WV WV - Angel Overstreet, 3 Months Old, Huntington, 8 May 2021

DEC 8, 2021
HPD: Investigation into Angel Nichole Overstreet’s disappearance ‘remains active’ (wsaz.com)
[...]

The Huntington Police Department released the following statement Wednesday:

“The Huntington Police Department would like to thank the public for their continued support in our investigation into the disappearance of Angel Nichole Overstreet, the infant missing since early May 2021.

For this investigation, we have partnered not only with the public, but also with the Kentucky State Police; Federal Bureau of Investigation; Cabell County Prosecutor’s Office; Olive Hill (KY) Volunteer Fire Department; Carter County (KY) Attorney Brian Hayes; David Castle, the West Virginia State Police Crime Scene Response Team coordinator; and the West Virginia Intelligence Fusion Center.

“We also want to ensure the public our investigation remains active and ask for anyone having any knowledge of Angel Overstreet to contact the Huntington Police Department at 304-696-4420 or contact the HPD anonymous tip line at 304-696-4444.”

[...]

Also see: Huntington Police continue search for missing baby Angel Overstreet | WOWK (wowktv.com)

“Her being a baby, her family not really reaching out and trying to help. It just seems like she had nobody, and as a community we wanted to come together and be her family," Brumfield said.

“Those in attendance say the lack of updates has been frustrating. Back in the fall, a pond on Shannon Overstreet’s property in Kentucky was searched for days, but that was the last update.”

Vigil held for missing Huntington baby on what would be her first birthday

“Her being a baby, her family not really reaching out and trying to help. It just seems like she had nobody, and as a community we wanted to come together and be her family," Brumfield said.

“Those in attendance say the lack of updates has been frustrating. Back in the fall, a pond on Shannon Overstreet’s property in Kentucky was searched for days, but that was the last update.”
Vigil held for missing Huntington baby on what would be her first birthday
This case drives me insane. Angel went missing when she was three months old - yesterday a vigil was held to honor her first birthday!! Literal strangers are keeping this case alive and in the media. Not a single family member has come forward to speak out for this child. Sad beyond belief ...

MAY 10, 2022
[...]

One year later, it still remains an active investigation as her location is still unknown at this time.

“She’s our baby. She’s everybody’s baby," Ceil Butera, a member of "Angel Overstreet's Missing" Facebook page, said. "You just cannot lose a 3-month-old child.”

While there have been few updates since last May, a Facebook page has remained strong as 2,000 people from across the country post there daily.

[...]

Members of that Facebook page have now come together to buy an Angel Overstreet billboard in Huntington. The billboard is set to go up next week at the corner of Eighth Street and Seventh Avenue.

“Not everybody’s on social media, so our hope is that somebody driving by will remember something. Whether it’s big or small, something that might lead to something more or something that might lead us to find Angel because I think that at this point it is that missing piece of the puzzle," Monk said.

[...]

Huntington police have told Eyewitness News throughout the year, however, that this investigation remains a priority.

“We actually take a look at it on a weekly basis," Huntington Police Chief Karl Colder told Eyewitness News in an interview last month. "We have our federal partners that we’re working with - our state partners. Of course, this went across state lines so we have to deal with those partners across state lines, and that’s what we’re doing."

[...]

Maybe it is an active investigation, but it sure doesn't seem that way :(
This child's mother just moved on with life, the last person to have custody of her sits in jail. If not for the folks on the Missing Facebook group. This child would have no one advocating for her. Very, very, sad ...

WTF? This case just pizzes me off. Angel is still missing, he brutally beat his elderly Mom and he's allowed to cop an Alford Plea (Kennedy) with two sentences to run concurrent? Is this simply a way to lock him up so LE can spend the next ten years searching for a missing baby? Are they still searching for her?

Where is Angel Overstreet?

WTF? This case just pizzes me off. Angel is still missing, he brutally beat his elderly Mom and he's allowed to cop an Alford Plea (Kennedy) with two sentences to run concurrent? Is this simply a way to lock him up so LE can spend the next ten years searching for a missing baby? Are they still searching for her?

Where is Angel Overstreet?
I'm with you. His mother had a significant brain bleed and this is all he gets? He'll be out in no time. Shameful. MOO

"Overstreet was sentenced to 2-10 years in prison for Malicious Assault and 1-10 years in prison for Forgery. The Cabell County Clerk’s Office says the sentences will run concurrently and Overstreet will receive credit for time already served."

Look at this sweet little face. :( Angel needs to be found and she most certainly deserves justice. MOO
overstreet_angel3.jpg

My mind sometimes gets tangled up and leaves me in utter disbelief that this child has so few people advocating for her. I think of Angel often and wonder what in the heck is going on here. o_O In most missing persons cases, especially those involving babies, there would be hordes of people raising the rooves in their efforts to find the victim and put an end to the mystery. But then I have to remind myself of the specific circumstances of Angel's case.

The POI is a monster in human form.:mad: We see from his track record that he has no qualms about hurting anyone. A man who can so viscously assault his mother and at least one significant other and is likely responsible for his 3-mo-old baby girl's disappearance is someone who would not hesitate to harm or kill anyone who told whatever truth they know. "If" he is responsible for harming and disappearing Angel, then it could very well be that those who know he did are too afraid to speak. It also seems possible to me that those same folks might even be too afraid to rattle the cages knowing they're at risk of harm from him.

I'd like to think I'd speak up on her behalf if I had information about Angel's case, but I can't say with certainty whether I would if I am in fear of a monster's violent repercussions against me and my other loved ones. Perhaps there's a backstory here that I am not aware of, but it seems possible Angel's advocates are scared to death to betray a mad man. Hopefully during his new prison sentence someone will finally feel safe enough to spill the beans so Angel can finally come back home. :( MOO

www.wowktv.com

Questions remain unanswered as search continues for Angel Overstreet

Angel Overstreet was first reported missing on May 25, 2021, she was 3 months old.
www.wowktv.com
www.wowktv.com

Questions remain unanswered as search continues for West Virginia infant​

The latest update on the case came from HPD back in December 2021. At the time, officials stated the case will remain active until new information comes to light.

13 News followed up with HPD on Friday, Jan. 13, 2023, and officials say the case is still active.

Angel’s name has not been forgotten though, as over 2,000 people on social media continue to post about her disappearance, still looking for answers.

Right now, many say they are still left with more questions than answers

I apologize, I was searching for updates on this case and keep seeing “Moo”. What does that mean?
MOO = My Own Opinion /My Opinion Only

And Welcome to Websleuths! :)

Thank you so m
MOO = My Own Opinion /My Opinion Only

And Welcome to Websleuths! :)

uch! I’ve been spending time in the introductory forum, but am having issues finding, like, a master abbreviations list or something.

I’ve been super sad to learn that many of my pet cases haven’t had any updates for months or years. This is one I desperately want solved. Before the information about the POI in this case, I thought it a plausible story and a solid plan if another family member wanted her back - now I just like to think she’s growing up somewhere, and is happy.

JAN 30, 2023
[...]

The latest update on the case came from HPD back in December 2021. At the time, officials stated the case will remain active until new information comes to light.

13 News followed up with HPD on Friday, Jan. 13, 2023, and officials say the case is still active.

Angel’s name has not been forgotten though, as over 2,000 people on social media continue to post about her disappearance, still looking for answers.

Right now, many say they are still left with more questions than answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back