GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought this might be worth sharing.

Rachel Shoaf waives hearing

http://thedpost.com/WEB----Rachel-Shoaf-6-4

Monongalia County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Ashdown said Shoaf waived her right to a hearing that was scheduled for Thursday, June 5. She expects Shoaf to be transferred in about 45 days.

Thanks for the links.

I'm very interested in how RS will go at Lakin with SE, especially since SE would've been there for a while and had time to make some friends. Will she be in solitary confinement so they have to stay away from each other?

What does waiving a right to a hearing do? Because I would've thought that, with her parents hiring a psychologist, that she would've tried to get into a mental facility.

I imagine waiving the right to a hearing probably saved her some additional attorney fees. They probably advised her that the outcome of the hearing would be the same whether they appeared or waived it.

As far as admittance into a mental health facility, I don't think that was ever an option. At her sentencing hearing her attorney requested she be sentenced as a juvenile because she is receiving psychological treatment, but fortunately the judge denied that request.

I got an email regarding Daleen Berry's new book about Skylar, Pretty Little Killers: The Truth Behind the Savage Murder of Skylar Neese, coming out on the 8th of July (although I really do hate the Pretty Little Killers title, I like Pretty Little Liars and I think variations of it are done to death)

The amazon page is here Amazon.com: Pretty Little Killers: The Truth Behind the Savage Murder of Skylar Neese eBook: Daleen Berry, Geoffrey C. Fuller: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51H70F6cTQL.@@AMEPARAM@@51H70F6cTQL

I remember someone on the previous page asked if there would be a paperback format so there's good news for you, it's available in a paperback version as well as a kindle version!

Here is the description.

In Pretty Little Killers, journalist Daleen Berry and investigator Geoffrey Fuller expand upon their New York Times bestselling ebook The Savage Murder of Skylar Neese to give you even more information behind one of the most horrific and shocking murders of our time. Including over 100 pages of new material, Pretty Little Killers shares the latest theories and answers the questions that have left many people baffled.

After killer Shelia Eddy pled guilty to first degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison and Rachel Shoaf was sentenced to thirty years for second-degree murder, family, friends, investigators, and other key sources reveal the facts you would have learned if the case had gone to trial.

Including specific details drawn from Rachel’s confession, Pretty Little Killers looks at the crime through the eyes of the victim and killers, providing intimate testimony from the pages of Rachel’s personal journal, Skylar’s diary and school papers, and court records.

Berry and Fuller examine all this, including previously unreported details about Rachel and Shelia’s rumored lesbian relationship and explain why more than one investigator believes Skylar’s murder was a thrill kill.

Most important, Pretty Little Killers provides a satisfying answer to Skylar’s final question: “Why?”

I imagine waiving the right to a hearing probably saved her some additional attorney fees. They probably advised her that the outcome of the hearing would be the same whether they appeared or waived it.

As far as admittance into a mental health facility, I don't think that was ever an option. At her sentencing hearing her attorney requested she be sentenced as a juvenile because she is receiving psychological treatment, but fortunately the judge denied that request.

I suppose that's true. I guess it was very obvious that she was going to be placed at Lakin, so waiving her right to a hearing probably saved her some attorneys fees as well as a day in court.

It was never an option to send her to a mental health facility and that's correct, the only option made by the defence was that she be sentenced as a juvenile. No other alternative options for sentencing were made, as the judge said. I'm just very surprised that they did not make a request for RS to be placed in a mental health facility, as they had hired a psychologist who was treating RS in juvenile detention who made comments speaking in RS's favour to the media and saying she was truly remorseful for her role in Skylar's murder. Psychologists are not cheap and RS has previously had mental health problems in the past, even to the point where she has been admitted to hospitals because she was a danger to herself so it was just surprising to me that they didn't even make the request to send her to a mental health facility when they are hiring this expensive psychologist.

I think the psychologist was brought in to initially try to get her into a mental health facility but when they (possibly parents, possibly attorneys) found out you need "more" to get in, they scrapped the idea.

I suppose that's true. I guess it was very obvious that she was going to be placed at Lakin, so waiving her right to a hearing probably saved her some attorneys fees as well as a day in court.

It was never an option to send her to a mental health facility and that's correct, the only option made by the defence was that she be sentenced as a juvenile. No other alternative options for sentencing were made, as the judge said. I'm just very surprised that they did not make a request for RS to be placed in a mental health facility, as they had hired a psychologist who was treating RS in juvenile detention who made comments speaking in RS's favour to the media and saying she was truly remorseful for her role in Skylar's murder. Psychologists are not cheap and RS has previously had mental health problems in the past, even to the point where she has been admitted to hospitals because she was a danger to herself so it was just surprising to me that they didn't even make the request to send her to a mental health facility when they are hiring this expensive psychologist.

I think the psychologist was brought in to initially try to get her into a mental health facility but when they (possibly parents, possibly attorneys) found out you need "more" to get in, they scrapped the idea.

Right. It is my understanding that to be placed in a mental health facility you have to plead guilty by reason of insanity, which can only be done after state appointed psychiatrists complete a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation which would reveal whether or not she was capable of distinguishing between right and wrong. She didn't go that route. That's why I said I don't think it was ever an option. I think they used the psychologist perhaps for mitigating circumstances when it came to sentencing requesting she serve her time in a juvenile facility because of her therapy, but the judge denied it and said she will serve in an adult facility once she reaches majority age. Now that she's 18 she will join the big girls as soon as a bed is available. I hope it's soon. It's high time she serves in a more unpleasant facility than she's been in for the past year and a half.

Has the motive been confirmed? I don't want to have to accept that Skylar lost her life because they didn't want to be her friend.

I watched the 20/20 and Skylar's father mentioned that she may have been killed because she knew about a sexual relationship that was going on between the perps and they acted this out in front of her. Skylar wrote about it in her journal.

Has the motive been confirmed? I don't want to have to accept that Skylar lost her life because they didn't want to be her friend.

The sexual relationship makes the most sense at this point but the truth is we may never know. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

I watched the 20/20 and Skylar's father mentioned that she may have been killed because she knew about a sexual relationship that was going on between the perps and they acted this out in front of her. Skylar wrote about it in her journal.

I read that on dailymail, that Skylar was killed because she was going to out them. Then I read that it was because Skylar was in love with Rachel. Despite these rumours, all the killers have said is that they didn't want to be friends with her. Either way, this is just so stupid.

Skylar Neese's family is suing her killers, and their mothers

http://www.wboy.com/story/26193501/neese-family-suing-their-daughters-killers-and-mothers

Dave and Mary Neese are suing their daughter Skylar’s killers and the girls' mothers.

Court documents said that the Neeses are suing Shelia Eddy and her mother, Tara Clendenen, as well as Rachel Shoaf and her mother, Patricia Shoaf, in connection to the death of Skylar Neese.

The first count is for murder, sorrow and mental anguish, the loss of reasonably expected income, as well as funeral and burial expenses.

The second and third counts are for negligence, reckless concealment and negligent supervision entrustment.

Sheila Eddy Responds to Lawsuit Filed By Neese's

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...ddy-Responds-to-Lawsuit-Filed-By-Neeses-17541

One of the girl's convicted of killing Skylar Neese in 2012 has filed a response to a lawsuit filed against her.

The response filed listed five separate defenses. One of them implies that Eddy feels she wasn't fully responsible.

The third defense of the response reads, "The intentional acts of another person caused the death of Skylar A. Neese, and her death was not caused by the acts of Defendant Sheila Eddy."

I find this claim by SE very interesting as she is pretty much saying that RS is to blame for Skylar's death and I'm guessing what she is trying to say here is that RS inflicted the fatal wound, that her inflicted wounds were only superficial.

Thoughts, everyone?

Although I was initially sceptical at first about RS as she was the new friend with a history of mental problems and violence, I changed my mind after seeing the girls at their sentencing. SE was emotionless and RS showed some form of emotion, even if it was for her own skin (which I don't believe). She apologised too, which was better than saying nothing.

I don't know how many wounds Skylar was meant to have had, but I believe there were a considerable amount so I don't know how SE can know for sure that RS delivered the fatal stab.

I find this claim by SE very interesting as she is pretty much saying that RS is to blame for Skylar's death and I'm guessing what she is trying to say here is that RS inflicted the fatal wound, that her inflicted wounds were only superficial.

Thoughts, everyone?

Although I was initially sceptical at first about RS as she was the new friend with a history of mental problems and violence, I changed my mind after seeing the girls at their sentencing. SE was emotionless and RS showed some form of emotion, even if it was for her own skin (which I don't believe). She apologised too, which was better than saying nothing.

I don't know how many wounds Skylar was meant to have had, but I believe there were a considerable amount so I don't know how SE can know for sure that RS delivered the fatal stab.
I just don't think Shelia will ever admit her role in Skylar's murder, which is typical of a sociopath. The Pedro Bravo trial for the murder of Christian Aguilar just came to a close the other day. It was amazing that, despite all of the evidence against him, Bravo refused to accept blame. He had explanations for everything, but his explanations didn't coincide with the evidence. Bravo didn't seem to notice. Most of the time, he sat there on the witness stand with a big smile on his face while telling the most ludicrous lies. When he was given a guilty verdict by the jury and a sentence of LWOP by the judge, he was incredulous. A first-grader could have seen through his lies that contradicted the evidence, but he still expected everyone to buy his version of events. Shelia is no different. She is convinced that she's innocent and that she's being mistreated, no matter how much evidence is stacked against her. Sociopaths are so egocentric that they actually feel that they're the victims; they cannot sympathize with their victims' families, just as they feel no remorse toward their victims.

Has anyone else seen the Elle article about this case? I have the print edition, so...

Anyway, they blame Topix and Websleuths for 'slowing down the investigation'. Hello, HOW? How can that even be. The thing I think comes from here is someone suggesting they check local sex offenders. For how little information they had in the case available to the public, that is a decent suggestion. It turns out not to be relevant to the solution, but THAT is because it took local police quite some time to realize Skylar got into RACHEL's car.

Other than that unnecessary swipe, it is a pretty good overview of the case from what I can tell.

They don't really offer a motive, but I think Rachel tweeting about what women she finds gorgeous might be a clue (they include those tweets as well as the info about Rachel and Sheila hooking up right in front of Skylar). I mean, I think that might be the motive. It is a stupid motive because even if she told people, they could just claim she was lying and oh, look, everyone is still alive.

I haven't followed the case at all, so just dropping in to mention that. I do wonder if the reason this wasn't a bells and whistles missing person is they felt that she was not exactly missing (as in searching places a living girl might be would not find her). So sad for a life to be wasted over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam