GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously there were great liberties taken with the story, but the Lifetime Movie Network just aired (their rendition of) Skylar's story.

It's titled "Death Clique" (link here to their brief summary)

Oddly (since they rerun things endlessly it seems) I'm not seeing it on my DVR schedule for the next week - and it premiered last Saturday, so I figured it'd be on again sooner than later, but I'm sure it'll be back.

They definitely took some major liberties - as they always do (wondering if it may be a requirement in order to even be able to use the storylines?) beginning with having it take place in the LA area, not WV.

Anyone else see it?

It made me so sad for Skylar's family all over again.

Father Of Skylar Neese: She Would Have Graduated With Honors

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...se-She-Would-Have-Graduated-With-Honors-16084

Friday night would have been one to remember for Dave and Mary Neese. Their only daughter, Skylar, should have graduated. But that vision was cut short after her two friends killed her in July of 2012.

Skylar's fellow classmates at University High School in Morgantown remembered her during the ceremony at the coliseum.

I feel so sad for these poor parents :(

Ugh :( The world is a dark place. Children are at such high risk just by going to school and being teenagers and doing what is normal. A couple of boys killed a classmate in local schools TWICE in the last month ( dfw ) . I wonder will this behavior just multiply and happen more frequently. Raising children with no conscious. What have we done? :(

Just rewatching Dateline Mysteries.
Thinking about you Skylar. You didn't deserve any of what they did to you.
I will never understand this.

Just rewatching Dateline Mysteries.
Thinking about you Skylar. You didn't deserve any of what they did to you.
I will never understand this.

Okay, I'll say it. Nobody--certainly not Skylar--deserves to be murdered. But if it is true she had threatened to expose the other girls' private behavior, then Skylar was blackmailing them and not entirely innocent in the matter.

Of course, Skylar was also a juvenile and may not have realized the seriousness of remarks she made.

For those who are so outraged that Eddy might get out in 15 years, that will be roughly half her life in maximum security even if she is released the first time she comes up for parole. If that isn't enough time to deter murderers, then no amount of time will suffice.

Okay, I'll say it. Nobody--certainly not Skylar--deserves to be murdered. But if it is true she had threatened to expose the other girls' private behavior, then Skylar was blackmailing them and not entirely innocent in the matter.

Of course, Skylar was also a juvenile and may not have realized the seriousness of remarks she made.

For those who are so outraged that Eddy might get out in 15 years, that will be roughly half her life in maximum security even if she is released the first time she comes up for parole. If that isn't enough time to deter murderers, then no amount of time will suffice.

I'm not entirely certain but AFAIK SN never threatened these little monsters with anything. From what I've read they were concerned that she had seen and possibly had some evidence of their silly little experimental tryst. Honestly if the two of them were so concerned about this information becoming public perhaps they should not have had their friend film it. Skyler apparently had a diverse group of friends and these two &*_! $ e's wanted to play both fields. This is fine and great but they MURDERED her for what she knew. A little teenage tryst that she knew about. They took her life. Skyler is entirely INNOCENT!

Always MOO

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There is no proof what so ever that Skylar threatened to tell anyone about a so-called sex tryst.

It doesn't even make sense because the murder was planned for almost a year. One would think as soon as a threat was made they would have killed her in fear she'd tell and not wait a year.
The idea that, especially SE, would have been afraid of someone knowing she was bi-sexual or at least bi-curious, is crazy to me. She was not exactly bashful on social media with her sex and drug talk and pics.

And sorry, but saying 15 years for plotting a murder for a year of a "best friend" while playing nice to her face, a murder in which she's lured out of her house, and then stabbed on the count of three, is mind-boggling to me. This was such a heinous, planned, deliberate act.

BBM1 - Please don't blame the victim. Even if it was true that she threatened to expose Eddy and Shoaf's alleged sexual relationship, it's hardly justification for murder.

BBM2 - The amount of time she serves is her punishment for planning and murdering her best friend. Justice for Skylar would call for her punishment to be in proportion to the crime she committed. IMO 15 years is not nearly enough.

What??????? :facepalm: :thud:

First of all, the alleged lesbian relationship between RS and SE is just that, a rumour. Skylar apparently wrote in her diary that she had filmed them, but as I said, these are all rumours and in all honesty I don't put much weight behind it as Skylar's parents also didn't seem to put much weight behind it.

What the situation was, (as I've come to understand it) they were feeling as though they were drifting apart from Skylar and that because she knew some of their secrets (possibly including this lesbian affair) that she would spill these secrets so in order to get to her first, they decided to kill her.

Skylar never said she would tell these secrets. SE and RS were just paranoid that she would for whatever reason (maybe just being teenage girls - I've been one and I know what it's like) and just assumed she would.

Where did you hear that she threatened to expose their secrets?

Anyway, to the second part of your post. She took away the life of her best friend before it had even started and in the most horrible way. She even planned it and left Skylar to nature for months and months. All the while pretending to Skylar's parents that she misses her friend so much and helped hand out flyers. 15 years is not enough for Skylar's life and deceiving the Neeses like that in my opinion.

A sociopath having the possibility of being released from prison after 15 years despite planning and executing the murder of her lifelong best friend is terrifying.

SE is a sociopath. She is. She will not "learn her lesson" from fifteen years in prison, she will always be sick. Further, if she can commit such a terrible and unforgivable act against a friend who was basically family... imagine what she would be willing to do against a stranger.

Additionally, fifteen years is not a very long time when you consider the length of the average american's lifespan these days. If SE lives to be 85 and spends 15 years in prison, she will spend only 17% of her life in prison. Skyler's ENTIRE life was taken. Thirty-three-years-old. I believe that is how old SE will be when she is first up for parole. That is young. She will still be able to work, get married, having children and grandchildren... she will still have her whole life ahead of her.

Here's another article confirming she'll be sent to Lakin, where Eddy is currently a guest of the state.

Shoaf waived her right to a hearing and entered an agreed to order.

Shoaf will be sent to the state’s Lakin Prison for women in Mason County sometime after July 25. Co-defendant Shelia Eddy is already a prisoner there, having pleaded guilty to first-degree murder with mercy.

http://wvmetronews.com/2014/06/04/rachel-shoaf-headed-to-adult-prison/

Thanks for the links.

I'm very interested in how RS will go at Lakin with SE, especially since SE would've been there for a while and had time to make some friends. Will she be in solitary confinement so they have to stay away from each other?

What does waiving a right to a hearing do? Because I would've thought that, with her parents hiring a psychologist, that she would've tried to get into a mental facility.

I found this and I thought I would bring everyone's attention to it.

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petiti...ences-and-not-granted-parole-or-early-release

It's a petition to keep RS and SE in for the duration of their sentences and to keep them from being released early or granted parole.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but there was a website that was started up called The Skylar Neese Promise that was selling some merchandise like shirts but their big thing was "promising Skylar" by signing a petition very similar to this one, to keep RS and SE from being released early or granted parole and they would bring these petitions up at the parole hearings so they could see the amount of people against their release. Anyway, about a month ago the owners of The Skylar Neese Promise couldn't deal with some of their customers complaining about some apparent problems that were going on with the products and quit everything (This is all documented on their Facebook page) and along with that went the petition because they deleted the website. So I have a feeling this person is trying to recreate the petition so they can show it when parole comes up because the originals were lost, so I think it's well worth signing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member