WY WY - Fox Park, WhtFem 28-58, UP9904, jeans, shoes, jewelry w/initials 'MSS', Aug'99

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
I found this UID Female in NamUs today

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9904

View attachment WY Jane Doe.bmp

Found August 2, 1999
Fox Park WY
White Female
28-58 years old
Height is Estimated as being 5'2
Estimated postmortem interval 10 Years 1989-1999
Partial Skeletal parts only

Found with body:Size 16 Bill Blass jeans
Footwear Reeboks size 41 European 7.5 UK
Jewelry one silver band with M.S.S. engraved
one silver colored rope style ring with two (2) clear c
olored tear drop shaped stones

Dentals & DNA Available

I am comparing her to this girl, Maria Sanchez, missing since March 1993 from CA http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sanchez_maria.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9255/22/

Why I think this could be a possible match?
Time frame is within range - she went missing in 1993 - the UID was found in 1999
Age range is within range - Maria was 30 when she went missing
Height is on - 5'2
The UID had a silver ring on with initals M.S.S engraved (not sure what Maria's middle name is)

Here is a side by side of Maria and the UID

sanchez_maria.jpg View attachment WY Jane Doe.bmp

What do you all think? - California to Wyoming is a far distance, but I think it's worth a shot.

Why not? Even a rule-out is something.

Thanks! I figured enough of the physical characteristics are close, why not. The UID both have DNA available, I am not sure if both DNA are uploaded in CODIS or not. I am now going to figure out who I am going to send this to.

Thanks for responding & giving me the push...

Appears that Maria's family live in Mexico, can't find them for a DNA sample.

Thanks for finding that!

Maria's case file was uploaded into NamUs in 2011, it says that DNA is available and entered, but where is the question....... I sent an email to Janet Franson who is listed as the Regional Administrator for the UID. I figured I would go the route of contacting who is in charge of the UID since it is listing ruleouts and the case seems active. (last date the UID's NamUs profile was updated was Jan 3rd of this year)

the sneakers appear to have been made for the non-American market. the shoe sizes are European and UK.

I did see that, but doesn't Reebok usually list the sizes in European and UK sizes on the tongue of the shoe along with the American size?

Makes sense. Maybe they managed to track down relations after all. I really hate going to the profiles of these cases and finding "little information available." Seems that's often the case with California.

I do know that I'm glad I'm not an Hispanic from Calexico, a resident of Needles, a wannabe drug dealer in Boulder, CO who visits Nederlands, a resident of Daytona Beach or Port Richey, a runaway teen girl wearing a Harley t-shirt, a woman attached to a felon whose previous wife/gf disappeared, schizophrenic, drunk and running on a river, a girl with a violent stepdad, a witness to a serious crime called to testify, an acquaintance of a chop-shop operator, or someone who has delusions of survivalist skills. For starters.

I found a pic of the inside of a reebok shoe... I know the UID profile doesn't say if it lists the size for the USA but here is an example

packer-pump-20-preview-2.jpg

Fox Park is about an hour from Laramie and I-80. So I am guessing from that direction.

IIRC when I was driving through that area there was a lot of people working in the natural gas industry. We tried to stay in some towns off I-80 and all the hotels were booked up with workers.

That was in 2008ish, so I am not sure it was the same back then.

Bumping, that ring is so unusual.

Date last modified March 23, 2015 08:05

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Kimberly Allen 1958 Wyoming
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Skyla Marburger 1995 New Mexico
Elizabeth Rogers 1931 North Carolina
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Martha Shelton 1944 Kentucky
virginia uden 1947 Wyoming
Colleen Voitik McHugh 1963 Illinois

Adding one ruleout since last update:

Kimberly Allen 1958 Wyoming
Bobbi Campbell 1970 Utah
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Skyla Marburger 1995 New Mexico
Elizabeth Rogers 1931 North Carolina
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Martha Shelton 1944 Kentucky
virginia uden 1947 Wyoming
Colleen Voitik McHugh 1963 Illinois

How does anyone feel about Victoria Bakhtiari?

img_47143.jpeg

Her weight is definitely inline with someone who would wear size 16 jeans. She was last seen Nov. 1998 in Brighton, CO which is 157 miles southeast of Foxpark.

Identity of woman found deceased still unknown
cache.php

http://www.laramieboomerang.com/new...cle_6f3a5a72-fffa-11e7-88e7-ef337738ab69.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back