GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

Andy Jackson McCauley, Jr. 3/12/78

He had two liens against him in 2016 for failure to pay court-imposed assessments. Could those be related to the burglary and assault he was indicted for in 2011 or something more recent?

In 2017, he stole a car. In 2018, a charge of destruction of property was dismissed.

Wood Magistrate

2/10/18: A charge of destruction of property against Andy Jackson McCauley Jr., 39, 925 W. High St., Harrisville, was dismissed because the victim does not want to continue prosecution and the defendant has paid restitution.

On the Record

3/29/17: Andy Jackson McCauley Jr., 39, 925 W. High St., Harrisville, was arraigned in Wood County for Ritchie County on an unlawful taking of a vehicle charge and is in custody in lieu of a $500 cash or surety bond.

This is why I can never get divorced ... the idea of dating again would be terrifying! Can't trust anyone!

This poor mother - the guilt and shame she must be feeling is unimaginable. You bring someone into your home that you love and trust and they destroy your whole world.
I mean, if get what you are saying, but a 2 minute google search of his name would have been enough for most moms I would think. What a shame. :(

Andy J. McAuley Jr is his name. He has been arrested before.
The Morgan Messenger September 14 Page 1

Wow.... just catching up.

Respectfully --- Did her mom know about his criminal record ?
Or did he lie to her ?
Did he tell her mom that it was a burglary gone wrong ?
Battery and assault are pretty serious.
So is burglary.

Ugh. Possibly this was sexually motivated ?
Sick mf. , and --after his trial where it looks like the prosecution will have a conviction-- put him with the meanest, largest criminals and walk away. no special protection for him, ever.

Rest gently, Riley !
I am sorry your life , which should have been full of promise, was brutally stolen from you. :(

Wow- and to think that I was kicked off all the discussion groups for suspecting the mom's boyfriend!

^^^ Sorry that happened to you, lillywonka !

Actually the mom's BF would have been my first guess-- before Riley's boyfriend.
We've seen it happen so often here at WS.
Sick, sick men who cannot leave their partners' children alone !

So, Riley wasn't the one who made the call to her boyfriend at roughly 5:30 in the morning? It was stated that Riley was killed in the early morning hours at the presser. If true, that means that her Mom's boyfriend or someone tried to throw off LE and manipulate the timeline of events by making that call. I feel certain that Riley never made that call.:(

Or could it be possible she had a second to try and call her boyfriend for help, while she was being kidnapped/killed? God, how the boyfriend must feel :(

This mama's boyfriend trend has got to stop. Wake up, mothers!!!

Or could it be possible she had a second to try and call her boyfriend for help, while she was being kidnapped/killed? God, how the boyfriend must feel :(

This mama's boyfriend trend has got to stop. Wake up, mothers!!!

I don't know but I find it hard to believe that she could have made that call. I take early morning hours to mean 1 or 2 am. I think that video call was someone trying to mislead LE into thinking that she was alive and well at 5:30 am and hence possibly abducted.

I am beside myself. Just looking at photo of dude made me wanna barf. Then of course her many photos with her boyfriend, talking about love and the future... I’m just at a total loss for words...
may he rot in prison knowing he’s such a . May her boyfriend and mother and other loved ones somehow have some peace and closure. Can’t wait for that justice to be served.

Why, oh why! This is getting to be routine where mom’s boyfriend kills a child.

Are these moms so badly in need of a man in their life that their child is not a consideration to them? Or for that matter, does a father pay no attention that his sweetie has lost custody of her children?

Trying to be victim friendly towards Riley's mother.
(Struggling.)
It's important since she's not being charged and most likely won't be.

Any defense of the mother comes off as playing the devil's advocate.
Obviously.

Might be too harsh , but have become more jaded and realistic since joining WS. :p

Maybe he presented himself as an educated, intelligent, 'family man' to Chantel ? With an eye towards a long life and future with Chantel ?
And she bought it ?
Is it possible he talked her out of doing a background check ?
And even if she had, did he tell her it was all 'lies'... from a past girlfriend , or some enemy of his ?

People of both genders can be deceptive.
Chantel is being both defended and villified .

Maybe he was dependable and trustworthy to Chantel-- but a different side came out around the kids ?
Was he living there or just had access to the house ?
Did he come and go as he pleased , or was he always there and appeared to be friendly and a good, stable man ?

So there is no telling what he was like before the murder.
There might not have been any warning signs whatsoever to Riley's mom and maybe not to any others in their family circle.
People spoke well of John Wayne Gacy before knowing what he was like in private.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back