WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the new People magazine this AM with the cover story on little Lisa Erwin and the extensive article inside on the case. I'm sad for Lisa and all the missing children but once again it seems Aliayah has been forgotten by the world at large. Can LL afford an attorney? How can she retain legal representation without money?

I wondered that too ML. My first thought was the lawsuit she filed against the jail. I've seen a commercial on TV, something about receiving money in the form of a loan, for an advance on a legal settlement.

Where else would this woman get money for legal fees?:waitasec:

'Aliayah Law' Facebook to Honor Other Missing or Abused Kids
http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...acebook-to-honor-other-missing-or-abused-kids
Starting next Monday, which marks one month to the day that Aliayah went missing, the Aliayah Law Facebook site will be focusing on other kids as well.

"Daily, we're going to be focusing on a single child or a family where there's been a history of abuse or neglect here within the state," says site administrator Bob Heim.

I really hope they think this through before they go ahead with a plan to focus on specific children and/or families. Perhaps it's just a poorly-worded quote or the reporter got it wrong (her writing abilities haven't exactly been first-rate), but it doesn't sound right.

I'm almost to the point of thinking the Safe Haven laws should go to age five or so. I wonderhow many of these people would take advantage of it.........

Interesting thought. Are there any stats on how many children are given over under the SH Law annually?

In Aliayah's case I don't think the law would have made any difference. Her incubator seems to breed for monetary gain, MOO
icon8.gif

Good night, sweet Aliayah... I am so sorry that the people you trusted and loved failed you... I don't even know you, yet I think of you every single day. I so hope you are somewhere safe, warm, loved.... yet, I have to say I fear the worst, and I want you to know if you are out there somewhere, hidden, forgotten, alone, cold... your WS family loves you honey and we WILL keep looking for you.

LENA- WHERE IS ALIAYAH???????

I'm almost to the point of thinking the Safe Haven laws should go to age five or so. I wonderhow many of these people would take advantage of it.........

I'm not sure why there is an age limit, really.
I mean, if a parent would consider using it, that means that they don't want the child. Is there a fear, I wonder, that the system would be overwhelmed with unwanted children?

I'm not sure why there is an age limit, really.
I mean, if a parent would consider using it, that means that they don't want the child. Is there a fear, I wonder, that the system would be overwhelmed with unwanted children?

I think an overwhelmed system may be better for the kids if the parents really don't want them... I know the system sucks for kids, from experience, but let me tell you, it was far better than the alternative of staying with my so-called father. You know? The kids should come first no matter what.... JMO

Interesting thought. Are there any stats on how many children are given over under the SH Law annually?

In Aliayah's case I don't think the law would have made any difference. Her incubator seems to breed for monetary gain, MOO
icon8.gif

I'm not sure how I feel about increasing the age for SH or by how much. Have to think about that one. But I did see a news report a while back that said that about 100 babies were left with a hospital or LE here in my state (WI) since the law took effect about 10 years ago or so.

I'm not sure how I feel about increasing the age for SH or by how much. Have to think about that one. But I did see a news report a while back that said that about 100 babies were left with a hospital or LE here in my state (WI) since the law took effect about 10 years ago or so.

I, personally, think safe haven is an easy out for parents not to be held accountable for their actions and take responsibility for their actions, yet I do believe, as well, that it is in the best interest of the child under any circumstance where a parent is willingly surrendering them. At least that way, they have a chance at life, a hard life, sure, but a life nonetheless... JMO and all that jazz :)

These unwanted children disposed of carelessly really upset me. There are so many people who want children and can't have them. If they would allow these younger children to be adopted soon after removal, before they develop problems from unstable/moved around households, it would be so much better. The courts keep returning these children to the parents and then removing them, over and over. Eventually the children become unadoptable due to problems from the mental anguish they have endured. I think parental rights should be terminated alot sooner then they are for the sake of the child. JMO

When Nebraska enacted it's law they did NOT put an age limit on it.. they had tons of teenagers being dropped off and even sibling groups.. hospitals were being overwhelmed with unwanted kids.. it was really sad.. I read a story of a single father who dropped off like 8 kids because he couldn't feed them any longer. It got so bad they finally rewrote the law, to apply to only newborns

Another story about it

Gary Staton felt that his life was falling apart after his wife Rebel died of a brain haemorrhage one month after giving birth.

A year later, unemployed, struggling to make ends meet and no longer able to care for the ten children they had together, the 34-year-old Nebraska father made a drastic, and shocking, decision.

While his 18-year-old daughter was out at work, he rounded up his nine other children aged one to 17, putting some in the car and instructing others to take a bus and meet him at Creighton University Medical Centre, a hospital in Omaha.

There he found a staff member, told them that he was abandoning his family under the state's new Safe Haven law, and walked away. "There were no hugs or kisses. No goodbyes," his father-in-law, Jack Manzer, 66, told The Sunday Telegraph.

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum...w-mothers-leave-unwanted-babies-adoption.html

MOO, LL will be nabbed and formally charged w Aliayahs murder when those twins are born. I really believe that Aliayah was already dead before that stooge kidnapping lie hit the streets. As far as the rats nest there goes, the drug trade may just get bigger there now if there are arrests for dealers, they just get more sneaky and the demand will still be there. LL may be a good bird dog to lead LE to the dopers, and I will bet that her connections and circle will go down right with her, because, where is Aliayah? They'll sing like canaries to get out of drug charges and dying to get out and get their fix.

MOO, LL will be nabbed and formally charged w Aliayahs murder when those twins are born. I really believe that Aliayah was already dead before that stooge kidnapping lie hit the streets. As far as the rats nest there goes, the drug trade may just get bigger there now if there are arrests for dealers, they just get more sneaky and the demand will still be there. LL may be a good bird dog to lead LE to the dopers, and I will bet that her connections and circle will go down right with her, because, where is Aliayah? They'll sing like canaries to get out of drug charges and dying to get out and get their fix.

I hope you are right! I hope LL will tell where Aliayah is so she can be brought home and buried IF she is deceased. LL or RL might have sold her. This is so frustrating to me. LL hiding behind her pregnancy and not even trying to find out where her little girl is. Not normal at all.

I don't understand mothers who don't love their children above everything and everyone. So selfish.......... I hope these two are her last babies.

Praying for Aliayah to be found.....................

These unwanted children disposed of carelessly really upset me. There are so many people who want children and can't have them. If they would allow these younger children to be adopted soon after removal, before they develop problems from unstable/moved around households, it would be so much better. The courts keep returning these children to the parents and then removing them, over and over. Eventually the children become unadoptable due to problems from the mental anguish they have endured. I think parental rights should be terminated alot sooner then they are for the sake of the child. JMO

The courts return the children when the parents have completed what the court required of them. Most of the time the accused must pass random drug screenings. Since this test uses urine it is fairly easy to pass with a little help from some chemicals that flush the system. DHHR does not watch every move they make so they have to rely on the public to make that phone call - be a witness if necessary. Think about it, if one person calls it could be said that person was out to get them but if numerous people call a red flag goes up. I think we have all seen what we felt was abuse in our families and/or in public and didn't call the hotline. We expect someone else to do that.

As far as children not being adoptable, I feel ALL children are adoptable. It seems that those who can not have children only want children young enough to not remember what happened to them. I am in the process of adoption right now. I did my best to teach my children: they are well educated, hard working, law abiding citizens but none of them are perfect and I do not expect them to be. So why would I expect any other child to be perfect?Every child deserves a kind, loving home. Those that have endured abuse NEED that unconditional love to be able to overcome the pain.

Another story about it

Gary Staton felt that his life was falling apart after his wife Rebel died of a brain haemorrhage one month after giving birth.

A year later, unemployed, struggling to make ends meet and no longer able to care for the ten children they had together, the 34-year-old Nebraska father made a drastic, and shocking, decision.

While his 18-year-old daughter was out at work, he rounded up his nine other children aged one to 17, putting some in the car and instructing others to take a bus and meet him at Creighton University Medical Centre, a hospital in Omaha.

There he found a staff member, told them that he was abandoning his family under the state's new Safe Haven law, and walked away. "There were no hugs or kisses. No goodbyes," his father-in-law, Jack Manzer, 66, told The Sunday Telegraph.

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum...w-mothers-leave-unwanted-babies-adoption.html

That is one of the most horrible stories I have ever read. I have no words ...

Agree

That is one of the most horrible stories I have ever read. I have no words ...

It is heartbreaking and with the economy as it is and loosing his wife he probably wasn't thinking straight and didn't know what to do. He needed help with the children and didn't get it so he gave up. Grieving, loss of income, low self-esteem. His whole world seemed to be falling apart and I'm sure his wife was the glue that held the family together. Most of the time that is the case.

So sad for the children but better than one here in my state where the father killed the children and himself and another where the father killed his 2 little boys and ran off.

I wish we had answers instead of so many questions.

I wish we could save all the children from harm and keep them safe. I hope and pray they find precious little Aliayah. She's not a throw away!

"A year later, unemployed, struggling to make ends meet and no longer able to care for the ten children they had together, the 34-year-old Nebraska father made a drastic, and shocking, decision.

There he found a staff member, told them that he was abandoning his family under the state's new Safe Haven law, and walked away. "

I'll tell you the one thing that pisses me off about this story, is that considering that the father was only 34 years old, you can BET he has already now started spreading his sperm around to make a new family somewhere. These "safe havens" should also stipulate that a vasectomy or tube-tying is part of the package of being able to dump off a family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708