ú

Found Deceased WV- Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, May 10, 2019.

1. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

When my partners working late I often fall asleep on the sofa to watch tv and then go into bed later. Maybe he had a habit of this when she worked... and thus giving him more opportunities to see Riley around the house..

2. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

The thought of that boils my blood. That poor young girl never had a chance with this monster on the loose. JMO IMHO

3. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Why didn’t we hear something like “grandmother was at the house watching the children until 7pm which is when AC arrived at mom’s place”?

Don’t know the ages of the younger siblings.

Was AC supposed to feed the children dinner, get them ready for bed?

So mom didn’t check on any of the children when she got home from work? Wouldn’t she wake AC if he was on the couch and say it’s time for bed? Something is off....JMO.

cass523, JRW, bombardier and 8 others like this.
  4. BloodHoundSleuther

BloodHoundSleuther Well-Known Member

Those are my thoughts as well, something doesn't add up! Add in, how did the Mom's boyfriend get a ride to the place of his employment to pick up a truck, the very truck where decomp was found, per MSM. It was also said that same truck, per MSM, was backed into the driveway at 10 Am the next morning. Where was Riley's Mom then?

5. johnbelt

johnbelt Well-Known Member

I don't usually do Facebook groups but since the case was local and I thought it was a good chance for a good outcome I thought I would.As soon as I found out about mom's bf that hadn't been mentioned I knew it was bad.The woman who ran the group was phenomenal with her info even though locals were calling her a liar.She was days ahead of the arrest with the name details of searches and a timeline.The reason for all of the agencies involved is Riley's Grandfather on her dad's side is retired secret service and FBI.The Grandma who saw Riley that night let's just say she's interesting

6. johnbelt

I'm guessing home in bed.

7. BloodHoundSleuther

BloodHoundSleuther Well-Known Member

Maybe...but I could never sleep through all that movement and commotion. Something if off!

LietKynes, StarEyes and Savemecastiel like this.
  8. ValhallaWolves

ValhallaWolves Well-Known Member

I agree. I won’t be surprised to see another charge coming.

9. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I just don't understand how with all this knowledge/law enforcement power in the family nobody protected this girl. It's so freaking sad.

10. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

RC's autopsy results will either put to rest some of the worst rumors out there or substantiate them. It is also the reason more specific charges against AM and possible charges against others aren't certain yet.
    I hope they throw the book against anyone even remotely involved with not protecting her. The charges once decided on won't come close to being sufficient. MOO MOO

11. MimosaMornings

At 10am? Kids get themselves off to school while mom sleeps in?

squareandrabbet and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  12. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

I guess, when push comes to shove, kids do what they have to do to survive and if that means getting themselves up, and fed and to the bus stop, then they do it. From the pictures on social media, the younger children are two boys who look to be elementary age. No clue as to who their father is, maybe someone with the last name that starts with O.

13. MimosaMornings

Riley would wake her mom at 3:30pm when she came home from school in the afternoons - mom taking a nap before her evening shift.
    Mom home by 10pm from work. Guessing mom works a dinner shift from 4-9:30 with that time frame?

Mom seems to need a lot of sleep if napping before work and still in bed at 10am.

14. Sconnie

Sconnie Well-Known Member

I can understand not checking on her at night, and letting him continue sleeping on the couch (if that was the case). The part that I feel is off is the 7:15 AM explanation. Even if I would not have heard my girls getting ready in the morning, and IF I would have assumed they went to school early, I still would have sent a "Good Morning" text and been very concerned if I didn't hear back.

cass523, Amstorrs, StarEyes and 5 others like this.
  15. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

IMO it’s odd that she didn’t check in and visit with Riley for a bit when she got home from work. I certainly would have. Up until the time they left for college, I always got up and ate breakfast with them in the morning. I loved my children so much that I wanted to spend as much time with them as I could while they were growing up. (I was a single mom that worked full time, too.)

cass523, Jim_M, tiffran and 8 others like this.
  16. MimosaMornings

Maybe her mom got up at 7:15 and was busy getting the two younger ones off to school? What are the elementary school hours?

I’m guessing the two younger ones don’t get home until after 4pm or so since Mom napped until Riley woke her at 3:30 to go to work. Was Riley supposed to take care of them while her mom worked in the evenings?

Unless they lived with their dad?

What was going on in Riley’s home environment?

AM had opportunities with mom at work in the evenings and Riley at home. What happened early that morning in the home between Riley and AM? With her mom right there in the house?

Jim_M, sallye818, StarEyes and 2 others like this.
  17. johnbelt

I doubt anyone could or did.IMO

18. johnbelt

It depends on how much pull Granny has left as an elected official.which should have been very little before Riley's disappearance.

StarEyes and ValhallaWolves like this.
  19. Sconnie

Sconnie Well-Known Member

You have the same questions I do!!

20. johnbelt

yes two boys or the boyfriend were never mentioned at all in the media but they also lived there.Unless Grandma or AM was watching them while mom was at work I would think Riley was but that is a question that hasn't been answered.

cass523, Sconnie, Alcina and 2 others like this.