Found Deceased WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, May 10, 2019.

1. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Little-Known Member

Sheriff: Mother's boyfriend murdered missing West Virginia girl

SFA:
    McCauley was under surveillance by law enforcement at his job site in Berkeley County until he was asked to come into a West Virginia State Police office, which he agreed to do. There, he was arrested, and, according to Bohrer, was likely being processed during the press conference.

He will be charged with murder – exactly which degree of murder will be up to the prosecuting attorney.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    borndem, cass523, SugarQueen and 12 others like this.

2. cc81

cc81 Active Member

3. slashkiss

slashkiss Well-Known Member

This is why I can never get divorced ... the idea of dating again would be terrifying! Can't trust anyone!

This poor mother - the guilt and shame she must be feeling is unimaginable. You bring someone into your home that you love and trust and they destroy your whole world.

4. Catcrunchfever

Catcrunchfever Active Member

41-year-old Andy J. McCauley, Jr.

From the above link:

The Morgan County Sheriff's Department has arrested 15-year-old Riley Crossman's mother's boyfriend as a suspect in her death.

After over a week searching for the Berkeley Springs teenager, the department said in a Thursday evening press release that a body matching her description was found on Thursday.

While the identity of the decomposed remains could not be immediately confirmed, Sheriff Bohrer said they were "very confident" the remains were hers. An autopsy conducted at the West Virginia Medical Examiner's Office on Friday morning will confirm more details.

Bohrer said they've arrested 41-year-old Andy J. McCauley, Jr. for the girl's death, who was "a suspect since day one."

When asked by reporters at the press conference about McCauley's relation to Crossman, he confirmed that he was her mother's boyfriend.

McCauley was under surveillance by law enforcement at his job site in Berkeley County until he was asked to come into a West Virginia State Police office, which he agreed to do. There, he was arrested, and, according to Bohrer, was likely being processed during the press conference.

He will be charged with murder – exactly which degree of murder will be up to the prosecuting attorney.

Bohrer said they had no reason to suspect the involvement of any other suspects.

Crossman went missing in the early morning hours of May 8. On Wednesday, May 15, over 300 volunteers turned out from around the region to help law enforcement search for any sign of her.

The Morgan County Sheriff's Department says this isn't the conclusion they hoped for, but they are glad the family has some closure.

A prayer vigil will be held at the Berkeley Springs State Park at 7 p.m. on Thursday evening.

The investigation remains very much ongoing.

5. lillywonka

lillywonka Active Member

6. jewels13

jewels13 Well-Known Member

I’m so sad about this horrible ending

7. NewMama

NewMama Well-Known Member

Oh man. What we all hoped it wasn't. I read earlier her sister was so worried she'd never see Riley again. How heartbreaking. I hope justice is swift for Riley and her loved ones.

8. Sconnie

Sconnie Well-Known Member

This is so horrible. There are no words...

9. Catcrunchfever

Catcrunchfever Active Member

Andy Jackson McCauley, Jr. 3/12/78

He had two liens against him in 2016 for failure to pay court-imposed assessments. Could those be related to the burglary and assault he was indicted for in 2011 or something more recent?

In 2017, he stole a car. In 2018, a charge of destruction of property was dismissed.

Wood Magistrate

2/10/18: A charge of destruction of property against Andy Jackson McCauley Jr., 39, 925 W. High St., Harrisville, was dismissed because the victim does not want to continue prosecution and the defendant has paid restitution.

On the Record

3/29/17: Andy Jackson McCauley Jr., 39, 925 W. High St., Harrisville, was arraigned in Wood County for Ritchie County on an unlawful taking of a vehicle charge and is in custody in lieu of a $500 cash or surety bond.

10. Bitterbb

Bitterbb Active Member

I mean, if get what you are saying, but a 2 minute google search of his name would have been enough for most moms I would think. What a shame. :(

11. LietKynes

LietKynes For Gannon

Wow.... just catching up.

Respectfully --- Did her mom know about his criminal record ?
    Or did he lie to her ?
    Did he tell her mom that it was a burglary gone wrong ?
    Battery and assault are pretty serious.
    So is burglary.

Ugh. Possibly this was sexually motivated ?
    Sick mf. , and --after his trial where it looks like the prosecution will have a conviction-- put him with the meanest, largest criminals and walk away. no special protection for him, ever.

Rest gently, Riley !
    I am sorry your life , which should have been full of promise, was brutally stolen from you. :(

12. LietKynes

LietKynes For Gannon

^^^ Sorry that happened to you, lillywonka !

Actually the mom's BF would have been my first guess-- before Riley's boyfriend.
    We've seen it happen so often here at WS.
    Sick, sick men who cannot leave their partners' children alone !

13. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Little-Known Member

cass523, NervousNellie, Jim_M and 6 others like this.
  14. BloodHoundSleuther

BloodHoundSleuther Well-Known Member

So, Riley wasn't the one who made the call to her boyfriend at roughly 5:30 in the morning? It was stated that Riley was killed in the early morning hours at the presser. If true, that means that her Mom's boyfriend or someone tried to throw off LE and manipulate the timeline of events by making that call. I feel certain that Riley never made that call.:(

15. sallye818

sallye818 Well-Known Member

Or could it be possible she had a second to try and call her boyfriend for help, while she was being kidnapped/killed? God, how the boyfriend must feel :(

This mama's boyfriend trend has got to stop. Wake up, mothers!!!

mynoyb, Babbakins, EmilyVan and 20 others like this.
  16. BloodHoundSleuther

BloodHoundSleuther Well-Known Member

I don't know but I find it hard to believe that she could have made that call. I take early morning hours to mean 1 or 2 am. I think that video call was someone trying to mislead LE into thinking that she was alive and well at 5:30 am and hence possibly abducted.

17. mollynjack

mollynjack Member

18. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Oh no! Another young life taken way too soon. Fly high, Riley.
    Praying for all who loved her.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  19. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I am beside myself. Just looking at photo of dude made me wanna barf. Then of course her many photos with her boyfriend, talking about love and the future... I’m just at a total loss for words...
    may he rot in prison knowing he’s such a ***. May her boyfriend and mother and other loved ones somehow have some peace and closure. Can’t wait for that justice to be served.

20. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Gannon is my hero!

So sad.

I didn't see that coming. Sigh....