WY Crime Victim & Domestic Violence Resources

Not open for further replies.


New Member
Jan 24, 2007
Reaction score
Links to Advocates and Crime Victim Resources. Also Domestic and Family Violence Resources


New Member
May 6, 2007
Reaction score
Wyoming Division of Victim Services

What services do victim service programs have?

Most victim service programs offer:

Counseling after the crime to help you deal with the immediate emotional trauma.

Referrals to other agencies for services not available at the program.

Follow-up counseling for emotional, financial or work problems related to the crime.

Emergency help with housing, clothing, food, transportation and medical care.

Help filing for compensation through the Wyoming Crime Victim Compensation Program (CVCP).

If eligible you may be compensated for medical or dental bills, loss of income or support, and funeral and burial expenses.

Support as the criminal case moves through the system.

Explain the criminal justice process.

Make sure you have a support person when you go to court.

Give you information about the case.

Help you get your property back if law enforcement held it as evidence.

Help prepare you for when the offender is released.

If you want, advocates from the program can also tell your friends and relatives that you were the victim of a crime. They can also contact your employer to minimize any loss of pay or benefits because of missed time related to the crime.

Some programs offer help with childcare, transportation, funeral arrangements and will notify people you owe money to that you will need more time to pay.

Do I have to pay for services at the victim service programs?

No. All services are free.

What other options do I have?

Every county has a Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Program.

These programs provide emergency and long-term support to victims and their families, like:

Emergency safe homes or shelters.

24-hour crisis telephone line.

Follow-up crisis and long-term counseling.

Someone to support you during medical exams, court hearings and when you deal with other agencies.


Former Member
Feb 12, 2005
Reaction score
Resources by state on violence against women
Below is a list of resources for women who have experienced abuse.
If you do not find your state in this list, please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH) for assistance in locating programs in your area. You can reach the NDVH at 800-799-SAFE (7233) or TDD 800-787-3224.

Organizations are listed by state. The District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands are also included. Click on any state name to jump to its organizations. Click any organization name for program and contact information.

Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
P.O. Box 236
Laramie, WY 82073
Toll-free phone number(s):
(800) 990-3877

Phone number(s):
(307) 755-0992 Legal Staff
(307) 755-5481

Fax: (307) 755-5482
E-mail address: [email protected]
Web site address: http://www.wyomingdvsa.org
Not open for further replies.