Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1772dfwv.html

Brenda Gail Lambert
Missing since July 24, 1992 from Bluewell, Mercer County, West Virginia
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: December 26, 1969
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 110-115 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black, shoulder-length, curly hair; dark blue eyes.
* Marks, Scars: 1" scar on right wrist; birthmark on the back of leg.
* Clothing: Blue, short sleeve shirt, blue shorts; she always wore black shoes.
* Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lambert was last seen in Bluewell, West Virginia on July 24, 1992. She left her residence located off Route 7, commonly called WindMill Gap. She was apparently walking as no vehicle was taken. It was her sons 1st birthday.
Her car was left parked in the driveway. Everything she owned was still in her home. Even the clothes she was wearing the night before she disappeared was laying near her bathroom door. The family suspects immediate and local foul play.
Brenda had a boyfriend by the name Mark Cook, who disappeared five months after she did. The police believe the two cases to be connected.

The National Center for Missing Adults have only added this case to their database this month!
confused.gif

So I went searching and found the Doe Network page I posted above.

There is also some background on this case at:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=13733

The same background information is posted here:
http://www.angelsmissing.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3542

I will be doing more searches for this girls as she tweaked me that she looked like a relative of mine that we nicknamed "cutie patootie". Don't know if the match I'm thinking of will work out stat/time wise.... but when I find it I will post.

The family's website for Brenda - they say some of the information is mixed up.

Marie there is something wrong with the link you posted. Could you please repost as I'm very interested in reading the Family's site.

Thanks!

PonderingThings said:
Marie there is something wrong with the link you posted. Could you please repost as I'm very interested in reading the Family's site.

Thanks!
The link is on one of the links you posted - the trucking one :)

http://bdtonline.com/local/x9719067...Mercer-County-woman-friend-ongoing-since-1992

July 10, 2011
Gone without a trace — Probe into disappearance of Mercer County woman, friend ongoing since 1992

GREG JORDAN Bluefield Daily Telegraph

PRINCETON — Fresh leads could help close the case of a woman who disappeared on the evening of her son’s first birthday almost 19 years ago this month.

Brenda Lambert was 22 when she left her Bluewell home without taking her car and few, if any, personal items. Nobody has seen the blue-eyed, dark-haired mother of two since July 26, 1992.

Five and a half months later, her friend., 21-year-old Mark Anthony Cook, left Pedro’s Bar, then located at Airport Square off U.S. Route 52, and disappeared. Since that time, the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department has been searching for both individuals.

W. Va. woman holds onto hope in missing sister's 1992 cold case
After almost 24 years, Christy Kennedy is not giving up hope that the missing person cases involving her older sister will be resolved.

"I feel like I have been in a nightmare," she said Wednesday, relating the mysterious vanishing of Brenda Gail Lambert from her Bluewell, West Virginia home.

(..)

In 2003, police received a tip the bodies of Lambert and Cook could be found in a local pond.

An attempt to drain the pond was unsuccessful, but the department brought in a diver and, later, specialized underwater video equipment to search the murky depths.

No bodies or evidence were found.

(...)

Today, Kennedy is not giving up and recently donated her DNA to a data bank.

"It will be compared to the DNA of unidentified female bodies found in our area and around the country," she said. "Advances in technology are amazing. Cases are solved all the time now (using DNA evidence)."
http://www.kokomotribune.com/cnhi_n...cle_42ebc698-3958-5916-9e3d-ccd9fe409c3b.html

Brenda Gail Lambert – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Brenda Gail Lambert
  • brenda_gail_lambert_1.jpg
  • brenda_gail_lambert_2.jpg
  • brenda_gail_lambert_3.jpg

• Missing Since07/26/1992
  • Missing FromBluefield, West Virginia
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth12/26/1969 (49)
  • Age23 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 110 - 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA short-sleeved blue denim t-shirt, blue denim shorts and black shoes.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Black hair, blue eyes. Lambert's hair is curly and was shoulder-length at the time of her disappearance. Her maiden name is Christian. She has a birthmark on the back of her leg and a one-inch scar on her right wrist. Lambert's ears are pierced. She has dark-colored freckles on her shoulders and her tonsils have been removed.
Details of Disappearance
Lambert was last seen at her residence off Route 7 (Windmill Hill Road) in Bluefield, West Virginia on July 26, 1992, her son's first birthday. She left the birthday party at 9:00 p.m. and has never been heard from again. All of her belongings were left behind at her home, including the clothing she was wearing when she was last seen, and her car was parked in the driveway.

Lambert had filed a domestic violence complaint a few weeks before she vanished. On July 10, sixteen days prior to vanishing, she called the police department and asked how to drop her petition. Her loved ones stated she had been choked/strangled on several occasions before her disappearance.

On January 14, 1993, five months after Lambert vanished, her boyfriend, Mark Anthony Cook, also disappeared. Authorities believe Cook's and Lambert's disappearances are connected and that foul play may have been involved in both cases. They stated that one male suspect failed a polygraph, but he has not been charged in due to lack of evidence.

Lambert was born in Williamson, West Virginia and has also lived in McDowell County, West Virginia. Her parents both died in the years following her disappearance, but her six siblings are still searching for her.

Both Lambert's and Cook's cases remain unsolved.

MISSING PERSONS: Brenda Lambert & Mark Cook

Premiering tonight, May 18, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back