WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peazzzer

I hate liars. Hate em.
Reaction score
I Hate this. Hate it. That poor little soul. If you won't love and take care of your kids, give them to someone who will. Please.

deelytful1

*~a mere mortal~*
Reaction score
http://www.statejournal.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=110155

WESTON -- Like many others in Lewis County, Jared Ballard, 18, has been affected by the disappearance of Aliayah Lunsford, 3. His school, Lewis County High School, sits across the street from the Lunsford's Bendale home.

"Obviously when helicopters are flying around that's a little distracting when you're taking tests," Ballard said.

OK, what? This is the strangest angle for a story :waitasec:

AmandaReckonwith

Defective Detective
Reaction score
Website
app.photobucket.com
If these dimwitty reporters would like to see what real reporters ask about, they could take a look at a few other cases... good example the Jahessye Shockley case. Reporters dug up info and asked the cops and the grandma.

Knox

Reaction score
Special Agent Jeff Killeen said investigators have recovered video from civillian, governmental and business security systems. This video evidence is now being reviewed, though he could not comment on what might be on the security tapes.

"We have an awful lot of this evidence to look at," Killeen said. "It takes times to enhance the tapes."

Lewis County Sheriff Mike said he appreciated all of the outside support on the case and the support from the community in the investigation.
"There's never been a case like this before here," Gissy said. "I want to resolve it for my community."

"I want to dispel rumors we are not working on this case," Killeen said. "At times investigators are working 24 hours a day on this case."

On a daily basis, there are investigators working the case 12 to 14 hours a day. According to Killeen there are dozens of people working on the case each day. It includes law enforcement and personnel at the various crime labs representing the agencies on the case.

http://www.centralwestvirginian.net/find-aliayah.html

First time I've seen a reference to evidence at the crime lab.

feistygurl

Verified Insider
Reaction score
I know the armory has a security system (signs in the windows) and since they have a fenced lot behind it where they park their vehicles, I would assume they have cameras somewhere on the property. The state highway dept has a yard near there on Skin Creek Road, but also another fenced lot with trucks near the bridge where they were diving. A lot of places around could have cameras, I've just never noted them myself.

I know lots of people who live on bendale, dennison and armoury road cut thru the armory to get to the main road. so i bet they would have them coming and going on their cameras. I also wonder about the marina place thats just across the main road having cameras. Looks like it is a place that stores boats and reapirs them. I know we looked around there but were not allowed to remove the storage covers from the boats.

Shadow205

Reaction score
First time I've seen a reference to evidence at the crime lab.

There has been mention of it before Knox. LE spoke of trying to speed up the processing of evidence. I think that it was right after they removed the family from the house and did the search of it.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to the locals posting on this thread! Your posts with what is happening on the ground is very helpful.

:gthanks::yourock:

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Just thinking of Aliayah this evening and checking for any new developments. I find the apparent plethora of footage (hours) to go through a hopeful lead as who knows what they may see on any one of those tapes from around the community.

I am also glad to see that the local press is still trying to cover teh story when they have no sources from which to get information. I hope they continue to ask questions even when they may well get their fifteen hundredth "I can't comment" "no comment" from LE or are met with silence from those who should want Aliayah's name and story out there the most.

I think that it is very unlikely that they are looking for a live child. I think this is a matter of finding the responsible party and body recovery.

I pray for those in this community whose lives have been shaken by this awful happening and for those involved in trying to bring us all answers.

Westinlund

Verified Insider
Reaction score
http://www.statejournal.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=110155

OK, what? This is the strangest angle for a story :waitasec:

Some people are strongly affected by it, which is shown by the various planned activities and support we are getting for the Aliayah's Law petition.

Others see it as an invasion of their privacy and don't want to be bothered to talk about it.

I could write pages from what I've heard up until this point and maybe someday I will. One thing I do know is that Aliayah has changed the lives of me, my wife and son. I have seen a community come together and I see a community divided. I see parents taking a firmer hold of their children and I see people who just want to go on with their lives.

I hope and pray every night that LE solves this case and brings EVERYONE who is culpable in this case to justice. It is the least that they can do for Aliayah.

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
I hope and pray every night that LE solves this case and brings EVERYONE who is culpable in this case to justice. It is the least that they can do for Aliayah.

<snippped> and BBM

I'll gladly second that emotion.

sktrsmw

Reaction score
Westinlund, bless you for being here on this board and letting us know what is going on in your community. Your imput and perspective are SO appreciated!

mikeysmommom

"A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you
Reaction score
:cry:
You would have to be here to actually see that there are THOUSANDS of square miles that a body can be hidden, and that a determined perpetrator does have the advantage if he/she grew up in such an area.

LE told at least one group of volunteers, including my wife, that the searches by non-LE personnel have ended. They added that any searchers found continuing on their own would be prosecuted for disrupting an investigation and/or destroying evidence.

:cry:

suzyq211

Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
Reaction score

sktrsmw

Reaction score
OMG this is horrifying!
I wonder if any of his sexual crimes were against children? Is he out of prison? How close does he live to Westin?? OMG,...so many thoughts running thru my mind about this pig!

BritsKate

Reaction score
I wonder if any of his sexual crimes were against children? Is he out of prison? How close does he live to Westin?? OMG,...so many thoughts running thru my mind about this pig!

For those convictions his victim was a family member 13-17 years old. He is out of prison after serving a 17.5 year sentence and Weston is approximately 30 miles from Auburn according to google maps.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I do not think he is involved. I'm looking closer to home. ;)

deelytful1

*~a mere mortal~*
Reaction score
http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...ion-narrows-in-aliayah-lunsford-disappearance

"Video evidence in the form of home security systems and the form of government security systems, other monitoring systems those, that immense amount of data that we have accumulated in the town of South Weston and elsewhere, has been very, very helpful to us. We certainly have narrowed our focus and we have narrowed our timeline down about the circumstances surrounding this missing child," Killen says.

Investigators say the tapes have helped them narrow down the persons of interest list, and confirm the thoughts that it's a murder, a concealment or an abduction. One or more people may be involved in her disappearance, and they could face a variety of charges

SO VAGUE!! Aaargh! :sigh:

cachmo

Reaction score
This makes me so sad. Im on here everyday checking on Aliayah. I wish there was something to sleuth , at least I could feel like I was doing something productive. I am praying for answers soon. i have faith in the FBI. I hope its not misplaced faith. Prayers for Aliayah

Status
Not open for further replies.