Identified! WV - Raleigh Co., WhtFem 858UFWV, 27-33, on Bolt Mtn, Nov'93 - Margaret Dodd

Wowza! lots of discussion from a couple years ago about the Tammy Daniels case on topix. Lots of second hand confessions, etc. If this doe is her, I think LE will be able to move forward on her case with ease.

Some pretty crazy talk there. :crazy:

Pretty tough to read because these folks don't know much about punctuation. (e.g. A sentence should start with a cap and end with a period.)

This article from 2014 says they thought these remains to be Sue Roop missing since 1979: http://www.wvva.com/story/24821984/2014/02/25/the-body-on-bolt-mountain-a-wvva-special-report

Searching fb I found a comment from her daughter to Investigation Discovery in 2012, where she said the DNA matched and she was convinced from the clothes that this UID was her mother, but I'm guessing LE never could get a clear enough match to close the case (her poor family). Now, recent remains found in Gauley Bridge area are going to be compared to Sue Roop (another indication the 93 remains were not a positive match): http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Ho...ins-found-under-cliff-overhang-408517855.html
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Kanawha-Falls-Human-Remains-Found-12-27-2016

Posting all this here, because I think there is STILL a possibility the remains found in 1993 could be Susan Roop (if the most recent ones are not her). I'd like to get a thread started for her but there is very little about her case online. If anyone find a MSM or LE source good enough to start a missing person thread for Sue Roop, please let me know. Thanks!

CarlK90245
user-offline.png
Have to agree those remains found at Bolt Mountain likely belonged to someone other than Cherice.

Its also clear junk yard and scrap metal yards are not watched close enough when cars & trucks come into those yards police should be allowed to be called or have watchdogs there to investigate take detailed photos in and outside to be sure that evidence is not being destroyed before they are allowed to crush these cars an trucks in fact laws need to be passed that demand it or any suspect metals that likely could have been stolen more so those that come in by the mass to many homes an businesses been robbed of wiring and other metals.

http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Police-investigating-after-remains-found-under-cliff-408534595.html
[h=1]Police investigate link between remains found and woman missing since 1970s[/h]
attachment.php

FAYETTEVILLE, W.Va. (WSAZ) — UPDATE (Dec. 29):

Human remains were found under a cliff in Fayette County Tuesday afternoon, and investigators believe there's a strong possibility the remains could be those of a woman who has been missing 37 years.
Investigators say somebody was out looking for arrowheads in the Kanawha Falls area when they spotted bones.
Deputies arrived on scene and found more bones buried in a shallow grave.
The woman who went missing in February of 1979 was Sue Roop, who was 29 at the time.
The location where the remains were spotted Tuesday is close to where Roop had family at the time, investigators say.

Now, after 37 years, the family may be on the brink of finally getting answers.
Investigators say Roop is the only missing person they know of from that time period where the body was never found.
Deputies say they recovered some teeth and enough biological material for DNA analysis to determine if it was indeed Roop's remains that were found.
The remains have been sent to the Chief Medical Examiner's Office.

Attachments

• woman+missing+1979+remaions.jpg
    woman+missing+1979+remaions.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 230
http://www.register-herald.com/news...cle_1d94180c-a8a4-5978-94bd-710ceefa0ae6.html

Seems to be some conflicting parts of this Bolt Mountain Remains Finding and who Police Claim was missing at the time the Remains were found.

Interesting quote from the article:
Prior to the new discovery, Roop was the most likely match for the Raleigh remains, which consisted of a partial skull, which didn’t provide enough genetic material for conclusive DNA matches.
In trying to identify the Bolt Mountain woman, exiting Raleigh Sheriff Steve Tanner became an expert on the Roop “cold case,” even though the 29-year-old mother of three had disappeared from neighboring Fayette County in 1979.
“We had very little physical evidence,” Tanner said Friday, following a luncheon to celebrate his retirement from 34 years of law enforcement. “We tried several times to do mitochondrial DNA.
“We couldn’t make a positive identification. The case has gone into a cold case, waiting for science to catch up.”

The woman’s clothing suggested she’d died in the “very, very late 1970s or 1980s,” Tanner said. The last time she’d dressed, she’d chosen a gray sweater with a maroon stripe, gray slacks that flared at the bottom and high-heeled clogs. Investigators uncovered hip-hugger panties with a design. No bra was with the remains.

“She had on a very unique ring, specific to the 1970s,” said Tanner. “It looked like it would be an engagement ring. It would be on the proper finger to be so.
“She had a very unique watch ... that the family, if we ever figured out, could identify.”
Using a magnifying glass, Tanner and other officers painstakingly reconstructed her disintegrating clothing in an hours-long process to get size matches.
http://www.register-herald.com/news...cle_1d94180c-a8a4-5978-94bd-710ceefa0ae6.html

I wonder why no pics of the jewelry?

This case kind of baffles me as to why the police never Release to the public on National TV News Photos of the Ring & watch she had been wearing.With Hopes someone from the public would or could ID them a family member the person or store that sold it to her. Next while they did not get a complete Skull was there enough to to a Reconstruction and have the Science Artist Reconstruct her face and why was this not done.even if they got several different faces in trying to reconstruct hers and then again having it on national news. just maybe someone would have came forward and been able to ID this lady. Then remains the fact this lady may have well be new in the state or even hitched a ride from some other state not even intending to come to this state and was killed by who ever she got a ride with or was new to the state got a ride and her killer took advantage killed her and dumped her body in a area knowing she'd likely not be found for a long time if at all. Seems many Bodies were dumped in the Laurel Creek area of Fayette County,WV in just this same way.

Wait. What? I'm confused here.

So am I! Susan Roops is mentioned in the article, so posted , but it does not seem to belong here, please disregard previous post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back