a missing child, I don't think that everyone and anyone who wants to hear a 911 call needs to take LE away from more pressing duties to satisfy their curiosity. Ask the press to get their hands on it so that it's out there for everybody who wants to hear it.

When a child is missing, vs. an adult, people panic, as clearly the child did not leave on their own or cause their own disappearance. LE has (IMO) some sort of responsibility to let the community know at least enough to determine the safety of their own children.

I don't think LE knows what happened here, but the few things they have offered indicate that without saying so, they do not believe this child was abducted by a stranger. They are offering up almost everything but that, as a possibility, as far as I can make out. So without saying so, I think they are saying so (that this is not some random child abduction.) I really think their actions are being hampered by mom's pregnancy and the lawsuit. They are in a bad spot. JMO

The law allows for public records to be held and it is a balance between the right to know by the public and the need to protect an investigation.

There are ways to request public records and the holder of the public record has an obligation to follow the law and either give you a reason for denying the request or provide the record in a timely fashion.

In the case of a missing child, a police investigation and possibly a criminal investigation, the public's right to know, and the need to protect the investigation are not on the same level.

While we want to know things it is imperative first and foremost that the investigation be protected.

The law doesn't automatically give us a right to the record. Police Investigation is clearly a section of the law which allows the record to be held until such time as the need for secrecy has ended.

My feelings about whether family members of a missing child/person should make public appearances/pleas during these situations has changed a lot over the years, especially recently. And that's because of the internet. It seems like every family is 'damned if they do, damned if they don't'. If they aren't front and center, they're talked about in a negative way. If they do put themselves in the forefront, they're talked about in a negative way. Their demeanor, their words, the way they look--all of it is dissected to the nth degree. Whatever they do or say, it isn't the 'right' way to act when one's family member is missing.

I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree with this. Not pertaining to this particular case, but missing persons cases in general. Sometimes it's far too easy to see what you want to see and forget about keeping a 'neutral' mindset. I also always think of past cases where parents/a parent has been hounded and criticized and put through hell by the media and the public, when it turns out they were never involved. Suspecting them as one of the possibilities is the right thing to do, but when the media and public practically beat them with sticks and spit on them before there is hard proof, imo, is a witch hunt.

Again, no offense to anyone, I am not talking specifically about this case, or WS, but the medias need to put a rope around a neck and how quick society is to gossip, presume, judge and then tighten the noose.

Still thinking of you Aliayah.

In another high profile case, the 911 calls were released a month later.

On July 24, the Orange County Sheriff's Office released two 911 calls that were made by Casey Anthony's mother on the night of July 15.

Source: http://investigation.discovery.com/...anthony_full_coverage/caylee_anthony_911.html

JULY 15, 2010 -- Judge ruled Cindy Anthony's initial 911 calls can be heard in trial.

JULY 24, 2008 -- Deputies release 911 tapes and call center opens to help with search tips.

It's my understanding the media requested the release of the 911 calls in the Caylee Anthony trial.

I think if we hang tight the 911 calls in Baby A's case will be released as well.

my opinion only,

Thanks

Source: http://www.baynews9.com/casey-anthony-timeline

ETA: another case that came to mind was Trenton Duckett. He went missing on August 27, 2006, and the 911 call was released on September 25, 2006.

Source: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0609/25/ng.01.html

http://centralregionaljail.info/

As inmates are added, the webpage will update. It appears that either no one has been added today. It is possible that the booking photos are manually added at this jail, so we may not see them until Monday.

If this is a regional jail, there should be AFIS. AFIS is used just about everywhere, even in small towns now. When you book someone on AFIS, you even scan the fingerprints in electronically. If that person is wanted anywhere, you will get a 'hit'. The AFIS even prints out fingerprint cards.

Almost all jails are required to have AFIS now, even the privately run ones. Almost no one 'rolls prints' manually anymore except in court for probation. An exception would be if the AFIS was down or the electricity was out for some reason. After booking on AFIS, you can do your own jail booking sheet on your computer system and that is information on the charges, medical/personal information, etc., and would also be kept for the jail census (count) and so forth. You also take a booking photo in addition to the one you take with AFIS.

In Louisiana, you can keep an arrestee sitting handcuffed to the bench waiting to be booked for up to four hours. There is also no law I know of that says you have to list the bookings until you are ready and want to. Some places only update after a 12 hour shift ends and a new one comes on. We updated our pages every hour or so.

MOO

IMO If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck..........................When a sick child allegedly leaves on their own the clock starts ticking at a fast pace or the child is doomed.How many days in the woods,sick,hungry,thirsty,cold ,afraid, and wild animals roaming around does the child have?IMO something stinks to high heavens in this moms story.Lawsuits should not color the investigation IMO,not when a child is missing.

I have been trying to figure out a reason that the mother of this babe went driving to look for the babe. Apparently, she didn't ask anyone if they had seen the child, didn't notify the neighbors, nor did she call 911. I can't help but believe that whatever happened to AL was in the house and she took the kids out for a drive while someone removed her.

That makes sense to me. Had she approached neighbors or asked anyone if they had seen a small girl wandering around then I might have believed the story. It just rings true to me that she was removing the other children so they didn't see whatever was wrong with the little girl.

Unless something like this is what happened the whole story is nonsense to me. JMO

I have thougt about that too maybe she had a idea of someone that may have taken her such as a dealer, pedo or another unsavory character known to the mom and sd and she went to see if she was there. IDK but thts the only scenerio that makes sence to me

Since the FBI is involved, would it be possible to take someone involved in this case to a federal facility instead? Or does anyone arrested have to go through the local system first?

The arrestee would have to be booked in at the regional or local facility first. There are no Federal jails that I know of. With Federal charges, there is the paperwork they themselves would do, then the arrestee would be taken to the local/regional facility for booking there. It is not until after a conviction that the person would go to a Federal prison. Any jail has to be approved to house this type of arrestee (Federal), though, and it is possible he/she would be transported to the closest large city.

MOO

In another high profile case, the 911 calls were released a month later.

On July 24, the Orange County Sheriff's Office released two 911 calls that were made by Casey Anthony's mother on the night of July 15.

..that would be 9 days later melanie, it was approximately 9 or 10 days also before we heard the 911 call in the zahra baker case.

..i'm hopeful we'll hear it soon.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25442681/detail.html
..zahra missing october 9th----911 call released october 19th.

Wanted to report that we took a drive up past/around Bendale. The swinging bridge had no one near it. So apparently searching that spot is complete. The church and the armory has some cars, but not nearly the amount of the previous days (this would indicate less volunteers at the church and outside). It is in the 40s and raining and I am sure that has slowed the amount of community volunteers. Sooo nothing to report at all.

In my opinion, any subject arrested in connection with this case will be in violation of state laws. So the central jail would be the facility used.

BBM:
Unless arrested by the FBI or U. S. Marshall service.

Interstate kidnapping can be Federal.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members