Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re missing the small point (imo) again that if the letter was written after the murder, how did the letter get to Brian in the van? The letter was found in the van and taken into the house, I believe they said at the time. Brian was travelling across the country when this letter was allegedly written, sent and somehow received… I don’t think the letter is the most important piece of evidence they have, imo.

We’re missing the small point (imo) again that if the letter was written after the murder, how did the letter get to Brian in the van? The letter was found in the van and taken into the house, I believe they said at the time. Brian was travelling across the country when this letter was allegedly written, sent and somehow received… I don’t think the letter is the most important piece of evidence they have, imo.
Good point. But it's the P's attorney saying the letter was in the van but later taken into the house where it was collected during a search. How would the attorney know it was ever in the van?
JMO

If that isn't a long "laundrie" list. Seems like they are hitting back at the P & S's. Like... you ask for a lot of things from us, here's our list of what we want from you!

What's sad is it was the L's son that killed Gabby and this can't be good for anyone's well being. I wish everyone could move on and be at peace. It's a very sad situation. :(

If that isn't a long "laundrie" list. Seems like they are hitting back at the P & S's. Like... you ask for a lot of things from us, here's our list of what we want from you!

What's sad is it was the L's son that killed Gabby and this can't be good for anyone's well being. I wish everyone could move on and be at peace. It's a very sad situation. :(
****this is all IMHO****

IMHO I think the Laundries’ request for this additional info will end up hurting them rather than helping them.

IMHO the L’s are expecting to find evidence that the P’s are trying to monetize their daughter’s murder by selling the rights. And I haven’t seen evidence of the P’s trying to profit, in fact every dime goes to the Gabby Petito Foundation.

Domestic violence is a pattern of behavior, and IMHO all that will be discovered is more evidence of controlling behavior from Brian.

****this is all IMHO****

IMHO I think the Laundries’ request for this additional info will end up hurting them rather than helping them.

IMHO the L’s are expecting to find evidence that the P’s are trying to monetize their daughter’s murder by selling the rights. And I haven’t seen evidence of the P’s trying to profit, in fact every dime goes to the Gabby Petito Foundation.

Domestic violence is a pattern of behavior, and IMHO all that will be discovered is more evidence of controlling behavior from Brian.
I didn’t feel this way originally about the money, I was hopeful for the foundation, but I ordered one of the bracelets they were selling for support. I never got it and when I emailed them about it, no response. It was no big deal, $10 or something like that, and I truly hope it went to the cause, but it just made me wonder how many others who supported and didn’t receive the bracelet, where did the money go? I would have liked the bracelet so that it could show support and allow people to ask what it was for and I could tell them, but the lack of response I received from my follow up made me question about who is in charge of these funds and where they go.

I didn’t feel this way originally about the money, I was hopeful for the foundation, but I ordered one of the bracelets they were selling for support. I never got it and when I emailed them about it, no response. It was no big deal, $10 or something like that, and I truly hope it went to the cause, but it just made me wonder how many others who supported and didn’t receive the bracelet, where did the money go? I would have liked the bracelet so that it could show support and allow people to ask what it was for and I could tell them, but the lack of response I received from my follow up made me question about who is in charge of these funds and where they go.
Just curious when you ordered, how long they stated the wait time would be, and when you emailed them about non-receipt. I ask because they might have been overwhelmed with support/purchases, and totally over their heads and didn't realize how much time and effort something like this could take. That's not a bad thing for their part.

Sounds like they might have had way more interest than they anticipated. Not faulting them in the least. Just pointing out they haven't been in ecommerce business for years on end and might be totally overwhelmed and doing they best they can. It might feel like a snails pace to some, but to them, they are cranking out as fast as they can and weeks/months feel like mere minutes.

I just feel in my gut it's something like I outlined, and not them trying to rip off the public. They are so invested in doing whatever they can for Gabby and her foundation that I don't feel they are trying to screw anyone.

All MOO.

She made the offer. To me it oroves both that she had knowledge of his crime and the intent to help him cover it up.

Except, if she made the comment prior to the crime, then the comment doesn't indicate a desire to cover up the crime. Because, there was no crime at that point.

If she made that comment after B killed G, then there's an argument to be made that she might have known. Or, she at least has some explaining to do.

If you have no further contact/answers, while I agree with @Gemmie about an overwhelming response, please do let the Attorney General's office in the state of the foundation know what happened to you.

(Back during the 2009 International Year of Astronomy, I ordered a commemorative Galileo telescope for Hubby, a physics teacher. My credit card was charged immediately, but I needed the shipping state's Attorney General's office to have the telescope shipped. That office is my hero, as well as my own state's.)

Re: Foundation 'who is in charge of these funds and where they go'....
Form 990 data for 2022 will hopefully be available and published later this year.
Gabby Petito Foundation

Ruling year 2022
Main address
PO Box 1
Blue Point, NY 11715

EIN 87-2921037
NTEE code Human Service Organizations (P20)
IRS filing requirement This organization is required to file an IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ.

GABBY PETITO FOUNDATION​

BLUE POINT, NY 11715-0000 | TAX-EXEMPT SINCE APRIL 2022
  • EIN: 87-2921037
  • Classification (NTEE)
    Human Service Organizations - Multipurpose (Human Services — Multipurpose and Other)
  • Nonprofit Tax Code Designation: 501(c)(3)

You can always tweet the The Gabby Petito Foundation directly.

The Petito family have been thrown in the deep end and to my knowledge had no experience creating or running a 501(c)(3) organization prior to their daughter’s murder (please correct me if I’m wrong). I would assume they have a third party handling the creation and distribution of items sold.

For example, if you purchase merchandise from a podcast website, the podcast hosts are not actually the people taping up boxes and mailing the merch out. It is outsourced.

If you have followed up with the distributor and received no response, notifying the P family/foundation on social media could be helpful. The Petito family would want to know that their distributor is falling behind.

Edit: the foundation website notes “Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.”

Last edited:
Just curious when you ordered, how long they stated the wait time would be, and when you emailed them about non-receipt. I ask because they might have been overwhelmed with support/purchases, and totally over their heads and didn't realize how much time and effort something like this could take. That's not a bad thing for their part.

Sounds like they might have had way more interest than they anticipated. Not faulting them in the least. Just pointing out they haven't been in ecommerce business for years on end and might be totally overwhelmed and doing they best they can. It might feel like a snails pace to some, but to them, they are cranking out as fast as they can and weeks/months feel like mere minutes.

I just feel in my gut it's something like I outlined, and not them trying to rip off the public. They are so invested in doing whatever they can for Gabby and her foundation that I don't feel they are trying to screw anyone.

All MOO.
I ordered it back when they first came out, I’m not worried about the money. My only concern was that when I reached out, they did not respond. I just wanted the bracelet to raise awareness, I lost a friend to domestic murder.

Could it be possible that Brian's mom gave him the letter and the shovel after the Moab incident during his stay in Florida when the family discussed the incident? Perhaps the shovel was in his checked baggage on the way back to SLC. He just didn't use it finally, as we all know.

There must be a reason Bertolino does not disclose the letter and rather speculates about what the FBI would have done or not.

Let's just assume for a moment the above was the case, what would that mean for the Laundrie parents in the ongoing lawsuit?

****this is all IMHO****

I don't see how this hurts the Laundrie's in any way.

This looks like a routine response in a lawsuit, essentially saying, show us the evidence to back up your allegations.

As for the requests about selling rights: Gabby's family has made accusations of great wrongdoing against the Laundrie's. If they fail to produce evidence supporting this, GP's family will likely be countersued and have to pay out.

Also, the suit does not involve Brian, and any evidence of wrongdoing by Brian is not really relevant. The information is also already known by GP's family and will be used in the suit if their attorney finds it appropriate.

In civil cases, all information should be known by both parties well before trial. This response is just a part of the process.

Could it be possible that Brian's mom gave him the letter and the shovel after the Moab incident during his stay in Florida when the family discussed the incident? Perhaps the shovel was in his checked baggage on the way back to SLC. He just didn't use it finally, as we all know.

There must be a reason Bertolino does not disclose the letter and rather speculates about what the FBI would have done or not.

Let's just assume for a moment the above was the case, what would that mean for the Laundrie parents in the ongoing lawsuit?
I have no idea what the purported letter meant, when it was written, or how the P's attorney could know it was once in the van but it was found in the house by LE. But I just don't believe RL gave BL a shovel to tuck into his checked luggage when returning from Florida. If she thought he needed a shovel because B&G went camping without one, why not give him $ to buy one out West?
JMO

As for the requests about selling rights: Gabby's family has made accusations of great wrongdoing against the Laundrie's. If they fail to produce evidence supporting this, GP's family will likely be countersued and have to pay out.
I'm not an attorney, but as far as I know, the purpose of discovery isn't so that you can be aware of the counterparty's assets so that you can figure out how much money to sue them for in the future. JMO.

I don't see how this hurts the Laundrie's in any way.

This looks like a routine response in a lawsuit, essentially saying, show us the evidence to back up your allegations.

Also, the suit does not involve Brian, and any evidence of wrongdoing by Brian is not really relevant. The information is also already known by GP's family and will be used in the suit if their attorney finds it appropriate.

In civil cases, all information should be known by both parties well before trial. This response is just a part of the process.
Right. I get that both parties would/should have this information. I don't know what beneficial information Brian's parents expect to find, however, IMHO.

I am not a legal expert whatsoever, so I get confused when you say the suit doesn't involve Brian? I thought the P's are going to court because they believe they have evidence that the L's lied about knowing what Brian's actions (strangling Gabby) were and when it occurred.

I guess legally this suit doesn't involve Brian, but rather his past actions and the actions the L's took thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member